royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 207

帖子 royl » 周五 10月 14, 2011 9:51 pm

二十笔实用成语 207

01. cherry-pick, to
定义: 挑选最好的...
例句: The elite colleges always get to cherry pick the best, leaving lesser ranked colleges with less talented students. (这些菁英大学永远能够挑选最好的学生, 让评级较低的大学去招收才能较低的学生)

02. chess match, a
定义: 棋赛, 斗智比赛.
例句: He uses his wits like playing a chess match and his nemeses matches him move-for-move. (他使用像棋赛般的心智, 他的对手却兵来将挡, 跟他不相上下)

03. chest-thumping
定义: 击胸; 傲慢自大与自我宣示的表示.
例句: Tax policy experts predicts lots of political chest-thumping and growling from Washington, but no substantive legislation. (税务政策专家预测华盛顿会有许多政治性的击胸和咆哮, 但不会有实质的立法)

04. chew it over, to
定义: (行动前)静下来审慎思考.
例句: Chew it over for a while before you decide it. (在你决定这件事之前, 好好地静下来思考一下)

05. chew off, to
定义: 咬掉.
例句: The dog chewed the doll's eyes off. (这只狗把这个玩具娃娃的眼睛咬掉)

06. chew on a bone, to
定义: 深思, 仔细思考.
例句: I've been chewing on a bone for the last few hours making hard decisions. (我刚才花了几个钟头一直在仔细思考并做了一些艰难的决定)

07. chew on, to
定义: 深思, 仔细思考.
例句: While my answer may not be sufficient for some, it will give you something to chew on. (尽管我的答案还不能够让某些人满意, 它会提供你一些资料去仔细思考)

08. chew out, to
定义: 大声严厉斥责.
例句: My boss got chewed out by the owner today. ​​My boss had m​​e ship a product last week, giving me no special instructions at all. (今天, 我的上司被公司老板严厉斥责. 上星期我的上司要我寄出一份产品, 但他根本没给我详细指示)

09. chew over, to
例句: John chewed the problem over, making plans, finding flaws, tossing them out, starting over. (约翰审慎思考这个问题, 拟定计划, 找出缺点, 将它们弃而不用, 从头再来一遍)

10. chew someone's ass out, to
定义: 尖锐的责骂某人.
例句: Tom's father was really angry when Tom didn't come home until 3:00 AM. He chewed Tom out and then said Tom was grounded for two weeks. (汤姆父亲非常生气因为汤姆到清晨三点钟才回家.他把汤姆痛斥一顿, 然后罚汤姆禁足两个星期)

11. chew the cud, to
例句: He sat there chewing the cud all morning. (他整个早上坐在那儿静下来思考)

12. chew the fat, to
定义: 友善轻松地聊天.
例句: Last night, we were chewing the fat, telling stories about the old days. (昨晚, 我们在闲聊, 讲述过去的往事)

13. chew the rag, to
定义: 友善轻松地聊天.
例句: I'll go and get the wine while you two relax and chew the rag. (我去拿葡萄酒, 同时你们两人轻松下来, 聊聊天)

14. chew up, to
定义: 咬坏, 弄坏, 摧毁, 击败.
例句: It turns out my wheel well liners became loose and was smacking between my wheel and my fender and then got all chewed up. (结果是我的轮窝挡板松掉了, 敲击我的轮胎和挡泥板,然后它全部被打坏掉)

图片
道奇公羊1500卡车的轮窝和挡板

15. chew you up and spit you out, to
定义: 迎头痛击, 打的落花流水, 整得死去活来.
例句: When you graduate from law school, the legal practice is waiting to swallow you up, and if you're not prepared, it could chew you up and spit you out. (当你法学院毕业后, 法律事务在等着吞噬你; 如果你没准备好的话, 它会整得你死去活来)

16. chewing nails and spitting tacks, be
定义: 怒不可遏, 大发脾气.
例句: My boss will be chewing nails and spitting tacks if I don't deliver your order to you today. ​​(如果今天我不交付你订的货, 我上司将会大发脾气)

17. chick flick, a
定义: [俚语有讥讽之意]吸引女性观众的电影. (注: 有讥讽为要赚女人眼泪之意)
例句: Steel Magnolias is a chick flick about life in the southern US. (钢木兰花是一部有关美国南方生活的吸引女性观众的电影)

18. chick, a
定义: [俚语有不敬之意]女孩或年轻女子.
例句: Kelly is a cute chick with the young and nubile look. She shows off her dancer's body in various skimpy outfits. (凯莉是一个外表年青, 性感, 美丽可爱的女孩. 她穿着不同的暴露服装炫耀她舞者的身材)

19. chicken feed, a
定义: 小钱, 小量.
例句: Don't worry about a few dollars for books. It's chicken feed. (别在乎买书的几块钱. 这是小钱)

20. chicken in every pot, a
定义: [政治承诺语]每家有鸡吃, 家家有足够食物, 家家温饱, 不至挨饿.
例句: No one will be hungry if there's a chicken in every pot. (如果家家有足够食物的话, 就没有人会挨饿了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 58 访客