royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 184

帖子 royl » 周三 9月 21, 2011 11:15 am

二十笔实用成语 184

01. can't wait
定义: 迫不及待.
例句: I can't wait to meet you and enjoy great times together. (我迫不及待和你见面, 一起享受美好的时光)

02. Can't wait any longer.
[成语句型]不能再等下去.

03. Can't we talk about something else?
[成语句型]我们可以谈别的吗?

04. can't win
定义: 赢不了, 没法成功.
例句: You can't win if you don't play. (你不参加比赛你就赢不了. 注: 意指胜利的奖品不会给予那些不参赛的旁观者)

05. Can't you do one thing right?
[成语句型]你难道连一件事都做不好吗?

06. Can't you see?
[成语句型]你难道不明白吗?

07. Canuck, a
定义: [俚语]加拿大人尤其是说法语加拿大人.
例句: The term Canuck is originally referring to a French Canadian, though in Canada and other countries, it refers to a Canadian. (尽管在加拿大和其他国家, 它是指加拿大人, Canuck这个用语本来是指法裔加拿大人)

08. cap and gown, the
定义: 毕业礼服; 亦指学术界或学术生涯.
例句: I appeared wearing my cap and gown at the ceremony, but I had shorts on underneath because it gets so hot at that time of year. (我穿着毕业礼服出现在典礼上, 但因为在每年这个时候天气很热我在礼服里面穿短裤)

09. cap it all off, to
定义: 好上加好或雪上加霜; 好事最后变更好, 坏事最后变更糟. (注: 大多指所经历不愉快的经验)
例句: There's been bad economic news all year this year, and to cap it all off, now oil prices are increasing. (今年整年都是经济坏消息, 现在又雪上加霜 – 油价一直在飙升)

10. cap something off, to
定义: 好上加好或雪上加霜; 好事最后变更好, 坏事最后变更糟. (注: 大多指所经历不愉快的经验)
例句: We went to the beach, strolled around town, and capped off our visit with a fireworks display that evening. (我们到海滩去玩, 然后在城里到处闲逛, 更让我们游玩满意的是当晚的烟火表演)

11. capital crime, a
定义: [法律术语]死罪. (注: 意指重大罪案, 嫌犯如果一旦判决有罪, 其刑罚将是处死)
例句: A capital crime is a crime which, in the adjudication of justice, calls for a capital punishment. (一个死罪是指在司法审理上判决处死的一宗罪)

12. capitalize on one's opportunities, to
定义: 善用自己的机会.
例句: It just goes to show if you don't capitalize on your opportunities, it will come back to bite you in the butt. (这证明了如果你不善用自己的机会, 它会回头反噬你. 注: 意指不善用机会依然也会造成对你不利的后果)

13. captain's mast, a
定义: 海军单位司令官主持的士兵违纪审议.
例句: Yesterday I had to take one of my guys to Captain's Mast. He has been disrespectful, absent without authority, ignored lawful orders. (昨天我不得不带着我的一个士兵去司令官主持的士兵违纪审议. 这名士兵对长官不礼貌, 擅离职守, 不服从上级命令)

14. captive audience, a
定义: 被强制的或没选择的听众/观众.
例句: On a plane, you're a captive audience. Personally, I didn't like having to listen to a mid-flight credit card spiel. (在飞机上, 你是个被强制的听众. 就个人而言, 我不喜欢被强迫听飞机上烦人的推销信用卡的广告台词)

15. captive breeding programs, the
定义: 被捕捉的野生动物置于牧场驯养繁殖计划.
例句: Successful captive breeding programs may be able to provide the necessary resources to save animals that are in imminent danger of extinction. (成功的驯养繁殖计划能够提供必要的资源来拯救濒临绝种的动物)

16. capture the attention, to
定义: 捕捉或吸引注意.
例句: You may need to bring some toys that have bright colors to capture the attention of little children. (你也许需要带一些富有鲜艳颜色的玩具来吸引小朋友的注意)

17. capture the imagination of ..., to
定义: 激发某人的想像力/创造力.
例句: Although the art of bonsai is usually associated with adults, it can easily capture the imagination of young people. (尽管盆栽艺术通常跟成年人有关, 它也可以激发年青人的创造力)

18. capture/catch someone's imagination, to
定义: 令某人为之神往.
例句: Medicine captured her imagination early on as a young child, when she battled scarlet fever, a life-threatening illness. (医药令她早年还是孩提时候为之神往, 当时她跟猩红热, 一个危及生命疾病, 做生死缠斗)

19. car accident, a
定义: 车祸.
例句: On my way to work, I was involved in a car accident when a deer hit my car. My insurance will cover it, but who pays the deductible? (在我去上班的路上, 当时一只鹿撞上我的车让我被卷入一场车祸. 我的保险公司会理赔这个损失, 但谁赔偿我的自付额呢?)

编者注: 在美国买汽车保险, 你可以选择自付额, 从$250.00, $500.00, $1000.00或选更高额度. 如果汽车修理总金额为$2000.00而你的自付额是$500.00, 保险公司只赔偿$1500.00. 请注意, 你选择的自付额越高, 你的保费越低. 同时, 也要把自己的开车习惯列入考虑, 否则你经常出车祸而又选择高自付额, 你的财务负担将会重不可言.

20. car bomb, a
定义: 汽车炸弹.
例句: Security officials say a car bomb has killed at least eight army soldiers and wounded scores in Yemen's coastal city of Aden. (在叶门海岸城市亚丁, 负责安全的官员说, 一个汽车炸弹炸死起码八名陆军士兵, 并炸伤大量人员)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 276 访客