royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 192

帖子 royl » 周四 9月 29, 2011 7:33 pm

二十笔实用成语 192

01. castles in the air, the
定义: 空中楼阁; 幻想, 不实际的计划或想法.
例句: I really like to sit on the porch in the evening, just building castles in the air. (我很喜欢晚上坐在门廊地上, 只是在那儿幻想)

图片
门廊

02. cast-off
定义: [形容词]丢弃的, 送人的.
例句: She had to wear her sister's cast-off clothes. (她不得不穿她姊姊不要的衣服)

03. cat burglar, a
定义: 飞贼. 身手矫健地爬墙进入建筑物的窃贼.
例句: A cat burglar has been caught on camera, stealing over 600 items from neighbors' homes in a California town. (在加州某一镇, 一名飞贼从邻居家里盗窃了六百件物品都被保全摄影机拍下来)

04. cat fur and kitty britches, it's
定义: 有什么食物就吃什么.
例句: When I used to ask my grandma what was for dinner, she would say "cat fur and kitty britches." (以前我问我祖母我们晚餐吃什么, 她会说"有什么就吃什么.")

05. Cat got your tongue?
[成语句型]你干嘛不说话? 猫拿走你的舌头啦? (注: 意指在争论或吵架时某人一时语塞被人逼问之语)

06. cat-and-dog life, to lead a
定义: 过着争吵不休的日子.
例句: Tom and his wife have nothing in common; they are leading a cat and dog life. (汤姆跟他妻子毫无共同之处; 他们过着争吵不休的日子)

07. catcall, a
定义: 尖叫抗议或嘘声; 对女性的尖叫或口哨声.
例句: I've heard women talk both favorably and unfavorably about catcalls. I've seen them become both bashful and belittled by them. (我听过一些女人对女性的尖叫既喜欢又厌恶的谈论. 我也看到她们同时表现出害羞和被轻视的感觉)

08. catch a break, to
定义: 碰到一个幸运, 顺遂的状况或事件.
例句: Tom couldn't catch a break. He got tangled up in office politics and ended up laid off during the worst economic periods in seventy years. (汤姆一直不顺遂. 首先他被卷入同事之间的勾心斗角, 后来又在七十年来经济最糟的这段时间被解雇)

09. catch a bus, to
定义: 赶搭公(交)车.
例句: If you are on a tight budget, you can walk out the entrance to the airport and catch a bus at the gate. (如果你手头不宽裕的话, 你可以走出机场入口, 在大门前搭公车)

10. catch a buzz, to
定义: 喝得醉醺醺.
例句: He caught a buzz after only two drinks. (他才喝了两杯酒就醉了)

11. catch a cold, to
定义: 感染到感冒.
例句: I caught a cold yesterday. ​​I think it was because I slept with the window open. (我昨天得到感冒. 我想这是因为我开着窗睡觉所造成的)

12. catch a crab, to
定义: 划桨时失手向后倒, 桨入水太深, 失手划空.
例句: We learn how to row together in good timing, maintain balance, catch the water the right way and prevent ourselves from catching a crab. (我们学习如何协调一致地划船, 在过程中学习如何掌握节奏, 保持平衡, 正确划水, 以及防止划桨时失手向后倒)

13. catch a falling knife, to
定义: 证券在下跌行情时买进希望股价会反弹, 但股价却仍然下降不止有如伸手接高空掉下的刀子.
例句: When you do stupid things like try to catch a falling knife or chase a stock beyond your outlined entry price, you can lose fast and hard. (如果你做像买进暴跌不止股票或买进比原先拟定好的价格范围高出许多的上涨股票之类的愚蠢事情, 你会亏损得又快又惨)

14. catch a glimpse, to
定义: 投以一瞥, 瞥见.
例句: I caught a glimpse of Sue at the mall, but she didn't see me. (我在购物中心瞥见到苏, 不过她没看到我)

15. catch a packet, to
定义: [俚语]遭到不幸, 打击或惩罚; 受伤; 受到谴责.
例句: He caught a packet at Midway on the Akagi that took him out of combat. (他在赤城号航母上被流弹击中受伤因此退出战斗)

16. catch a plane, to
定义: 赶去搭乘飞机.
例句: They drove to Vienna, where they caught a plane to Frankfurt. They missed the plane to London, so they slept in chairs at the airport. (他们开车到维也纳搭乘飞机到法兰克福. 他们没赶上飞往伦敦的班机, 因此他们在机场椅子上过夜)

17. catch a Tartar, to
定义: 出乎预料地遇到难对付的对手.
例句: Now that she finally agreed to meet with you, you just might find that you've caught a Tartar. (好了, 她终于答应跟你见面, 你搞不好会发现你碰到一个难对付的对手)

18. catch a tiger by the tail, to
定义: 骑虎难下, 捅到马蜂窝, 碰到棘手的麻烦.
例句: Speaker Boehner is caught between a shutdown and a hard place. He's caught a tiger by the tail in the form of the Tea Party. (众议院议长边尔夹在政府关闭和另一个困难选择的两难当中. 依茶党的看法, 他碰到棘手的麻烦)

19. catch a train, to
定义: 赶去搭乘火车.
例句: After cycling south along the Nile for a few days they decided the traffic was too horrid and caught a train to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings. (在骑自行车沿着尼罗河往南走了几天以后, 他们认为交通情况遭透了, 因此他们就搭乘火车到卢克索和帝王谷)

图片
卢克索和帝王谷

20. catch as catch can, to
定义: 用一切办法, 尽力而为. (注: 意指并无事先计划, 所以要尽力而为)
例句: I have to catch as catch can now. I can't find a job in my field because my experience is not recent. I consider myself vulnerable at this moment. (我现在不得不尽力而为. 我没法找到一份属于我领域内的工作因为我的经验不是最新的. 此时我认为我相当脆弱)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 100 访客