royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 211

帖子 royl » 周三 10月 19, 2011 1:16 pm

二十笔实用成语 211

01. chop up, to
定义: 切碎, 剁碎.
例句: She chopped up the nuts and added them to the cookie dough. (她剁碎这些坚果, 再把它们掺入甜饼干的生面团里)

02. Chop-chop!
定义: [惊叹语]快一点! 赶快!
例句: Let's go! Chop-chop! (我们走! 快点!)

03. chopped liver, a
定义: [俚语]不值得考虑的无名小卒或琐碎小事.
例句: "Wow, she's gorgeous!" "And what am I…chopped liver?" ("哇, 她好漂亮!" "那我是什么人…丑八怪吗?")

04. chopper
定义: [俚语]直升机. (注: chopper是helicopter的缩写)
例句: He has been doing traffic reports on and off for many years and is seen every morning reporting from the chopper on Channel 7. (他多年来一直断断续续地报导交通状况, 每天早上在第七频道看到他从直升机上报导交通)

05. chortle with delight/glee/mirth, to
定义: 欢喜地哈哈大笑.
例句: Sally chortled with glee at the thought of Kenny slipping on the ice. (想到肯尼在冰上滑倒的好玩样子, 莎莉欢喜地哈哈大笑)

06. chosen by lot, be
定义: 抽签决定, 抽签选中.
例句: The judge presiding in the arraignment hearing shall be chosen by lot and shall serve for a period of two weeks. (主持正式对被告提起公诉的申辩法官将会由抽签决定, 他将履行为期两星期的职务)

07. chosen few, the
定义: 精选的少数.
例句: Today, we're going through the profiles of what I'm calling "The Chosen Few"—the 12 jurors and 5 alternates. (今天, 我们将审查我们所称的"精选的少数"的简历—也就是十二名陪审员和五名候补者. 注: 之所以称为精选的少数, 这十七个陪审员经常是从一百五十名后选人所选出的)

08. chow
定义: 食物.
例句: I'm starving! Let's grab some chow. (我肚子好饿! 我们快点吃个便餐吧)

09. chow down, to
定义: 大吃大喝, 吃饭.
例句: He was so starved he chowed down on everything in sight, from steaks to desserts. (他饿极了, 所以他大块朵颐地把桌上的所有的食物, 从牛排到甜点, 吃个干净)

10. chow line, a
定义: 进餐行列, 吃饭的人(例如在自助餐厅内)所排的队.
例句: Joining the chow line, John picked up some pancakes, syrup and bacon, then sat down to breakfast with the crew. (加入了进餐行列之后, 约翰拿了几片松饼, 糖浆, 培根, 然后坐下来跟员工一起吃早餐)

11. chow mein
定义: (美式中餐)炒面.
例句: In American Chinese cuisine, chow mein is a stir-fried dish consisting of noodles, meat, onions and celery. (美式中餐里, 炒面是一种大火炒的食物包括面条, 肉类, 洋葱和洋芹)

12. chowderhead, a
定义: [不尊重语]傻瓜, 笨蛋.
例句: Any chowderhead could have told you the answer. (任何一个笨蛋都能告诉你这个答案)

13. Christmas graduate, a
定义: 圣诞节(秋季学期)大学毕业生.
例句: It's a good idea to figure out how the academic system works so that you don't end up as a Christmas graduate. (弄清楚这个学院教育系统的运作以便你避免成为秋季毕业生是个好主意)

14. chuck a wobbly, to
定义: [澳洲俚语]大发雷霆, 火冒三丈.
例句: I don't have to tell you anything, leave now, before I chuck a wobbly. (我没必要告诉你任何事情, 在我火冒三丈之前, 你马上离开)

15. chuck it in, to
定义: 放弃.
例句: He grew tired of his job and decided to just chuck it in. (他对他的工作感到厌倦, 他决定辞职)

16. chuck it, to
定义: [命令语]停止!
例句: It's time that children realized that they can and should be told to chuck it and behave by their teacher. (这些儿童早该了解到他们的老师能够和应该告诉他们停止吵闹和遵守校规)

17. chuck out, to
定义: 把某人赶出去, 把某物丢弃掉.
例句: He was chucked out of the bar for being too noisy. (他因为太吵闹被赶出这家酒吧)

18. chuck up the sponge, to
定义: 放弃希望, 认输.
例句: Don't give up now! It's too soon to chuck up the sponge. (别气馁! 现在认输还太早)

19. chucklehead, a
定义: [不尊重语]愚蠢粗鲁之人.
例句: Who was the chucklehead who came up with this idea? (是哪一个白痴想出这个笨主意?)

20. chug along, to
定义: 逐渐稳定地取得进展.
例句: The Canadian economy is chugging along but not at full steam. (虽然不是势头强劲, 加拿大的经济仍然稳健前进)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 316 访客