royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 202

帖子 royl » 周日 10月 09, 2011 11:35 pm

二十笔实用成语 202

01. change/shift/switch gears, to
定义: (汽车)换档; 换个话题; 加紧工作速度.
例句: I'd like to shift gears and discuss your new boyfriend. (我想换个话题, 讨论你新交的男友)

02. change/trade/swap/switch places, to
定义: 易地而处, ​​交换位子或地方.
例句: I'm not rich and I can't slam around money the way he does; but I've told him a many a time that I wouldn't trade places with him. (我不富有, 不能像他一样到处砸钱; 但我告诉他许多次, 我才不想跟他易地而处)

03. changes will affect ..., the
定义: 一些改变会影响...
例句: The changes will affect employers in different ways, depending on the state in which their employees work. (随他们员工在工作的州而定, 这些改变会多方面地影响雇主)

04. channel surfing/hopping/zapping
定义: [名词]不停地​​转变电视频道, 找自己喜欢看的节目.
例句: Modern viewers, who may have cable or satellite services beaming down hundreds of channels, are frequently caught doing channel surfing. (现代的观众, 也许使用有线或卫星电视服务提供数百条频道, 经常被发现不停地转变电视频道, 找自己喜欢看的节目)

05. channels of communication
定义: 联络的管道.
例句: My dad taught me that the most important thing in life is to keep the channels of communication open. (我父亲教了我人生最重要的一件事, 也就是保持联络管道的开放)

06. chap, a
定义: [俚语]老兄, 家伙, 男人.
例句: Don't worry old chap. It'll be all right. (老兄别烦恼. 不会有事的)

07. character actor, a
定义: 性格演员.
例句: Although some become character actors by choice, others find character work because they are seen as typecast, due to an early success with a particular role. (尽管有些人选择成为性格演员, 由于早期演出某个特殊角色的成功,也有演员寻求不同角色因为他们已经被观众定型为某个固定角色)

08. character assassination, a
定义: 人格的暗杀或抹黑; 蓄意破坏诋毁一个人的公众形象.
例句: The elite use experts, mainstream media, and anti-hate organizations for well-coordinated character assassinations against those who promote unwelcome news. (这个政治菁英利用专家, 主流媒体, 和反仇恨团体对那些推动他不喜欢的讯息的人进行协同一致的人格抹黑)

09. character building, the
定义: 品格的培育.
例句: If there is one thing that kills character building is obsession with quick fixes. (如果有一件破坏品格培育的事, 那就是对权宜之计的著迷. 注: 意指沉迷于抄小路的人不喜欢走正道, 自然也不愿接受品格的培育)

10. character density, the
定义: 傻瓜的人数.
例句: If I join your company, the character density will decrease. (如果我参加你的公司, 公司的傻瓜人数就会减少)

11. character witness, a
定义: [法律术语]品德见证人. (注: 在法庭上某人以见证人的身份证明涉案中某一人平日的信誉, 行为及道德性格)
例句: Yesterday, I was asked to testify as a character witness for my neighbor's dog in a court of law. (昨天, 我被要求替我邻居的狗作为品德见证人出庭作证)

12. charade, a
定义: 骗人的, 伪装的外表.
例句: Anna went through the charade of cordiality towards her rival today, when everyone knew she couldn't stand the sight of her. (虽然谁都知道安娜看到她的敌手就憎恶, 今天安娜对她自始至终装得热诚友好)

13. charge against, to
定义: 将花费或损失计算为支出.
例句: Don't even try to charge it against your business expenses. (想都别想把它算作你的业务开销)

14. charge it to the dust and let the rain settle it, to
定义: [俚语]撒手不管. (注: 不愿意为自己行为负责)
例句: Tom, "Who's going to pay me all that money you owe?" Mary, "Charge it to the dust and let the rain settle it!" (汤姆, "谁要支付我你欠我的钱?" 玛丽, "我才不管!")

15. charge it, to
定义: (买东西时)以信用卡付款.
例句: The clerk said, "If you don't have cash, you can charge it." (这个收银员说, "如果你没现金的话, 你可以用信用卡付款.")

16. charge off, to
定义: 仓促离开; 计算为损失; 将错误归咎于...
例句: All they can do is add interest and late fees to it for a while, but after 180 days they have to charge it off as bad debt, then write it off. (暂时他们所能做的是把利息和滞纳金加算在这个帐上, 但是过了一百八十天之后, 他们必须要把这个帐算作损失, 然后把它当呆帐冲销掉)

17. charge up, to
定义: 刺激, 鼓动, 激励; 充好电; 整装待发.
例句: The battery shop is all charged up and ready for action. (这个电池店完全整装待发, 准备行动. 注: 这句话里的charged up是个一个双关语, 他除了可以解释为整装待发, 也可以用来作为跟"电池"相对映的"充好电")

18. charge what the traffic will bear, to
定义: [商业用语]要价越高越好. (注: 意指商人将价格推高到客户支付能力极限)
例句: You may have paid more than the house was worth at the time, builders typically charge what the traffic will bear. (你也许当时付了比这栋房屋价值更多的钱, 房屋建商一般都把价格推高到客户支付能力极限)

19. charge with, to
定义: 责成某人工作或任务; 以某罪名对某人提起公诉.
例句: It's a good thing too that they didn't charge him with murder because they would have lost badly in doing so. (也还好, 他们没有以谋杀罪起诉他, 因为他们如果这样做的话肯定惨败)

20. charged with seven counts of lewdness, be
定义: 被控告七项猥亵行为.
例句: A convicted sex offender now is charged with seven counts of lewdness for allegedly holding up an indecent sign in front of a school bus. (由于据称在校车前举着一个淫亵招牌, 一个曾判刑的性侵犯被控告七项猥亵行为)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客