royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 193

帖子 royl » 周五 9月 30, 2011 1:49 pm

二十笔实用成语 193

01. catch at, to
定义: 伸手抓住.
例句: The baby caught at my dress as I walked past. (当我路过时, 这个婴儿伸出手抓住我的衣服)

02. catch cold, to
定义: 得感冒, 招凉.
例句: Please close the window, or we'll all catch cold. (请你把窗子关上, 否则我们都会招凉)

03. catch dead, to
定义: 在大众面前出丑. (注: 平常用于否定语气上例如不愿让大众看到某人的窘态)
例句: John's dad won't go to the christening, he wouldn't be seen dead in a church. (约翰的父亲不愿意参加婴儿洗礼及取名仪式, 他不愿让人看到他在教堂的窘态)

图片
天主教的婴儿洗礼及取名仪式

04. catch fire, to
定义: 着火; 热情如火; 如火如荼, 炙手可热.
例句: Our car caught fire while we were waiting at a red light. (在我们等红灯的时候我们的车子着了火)

05. catch forty winks, to
定义: 小憩, 打小瞌睡.
例句: I'll just catch forty winks before getting ready for my daily 10K run. (在准备我每天十公里长跑之前, 我现在要小睡一下)

06. catch hell, to
定义: 惹人对你大怒; 挨一顿臭骂.
例句: John, "Did you catch hell for cheating?" Tom, "Yes. The teacher lectured me and gave me zero on the exam." (约翰, "你的作弊有没有惹来一顿臭骂?" 汤姆, "有啊, 老师教训我一顿然后这个考试给我零分")

07. catch hold of, to
定义: 抓紧, 抱紧.
例句: See if you can catch hold of the rope as it swings back and forth. (你试试看能不能抓紧这个摇来晃去的绳子)

08. catch it in the neck, to
定义: 受到谴责, 申诫或处罚.
例句: You'll catch it in the neck occasionally, but then it goes with the job doesn't it? (你偶尔会遭到指责, 不过话又说回来了, 做这个工作就得接受它, 不是吗? )

09. catch it, to
定义: 受到谴责, 申诫或处罚.
例句: He's really going to catch it if he comes in late again! (如果他再迟到一次, 他肯定会受到申诫!)

10. catch lightning in a bottle, like trying to
定义: 不自量力, 不可能达成的任务; 极为幸运, 不可思议地做到了.
例句: He caught lightning in a bottle with the success of his very first book. (他极为幸运成功地发​​行出他第一本书)

11. catch me looking at someone, to
定义: 某人突然发现到我在注视他/她.
例句: This girl caught me looking at her. From across the room she waved and said hi. (这个女孩突然发现到我在注视她. 从房间的另一头她跟我挥手和打招呼)

12. Catch my drift?
[成语句型]懂我在说什么吗? 明白我的意思吗?

13. catch of the day, the
定义: [餐厅用语]今日推荐的鲜鱼. (注: 意指今天餐厅特别供应的特价鲜鱼)

14. catch on fire, to
定义: 着火.
例句: Police on the scene said the suspects who set the fire actually caught on fire themselves. (警方在火灾现场指称这些纵火的嫌犯其实也害了他们自己着了火)

15. catch on, to
定义: 理解, 懂得; 变成受欢迎的, 流行的.
例句: It was difficult to catch on at first but finally I was able to understand the math problem. (刚开始很难理解, 但是我终于能够明白这道数学习题)

16. catch one's breath, to
定义: 歇口气. (注: 在激烈活动后的休息一阵子回复正常)
例句: I became so afraid I couldn't catch my breath. What was happening to me? Was I having a heart attack? Was I dying? (我好怕我没法歇口气. 我到底出了什么问题? 我是不是心脏病发作? 我是不是快要死了?)

17. catch one's chickens before they're hatched, to
定义: 八字还没一撇就指望某事; 事情尚未确定就假设某事成功.
例句: Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. You're spending your money and you don't even have a job yet. (别八字还没一撇就指望它. 你现在还在花你自己的钱, 你甚至连工作都还没有呐)

18. catch one's death of cold, to
定义: 得重感冒.
例句: The little boy was told to be careful in the rain or he would catch his death of cold. (这个小男孩被叮咛在雨中要小心别被淋湿, 否则他会得重感冒)

19. catch one's death, to
定义: 得重感冒.
例句: In this terrible weather, put on a coat or you'll catch your death. (在这个坏天气的时节, 你最好穿上大衣, 否则你会得重感冒)

20. catch one's drift, to
定义: 听懂, 明白我的意思或含意.
例句: Of course it's nice when you control the masses, but it's nicer to control the controllers, if you catch my drift. (当然你如果能掌握人民群众是好的, 不过更好的是你能掌握住这些掌控者, 如果你明白我的意思的话)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 29 访客