royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 195

帖子 royl » 周日 10月 02, 2011 8:52 pm

二十笔实用成语 195

01. catch someone's eye, to
定义: 吸引到某人的注意.
例句: There was one dress in particular that caught my eye. (那儿有一件衣服特别引起我的注意)

02. catch the fever, to
定义: 感染到热情或兴趣.
例句: He grew up around a musical family but John never caught the fever of music until he was in his middle Twenties. (他在一个音乐家庭长大但约翰在二十五六岁之前一直对音乐没兴趣)

03. catch the imagination of ..., to
定义: 吸引/激发...的兴趣.
例句: This is a story that will catch the imagination of every child. (这是一个肯定会吸引每一个小朋友兴趣的故事)

04. catch the wave, to
定义: 赶上新潮流.
例句: The company's move was aimed at catching the wave of consumers rushing to the Web. (这次公司的行动乃是以赶上这一波涌向网路的消费者为目标)

05. catch up on, to
定义: 补充, 补上, 赶上.
例句: I hope to catch up on some much-needed sleep this weekend. (这个周末, 我希望补充一些急需的睡眠)

06. catch up with
定义: 从后追上, 超越; 追赶上最新的消息, 新闻或知识.
例句: The long arm of the law finally caught up with him 30 years later. (三十年后, 警方终于将他逮捕)

07. catch up, to
定义: 突然地拿走; 纠缠, 卷入; 着迷, 痴迷; 供应最新的消息; 追赶上前面领先者; 达到平衡; 捕获嫌犯; 完成或弥补缺失; 弥补缺乏的消息.
例句: You go ahead. I'll catch up with you at the bus stop. (你先走. 我会在公车站赶上你)

08. catch wind of, to
定义: 听到, 风闻, 得到消息.
例句: Kirk caught wind of the plot and ended his association with this group. (寇克风闻到这个阴谋之后就断绝了跟这个团体的交往)

09. Catch you later.
[成语句型]再聊, 以后再跟你谈.

10. Catch you on the flip side.
[成语句型]再聊, 以后再跟你谈.

11. catch/hitch a ride, to
定义: 搭便车.
例句: Sometimes it's dangerous to hitch a ride with a stranger. (有时候, 搭陌生人的便车是危险的)

12. catch/see someone dead to rights, to
定义: 证据确凿地撞见某人正在做坏事, 逮个正着.
例句: Once you catch him dead to rights he will scream racist and sue you. (一旦你证据确凿地抓到他正在做坏事, 他就会污蔑你是个种族歧视者然后告你)

13. catch-22, a
定义: 左右为难的困境; 进退两难的状况; 不合逻辑, 不合道理或错乱的情况; 违背初衷的措施或政策.
例句: It was catch 22. I needed a pair of glasses to find my glasses. (这真是个左右为难的困境. 我需要一副眼镜来找我的眼镜)

14. catch-all party, a
定义: 大帐蓬政党. (注: 吸收各式各样人参与的政党, 不强调某意识型态的政党)
例句: The Civic Democratic Party has declared its intention to become the catch-all party to address centrist voters. (公民民主党已经宣​​布它计划成为一个大帐蓬政党, 支持中间派选民的诉求)

15. catch-as-catch-can
定义: [形容词]用一切办法的, 尽力而为的. (注: 意指并无事先计划, 所以要尽力而为)
例句: Tom makes a catch-as-catch-can living doing odd jobs. (汤姆用一切办法靠打零工谋生)

16. catchphrase, a
定义: 流行语, 口号, 招牌语.
例句: The politician asked his writers to come up with new catchphrases. (这个政客要求他写演讲稿的人炮制出一些新口号)

17. categorically deny, to
定义: 矢口否认; 断然地, 完全地否认.
例句: He categorically denied the accusation, which he said was made to undermine his credibility. (他矢口否认这个指控, 他说这是用来破坏他的信誉)

18. catfight, a
定义: 两个女子激烈地吵架或打架.
例句: A catfight outside a nightclub led to a barefooted woman stamping on her opponent's face as she lay on the ground. (两个女子在夜店外面激烈地打架导致一个赤脚女人用力践踏躺在地上对手的脸部)

19. cat-quick reflexes, the
定义: 像猫一样快速反应, 反射动作.
例句: Judo requires the cat-quick reflexes of a fencer, the strength of a power lifter, and the endurance of a long-distance runner. (柔道要求像剑术选手一样的快速反应, 举重选手一样的力道, 以及长跑选手一样的耐力)

20. cat's ass, the
定义: [粗俗语]最好的, 一流的, 高级的, 很酷的人或物.
例句: Since Valerie won the beauty contest, she thinks she's the cat's ass! (自从娃乐芮赢得了选美竞赛之后, 她总认为她高人一等!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 17 访客