royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 204

帖子 royl » 周二 10月 11, 2011 7:56 pm

二十笔实用成语 204

01. cheap at half the price, be
定义: 非常昂贵.
例句: "That'll be five dollars." "What? For one bottle of beer! Cheap at half the price." ("一共是五块钱." "什么? 一瓶啤酒要五块钱! 真贵." )

02. cheap at twice the price, be
定义: 非常便宜, 物美价廉.
例句: I'm no educationalist, but I think I've spent enough time reviewing kids' books to be able to recognize that this book is cheap at twice the price. (我不是教育理论家, 不过我认为我花了足够的时间评审儿童书籍, 我能识别出这本书是物美价廉)

03. cheap date, a
定义: 一个易醉的人, 不付晚餐的人, 廉价的约会, 小气的约会者.
例句: It's doable for a cheap date that costs less than 50 bucks. Let's face it, we are not all Donald Trump but we want to have a fun date. (一个花费小于五十块钱的廉价约会是可行的. 话实话, 我们不都是有钱人, 但我们也想有一个愉快的约会. 注: Donald Trump唐纳德•川普是个亿万富翁)

04. cheap drunk, a
定义: 喝两口便会醉的人.
例句: Joan admits she's a cheap drunk. Her limit is two drinks. (琼承认她喝不了多少酒. 她的酒量是两杯)

05. cheap eats, the
定义: 便宜小吃.
例句: The cheap eats are fewer and farther in between these days, but these tips will keep you and your wallet stuffed full. (这年头, 便宜小吃越来越少了, 不过这些便宜小吃的小建议会让你吃得饱又荷包满满)

06. cheap like borsch, be
定义: 便宜的.
例句: I didn't pay much for this jacket. It was cheap like borsch. (这件夹克我没花多少钱. 它很便宜)

07. cheap shot, a
定义: 偷袭或暗算; 卑鄙手段; 在比赛时故意以小动作或鲁莽的动作妨碍对方攻防; 在对手软弱之时趁机攻击, 诋毁或中伤对方.
例句: She took a cheap shot at him. Good for him for giving it right back. (她趁机攻击他. 还好他马上反击回去)

08. cheap trick, a
定义: 小把戏; 不值一谈的手法, 骗术, 贱招.
例句: It's a cheap trick to play on someone who has served you for so long. (占一个为你服务这么久的人的便宜真是一记贱招)

09. cheapen one's values​​, to
定义: 贬低一个人的价值观.
例句: Don't let society cheapen your values​​. You are far too precious for this world. (别让社会风气贬低你价值观. 对这个世界来说, 你太珍贵了)

10. cheapskate, a
定义: 小气鬼.
例句: That cheap skate can keep his money. I'll pay for the tickets. (不要这个小气鬼付钱了. 我会付这些票钱)

11. cheat death, to
定义: 大难不死, 躲过劫难.
例句: A two-year-old Chinese girl cheated death after falling from a 10th-floor window thanks to a passer-by who raced to catch her. (由于一个过路人冲过去把她接住, 一个两岁中国小女孩从十层楼窗子摔下来之后躲过一场死劫)

12. cheat on, to
定义: 对自己的配偶或爱侣不忠实; 男子偷腥; 女子红杏出墙.
例句: He cheats on his wife. Now he's sleeping with a waitress. (他对他妻子不忠实. 他现在正跟一个女服务员厮混)

13. cheat someone out of something, to
定义: 以诡计骗走, 诈欺或剥削某人权益.
例句: I was cheated out of $200 after being distracted at a ATM. (我在自动提款机被人弄得心烦意乱之后被骗走两百元)

14. check around, to
定义: 到处查看, 到处逛逛.
例句: Hi, my name is Alex and I am just checking around this site to meet new people for conversation and for having some fun. (嗨, 我的名字是艾力克斯, 我只是来这个网站到处逛逛, 想认识一些聊天的新朋友, 找点乐子)

15. check back with someone, to
定义: 再跟某人连络; 再回来看看.
例句: We may periodically update the information, so please check back from time to time. (我们会每隔一段时间更新这些消息, 请你有空就回来看看)

16. check back, to
定义: 再回来查一下, 核实, 查证; 再跟某人连络.
例句: I'll check back with you in about a week. (大约过一个星期后, 我会再跟你连络)

17. check her makeup in the mirror, to
定义: 照镜子检查化妆.
例句: "Maybe we can salvage this situation," she said curtly, smoothi​​ng down her skirt and checking her makeup in the mirror. (她冷酷不耐烦地说, "也许我们还可以挽回这个局面," 抚平她的裙子, 照镜子检查她的化妆)

18. check in one's bags, to
定义: 托运袋子或行李.
例句: At the airport, once she had checked in her bags, an officer told her that she couldn't leave the country as her visa had expired a week back. (在机场, 当她正托运好她的行李之后一个官员告诉她, 她不行离开这个国家因为她的签证已经在上星期过期了)

19. check in, to
定义: 登入旅馆, 办住店手续; 托运袋子或行李, 托人照顾衣物.
例句: Passengers must check in one hour before the flight leaves. (旅客必须在飞机起飞一个小时以前办好托运行李手续)

20. check into, to
定义: 登入旅馆, 办住店手续; 深入调查.
例句: The police are checking into his recent activities. (警方正在深入调查他最近的活动)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 70 访客