royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 167

帖子 royl » 周二 8月 23, 2011 10:58 pm

二十笔实用成语 167

01. buy it for the price of a skinny chicken, to
定义: 以低价收购.
例句: These governments are, in effect, saying that if they can't buy it for the price of a skinny chicken, their citizens can't get it. (这些政府实际上说, 如果他们不能以低价收购它的话, 他们的国民也得不到它)

02. buy it, to
定义: 被杀, 死亡.
例句: I nearly bought it when my car skidded off the road. (当我车子滑出路面时我差点死亡)

03. buy off, to
定义: 买通, 贿赂某人使其不行使职权, 例如不起诉某涉案人或免除某役男服役.
例句: They tried to buy off the politician but John refused to go along with their plan. (他们设法买通政客但约翰拒绝配合他们的计划)

04. buy one, get one free
定义: [广告词]买一送一. (注: BOGOF是buy one get one free的缩写)
例句: I often see "buy one get one free" ads for OJ at the supermarket, but the first box costs over $5.00 while the juices not on sale are selling for $2.50 a box. (我经常在超市看到橙汁"买一送一"广告, 但是第一盒要价超过五块钱, 然而不减价的橙汁只卖两块半一盒)

05. buy one's way into ..., to
定义: 以买通或贿赂来达到目的.
例句: Robert Redford stars as self-made millionaire Jay Gatsby, who uses his vast fortune to buy his way into Long Island society. (罗伯•瑞德福主演白手起家的百万富豪杰•盖茨比, 他运用他庞大财富买通关系, 打入长岛高级社交圈)

06. buy out someone, to
定义: 买下某人名下的股份或财物. (注: 意指把你合伙人的权益或股份买下)
例句: She bought out her partners so that she could manage the company the way she wanted to. (她买下她合伙人的股份, 如此她才能以她想要的方式管理这家公司)

07. buy out, to
定义: 收购整个公司及库存货物, 权益.
例句: We knew his business was in debt, so we offered to buy him out. (我们知道他公司负债, 所以我们出价收购他的公司)

08. buy someone off, to
定义: 买通或贿赂某人, 以礼物或好处来争取某人支持.
例句: Many believe that Jones bought off the police so that he would not be investigated for the murder. (许多人相信琼斯买通警方以致他在这件谋杀案上不被调查)

09. buy something for a song, to
定义: 花一点小钱就买到合算的东西.
例句: I could buy this house for a song, because it's so ugly. (因为它太难看, 我可以花一点小钱就买到这间房子)

10. buy something on credit, to
定义: 以赊帐或以信用购买.
例句: I didn't have any cash with me, so I used my credit card and bought a new coat on credit. (我身上没带任何现金, 因此我使用我的信用卡以信用购买一件新大衣)

11. buy something sight unseen, to
定义: 货品还没看就买进.
例句: I bought this land sight unseen. I didn't know it was so rocky. (我还没看就买下这块土地. 我当初并不知道它到处都是岩石)

12. buy the farm, to
定义: 死亡, 阵亡.
例句: Lance bought the farm at the scene when he drove his motorcycle straight into a brick wall. (当蓝斯骑着他的摩托车直接撞上砖墙, 他当场死亡)

13. buy the story, to
定义: 接受或相信某个说法.
例句: Quite frankly, I don't buy the story you're peddling here. (说句实话, 我不相信你在此兜售的这个说法)

14. buy time, to
定义: 以拖延来争取时间.
例句: Buying time is important – it give the biotech industry a chance to deliver on the promise of drought-resistant crops. (以拖延来争取时间是重要的– 它给生物科技业者一个机会交付所承诺的抗旱作物)

15. buy up, to
定义: 大量购入, 全部买断.
例句: The big company started buying up all the small stores. (这家大公司开始大肆收购所有的小商家)

16. buy votes, to
定义: 贿选, 买选票. (注: 政客或以政府资金讨好部份选民或以私人资金贿选)
例句: I've already told them, I don't buy votes, I win them. (我已经告诉他们了. 我不买选票, 我赢得选票)

17. buyer's market, the
定义: 买方市场. 当市价低迷或市场软弱时的市场.
例句: Low mortgage rates and the bargains to be found in the vast inventory of distressed homes for sale are making this a buyer's market. (低贷款利率以及可以从要脱售的大量库存财政艰困的房屋里找到便宜价格使这个房市成为一个买方市场)

18. buying power, the
定义: 购买力.
例句: Big companies have greater buying power than small businesses. (大公司具有比小企业还更大的购买力)

19. buzz around town, to
定义: 急驶街道, 飙车.
例句: And the really cool part was that as we were buzzing around town, we were getting over 100 mpg. (还有相当令人喜欢的一点是, 当我们在街上四处飙车, 我们得到超过一加仑一百英哩的省油率)

20. buzz in, to
定义: 以电铃召唤; 打开电动门让人进来.
例句: I went to the office and got buzzed in. I was greeted by Andy who is Mike's assistant. (我去这间办公室, 被人打开电动门请进去. 我受到了麦克的助理安迪接待)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 41 访客