royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 182

帖子 royl » 周一 9月 19, 2011 8:58 pm

二十笔实用成语 182

01. can't get past
定义: 没法进行, 或超越; 没法绕过; 没法克服或接受.
例句: This idiot still can't get past the fact that some of us focus on the content of a man's character and not the color of his skin. (这个白痴还是没法接受一个事实, 也就是我们有些人只注意一个人的品格内涵而不是他的肤色)

02. can't get worse than that
定义: 没有比这个更糟的, 糟透了.
例句: I have gone through a very difficult time and I know that it can't get worse than that, so I am not worried. (我已经渡过了一个非常艰困的境况而且我知道没有比这个更糟的, 所以我不担心)

03. can't hack it
定义: 无法达成任务; 忍受不了.
例句: If you can't hack it, let me know, and I'll help you out. (如果你没办法做好它的话, 告诉我, 我会帮你忙)

04. can't have it all
定义: 无法全部得到, 不能拥有一切.
例句: Each time I enter a supermarket or a store to buy some items, I say to myself, you can't have it all. (每次我到超市或店铺买东西时, 我提醒自己不能看到什么喜欢的东西都要买下来)

05. can't have it both ways
定义: 鱼与熊掌不可兼得.
例句: When children are allowed to make choices, they learn that they can't have it both ways. (当小朋友被允许做决定时, 他们学到鱼与熊掌不可兼得)

06. can't have your cake and eat it too
定义: 鱼与熊掌不可兼得.
例句: He works so hard to pay for that fancy house that he never has any time to stay home and enjoy it. Well, you can't have your cake and eat it too. (他努力赚钱买那栋豪宅, 他却没时间在家里享受它. 唉, 鱼与熊掌不可兼得呀)

07. can't hear oneself think
定义: 因为周遭太吵闹, 无法集中精神思考.
例句: Will you knock it off! I can't hear myself think. (别吵啦! 我没法集中精神思考)

08. can't help
定义: 没办法, 不得不, 情不自禁.
例句: I always cry at weddings. I can't help it. (我总是在婚礼上哭泣. 我没法控制自己)

09. can't help it
定义: 没办法, 不得不, 情不自禁.
例句: We have tried to talk about it and she admits it's silly but says she can't help it. (我们曾试图讨论这个问题而且她承认这是愚蠢的但她没办法控制自己)

10. can't hit the broad side of a barn
定义: 瞄不准, 准确度太差或准头太差. (注: 意指不精确瞄准连大房屋的边都打不到)
例句: These comedians are Wild West outlaws who can't hit the broad side of a barn – but never miss when it comes to rounding up laughs. (这些喜剧演员跟荒野西部的亡命之徒一样地准头太差 – 但他们却能够精确地获得观众的笑声)

11. can't hold a candle to
定义: (比较两一个人或物)太差了, 根本不能比.
例句: These pop bands that you hear nowadays can't hold a candle to the groups we used to listen to in the sixties. (目前你所听的这些流行音乐团跟我们过去在六零年代所聆听的乐团差多了)

12. can't keep one's eyes off ...
定义: 被...深深吸引住, 目不转睛注视...
例句: A Libyan living in Tucson can't keep his eyes off news about the uprising in his home country. (一个利比亚人目不转睛注视有关在他祖国内发生的叛乱新闻)

13. can't keep one's hands off someone
定义: 情不自禁地不停抚摸恋人或性伙伴; 另, 禄山之爪, 性骚扰.
例句: I'm fully aware that when I wear my short-sleeved gray cashmere turtleneck, my boyfriend can't keep his hands off me. (我完全地意识到当我穿着我的灰色短袖喀什米尔高领毛衣时, 我男友情不自禁地不停抚摸我)

14. can't learn to swim without getting in the water
定义: 学习某事必须要实际做它; 不可能不下水而学好游泳.
例句: You can't learn to swim without getting in the water, and you can't learn about science just by reading facts. (你不可能不下水而学好游泳, 你也不可能只读论据而学好科学)

15. can't make head or/nor tail of something
定义: 弄得昏头转向, 无法理解.
例句: See if you can understand this chapter. I can't make head or tail of it. (你试试看能不能了解这一章. 我无法理解它)

16. can't make someone out
定义: 对某人的行为无法理解, 费猜疑.
例句: Bruce has got a strange personality. I can't make him out even though we've been working together for years. (布鲁斯的个性怪异. 尽管我们在一起工作多年我还是不了解他)

17. can't make the rent
定义: 付不出房租.
例句: If your roommates can't make the rent, it is the person whose name is on the lease who will be held accountable. (如果你室友付不出房租的话, 谁的名字在租约上谁就要为租金负责)

18. can't punch one's way out of a paper bag
定义: 孱弱无力.
例句: There's one problem, the kid can't punch his way out of a paper bag and his fighting skills are virtually non-existent. (有一个问题, 这个小孩孱弱无力而且他的搏斗技巧几乎不存在)

19. can't put a cigarette paper between two people
定义: 亲密不分; 焦不离孟, 孟不离焦; 两人想法一致, 毫无区别.
例句: Frankly, you can't put a cigarette paper between them and that is why there are nine million people who don't vote in general elections. (老实说, 这两个后选人毫无区别, 这就是为什么九百万选民在大选没去投票)

20. can't put a foot wrong
定义: 认为某人做任何事都是完美的, 不会犯错的; 准不会错的.
例句: You can't put a foot wrong with this tranquil retreat for just $66. (你选择这个花六十六块钱一晚的宁静休息寓所准不会错的)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 39 访客