royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 205

帖子 royl » 周三 10月 12, 2011 4:36 pm

二十笔实用成语 205

01. check off on something, to
定义: 正式批准, 授权或许可.
例句: My boss will have to check off on my decision. (我的决定还得要上司批准才行)

02. check off, to
定义: 清点项目打勾, 为出席的人或检验过关打勾; 从薪资扣除工会会费.
例句: Here are the things you need to do. Please check each one off when you've finished it. (这里是你要做的一些事情. 请你每做完一件事就打个勾)

03. check on, to
定义: 仔细的调查, 检查, 关照.
例句: Our volunteer in-home care program ensures that these very sick patients are checked on in their homes regularly. (我们的义务到府看护服务确保这些病情严重的病人在他们家中受到定时的关照)

04. check oneself in for rehab, to
定义: 自行登记进入复健中心或戒勒中心求诊.
例句: It's good to see her doing well again after she checked herself in for rehab around last November because she had a nervous breakdown. (由于她患了精神崩溃, 她去年十一月自行登记进入复健中心之后, 很高兴再看到她情况转好)

05. check oneself into ..., to
定义: 自行登记进入医院求诊.
例句: After dealing with the stress of the past year, she made the decision to check herself into a mental facility for a brief stay to treat her bipolar disorder. (跟精神压力缠斗一年之后, 她决定自行登记进入精神复健中心做一个短暂停留来治疗她的躁郁症)

06. check out, to
定义: 旅客登记付清离开旅馆; 登记离开会议; 登记借出(书籍); 客人购买时加出总价及收款; 匆促的离开; 看看引人注目或有趣味的人或物; 通过详细检查; 死亡.
例句: Let's check out that Subaru we saw at Chong's Used Cars. (我们去瞧瞧那部在钟氏旧车店看到速霸陆汽车)

07. check over, to
定义: 仔细检查, 找出问题或错误.
例句: Be sure to check over each item on the list for any mistakes. (你务必要仔细检查清单上每一个项目看看有没有错误)

08. check something in, to
定义: 托运袋子或行李, 托人照顾衣物.
例句: When I checked my coat in the hotel, I deliberately left the phone in the pocket. (当我在旅馆把大衣托人照顾的时候, 我故意把我的电话留在大衣口袋里)

09. check something over, to
定义: 仔细的调查, 检查.
例句: I've written a letter of application. Will you check it over for me? (我已经写好了一篇申请信. 你可不可以帮我检查一遍?)

10. check this out, to
定义: 来看, 瞧瞧这个.
例句: Hey! Check this out! Jenny has got a boyfriend! (嘿! 来看! 珍妮有了一个男朋友!)

11. check through, to
定义: 全面彻查, 核对, 校对.
例句: He checked through all his files that were strewn all over his apartment and finally decided that nothing was missing. (他全面彻查散落他公寓满地的档案, 终于决定没有遗失任何东西)

12. check up on, to
定义: 仔细的调查, 检查, 监督.
例句: My husband is always checking up on me. I found out recently that he was monitoring my online sessions by reading the browser history. (我先生一直在调查我. 我最近发现他以阅读浏览记录来监视我的上网活动)

13. Check with your doctor first.
[成语句型]先要征得你的医师的同意. (注: 有些非处方药会敦促使用者先跟医师查核一下此药物是否适用于你的病情)

14. check your spelling, to
定义: 检查你的拼字.
例句: If you don't check your spelling, whoever reads your work may become bored or frustrated if they can't understand your words. (如果你不检查你的拼字, 不论谁读你的写作都会感到厌烦或无奈如果他们无法看懂你的话)

15. checked out, be
定义: 查出没问题.
例句: Under no circumstances are you to put the propellers on the motors until everything is checked out and tested to be working properly. (在每个部分都查出和测试出工作正常之前, 无论如何你都不可以把螺旋桨放在发动机上)

16. checkered career, a
定义: 好坏参半的生涯.
例句: His checkered career may ruin his chance of being elected. (他的好坏参半的生涯可能会破坏他当选的机会)

17. checkered past/history, a
定义: 曾经失败, 充满波折的历史.
例句: When it comes to labor relations, the company has a somewhat checkered history. (当提到劳资关系, 这家公司曾经发生过劳资关系问题)

18. checking account, a
定义: [银行术语]支票帐户.
例句: My bank just sent me a letter about my free checking account. There will be a $6 monthly fee unless I make five debit card purchases a month. (我的银行刚寄给我一封有关我免费支票帐户的信.除非我每个月使用金额卡购买五次, 他们将要收取六块钱月费)

19. checkmate, to
定义: 将某人一军. 完全的阻止, 击破, 挫折并使人没退路.
例句: Kuwait was in a checkmate position when Iraq massed troops on her border. (当伊拉克部队集结在她的边境, 科威特面临一个没退路的困境)

20. checkout counter, to
定义: 收银台.
例句: There is a long line at the checkout counter full of frowning people; forty percent off is a poor consolation prize for a social scene. (收银台那边有条站满不耐烦人们的长龙; 打六折对一个群众聚集的场面是个不幸的安慰奖)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 27 访客