royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 216

帖子 royl » 周二 10月 25, 2011 11:28 am

二十笔实用成语 216

01. clear as mud, be (as)
定义: 听不懂的, 混乱浑浊的.
例句: Mr. Lee explained the formula. Then he said, "Clear as mud, eh?" (李先生解释了这个公式. 然后他说, "听得迷迷糊糊吧?")

02. clear off, to
定义: 清除, 匆匆离开, 摆脱.
例句: Clear the mess off your kitchen counters, pick up whatever is lying on the floor, and organize your room. (清除你厨房柜台上的杂乱东西, 拾掇散在地板上的东西, 还有把你自己的房间整理好)

03. clear one's head/mind, to
定义: 使头脑清醒.
例句: After a long argument I need time to clear my head and to become calm. (经过长时间的辩论之后, 我需要时间让自己头脑清醒以及让自己平静下来)

04. clear one's name, to
定义: 洗刷自己的污名, 证明自己是清白的.
例句: I am writing you and forwarding the attached documents in order to clear my name. (我写信给你并转交这份附上文件为得是洗刷我的污名)

05. clear one's throat, to
定义: 清嗓子, 清喉咙.
例句: We've just got back from holiday and whilst away my 4-year old daughter started constantly clearing her throat, and is still doing it. (我们刚从渡假回来, 在假期中我四岁女儿开始不停地清喉咙, 到现在她还是这样)

06. clear out, to
定义: 离开; 驱逐出; 清仓或低价出售; 骗光或偷光.
例句: She fell for the scheme and was cleaned out by the crooks. (她上了这个大当, 她所有的钱都被这些骗子骗光)

07. clear sailing, a
定义: 轻松顺利的进展.
例句: This is truly a no-brainer, but don't think for a minute that it will be clear sailing to get this done. (这件事确实是容易解决, 不过别以为你会轻松顺利地做好它)

08. clear the air/atmosphere, to
定义: 消除敌意, 紧张气氛, 混乱或不确定的因素.
例句: It hasn't yet cleared the air, leaving us at risk for a more virulent sequel—the dreaded storm scenario that we're familiar with in New England. (这些不确定因素还没有消除, 让我们面临一个更严酷随之而来的危机—一个我们在新英格兰地区熟悉的令人生畏的风暴局面)

09. clear the decks, to
定义: 把东西清理好, 全面准备行动.
例句: Let's clear the decks and get everyone out of the house so we can begin work. (让我们把房子里的东西清理好, 然后把大家请出去, 这样我们才可以开始工作)

10. clear the way, to
定义: 清除障碍, 清出空间, 让某事能顺利发生或取得进展.
例句: The US Supreme Court cleared the way for Chrysler to exit bankruptcy court, lifting a stay on its proposed sale to a group including Fiat SpA. (美国最高法院清除了克莱斯勒退出破产法庭的障碍, 解除了它所提议的出售给一个集团的禁令, 这个集团包括飞雅特汽车集团)

11. clear up, to
定义: 说明, 解释, 解答; 回到正常的情况, 治愈; 雨过天晴; 离开, 退离.
例句: Jenny's fever finally cleared up this weekend, so she was able to move back into her previous room. (这个周末, 珍妮的高烧终于退下来, 因此她能够搬回到她原先的房间)

12. clearance sale, a
定义: 清仓特价廉售. (注: 把放久的旧货品廉价卖出并刺激客人买其他货品)
例句: L&L's is hosting a clearance sale with prices starting at $0.99. Keep in mind that shipping is a flat rate of $5, or free with orders over $75. (L&L公司正在举办起价为九十九分钱的清仓廉售. 记住, 运费一律收取五美元, 如果你的订购超过七十五美元则免收运费)

13. clear-cut
定义: [形容词]清晰明确的.
例句: The coaches were disorganized and never made a clear-cut decision on what they wanted to do. (这些教练毫无章法, 从不做出他们想要做什么的清晰明确决定)

14. clearinghouse, a
定义: 票据交换所; 消息或资讯服务中心.
例句: This is an online clearinghouse of college programs and admissions information serving first-generation, low-income, and minority students. (这是一个网上资讯服务中心, 提供给第一代, 低收入, 和少数民族学生的大学课程以及入学资料)

15. cleave to, to
定义: 紧凑着; 坚持.
例句: Sixteen years later, Gandhi asked his followers to forget him on his passing, to "cleave not to my name but cleave to the principles." (十六年之后, 甘地针对他的死亡要求他的追随者忘掉他, "不要坚持我的名声而要坚持这些原则.")

16. cleft lip
定义: 唇裂; 新生儿先天性畸形又称兔唇.
例句: We all start out life with a cleft lip and palate. During normal fetal development between the 6th and 11th week of pregnancy, the clefts in the lip and palate fuse together. (我们生命初期都带有唇裂与颚裂, 在正常胎儿成长的第六至第十一周的怀孕期间, 唇裂与颚裂进行愈合)

图片
不完全单侧唇裂
图片
完全单侧唇裂
图片
完全双侧唇裂

17. cleft palate
定义: 颚裂; 新生儿先天性畸形在口腔顶部未能愈合而遗留裂隙.
例句: Cleft lip and cleft palate are birth defects that affect the upper lip and roof of the mouth. (唇裂与颚裂是先天性畸形, 影响部位为上唇及上腔)

图片
不完全颚裂
图片
完全单侧唇腭裂
图片
完全双侧唇腭裂

18. clever chat-up line, a
定义: [英国](跟秀丽可人女性)巧妙的搭讪开头语.
例句: A truly clever chat up line might break the ice, might make her smile, but it's not enough on its own. (一个真诚地巧妙的搭讪开头语也许会打破沉默, 也许会让她觉得有趣, 不过单凭这招是不够的)

19. clever Dick, a
定义: 喜欢卖弄自己知识者, 自己为聪明的人.
例句: If you're such a clever dick, you finish the crossword puzzle. (如果你觉得你聪明的话, 你来填完这个纵横字谜游戏)

20. clever pickup line, a
定义: (跟秀丽可人女性)巧妙的搭讪开头语.
例句: Hi, I hope you don't mind, but I don't have a clever pickup line. I just wanted to come over and say hello. (嗨, 我希望你别介意, 不过我没有一个巧妙的搭讪开头语. 我只是想要过来跟妳打个招呼)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客