royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 220

帖子 royl » 周六 10月 29, 2011 7:48 pm

二十笔实用成语 220

01. close to one percent
定义: 将近百分之一.
例句: With autism affecting close to one percent of children in the US, the urgency to find some sort of explanation for the disorder has never been greater. (由于将近百分之一的美国儿童受到自闭症侵袭, 寻找这个疾病某种原因的紧迫性从来没有如此巨大)

02. close to one's heart, be
定义: 珍爱的, 珍重的, 珍惜的.
例句: She never dreamed that her employer would launch a nationwide fundraising effort for a cause that is very close to her heart—finding a cure for cystic fibrosis. (她想都没想到她的雇主会为了她一个珍爱的义举发动全国性的募款努力—用来寻求囊肿纤维症的治愈方法)

03. close to the bone
定义: 过于诚实, 过于露骨, 容易伤害或震惊别人.
例句: He said he was only joking, but his comments were so close to the bone they weren't funny at all. (他说他只是开个玩笑, 但他的这句过于露骨伤人的话, 一点都不好笑)

04. close to the mark/near the mark
定义: 相当准确, 更正确一点.
例句: He says he can't find a job, but I think it would be closer to the mark to say he doesn't want to work. (他说他找不到工作, 但我认为更正确一点地说是他不想工作)

05. close to the vest
定义: 保留, 不轻易泄露或谨慎.
例句: You'll see that she has a lot more on him than he has on her, though she plays it close to the vest. (尽管她对她自己实力多有保留, 你还是会看得到她的优势比他的优势要多出许多)

06. close to you as white on rice, be (as)
定义: 亲近的, 贴身的, 紧追不舍的, 紧迫钉人的.
例句: Some people smile to your face, and act like they are close to you as white on rice, then make fun of you behind your back. (有些人在你面前跟你友善, 表现出他们跟你很亲密, 然后在你背后取笑你)

07. close up, to
定义: 关闭; 暂时或永久地关门, 打烊; 接近; 完全康复/治愈; 闭口不谈; 使靠拢.
例句: Rather than closing up shop entirely, the company laid off half of its workers. (与其完全关门大吉, 这家公司选择了裁撤他们一半的职工)

08. closed book to one, be a
定义: 一窍不通/一点都不了解的人, 事或物.
例句: I never really caught on to algebra, and high-school trigonometry remains a closed book to me. (我一直不理解代数, 还有我仍然对高中三角函数一窍不通)

09. closefisted, be
定义: [形容词]小气的, 不肯花钱的, 抠门的.
例句: I have a closefisted mom, she is not willing to buy me any expensive things, even when I ask her, she will give me many reasons but won't buy it. (我有个小气的老妈, 她不愿意帮我买任何昂贵的东西, 即使我要求她买, 她会给我许多理由但总归还是不买它)

10. close-knit, be
定义: [形容词]忧戚与共的, 紧密的, 组织严密的.
例句: Nothing but love can create a close-knit family that all of us wish we had, but sometimes it's necessary that we take pains to show our love and care. (只有爱才能产生一个我们都希望拥有的忧戚与共家庭, 但是有时候我们必须要尽力地付出出我们的爱与关怀)

11. closely guarded secret, a
定义: 严守的机密.
例句: For the first time, a few dru​​g companies began disclosing how much they pay doctors for speaking about their products, and this has been a closely guarded secret. (这是第一次少数几家制药公司开始披露他们付出多少钱请医师谈论他们的产品, 这一直是个严守的机密)

12. closely held company, a
定义: 少数人控股公司. (注: 意指大多数的股票及投票权控制在少数人手里)
例句: He expects the closely held company to almost double its number of branches to 300 by the middle of 2005, from 175. (他估计这家少数人控股公司将于二零零五年中期之前把它的分公司数量从一百七十五家双倍成长至三百家)

13. closeout sale, a
定义: 清仓廉售. 把剩余的货品廉价卖出.
例句: To kick off the season, Amazon is having a closeout sale on select athletic brands, with items up to 60% off. (为了展开一个新一轮的促销活动, 亚马逊公司正在举办一个精选的运动品牌清仓廉售, 包括一些高达打四折的商品)

14. close-run thing, a
定义: 势均力敌比赛; 险胜; 侥幸脱险.
例句: The Falklands war was a close run thing. The British victory didn't come easily or cheaply. (福克兰群岛战争是个险胜. 英国艰辛地, 也付出相当代价地取得这个胜利. 注: 福克兰群岛战争是一九八二年阿根廷与英国争夺有争议性的福克兰群岛所引发的战争)

15. close-up, a
定义: [摄影术语]近距离特写镜头.
例句: She is a very pretty girl until you get a close-up of her face. (直到你取得近距离特写之前, 她是一个非常美丽的女郎. 注: 这里的until 意思是up to the point that, 也就是直到...之前)

16. cloud of dust, a
定义: 一团尘云.
例句: The fights are shown as a cloud of dust with fists and feet sticking out at random; two men later appear with injuries or bandages. (这些打斗看起来出有如一团尘云的拳打脚踢; 两人后来都包着绷带受伤地露面)

17. cloud of suspicion hangs over someone, a
定义: 疑云笼罩在某人头上, 受别人怀疑或不信任.
例句: The crux of the matter is that a cloud of suspicion is hanging over the judiciary and this must be dispelled without further ado. (这个问题的关键是司法系统不受到信任, 这个疑虑必须要尽快地消除)

18. cloud on the horizo​​n
定义: 有可能未来出现的问题或忧虑.
例句: The only cloud on the horizo​​n is the potential impact of further shocks to the global economic system from rising oil prices and global terrorism. (唯一未来的忧虑是由于逐渐攀升的油价和全球性恐怖主义所造成的进一步震荡产生的潜在冲击)

19. cloud over, to
定义: 乌云笼罩, 朦胧不清; 郁抑忧愁.
例句: My vision seemed to cloud over, and I could see very little. (我的视觉似乎朦胧不清, 我根本看不清楚)

20. cloud up, to
定义: 乌云笼罩, 朦胧不清; 郁抑忧愁.
例句: The sun would be out, then it would cloud up and rain. Then the sun would come out again. (太阳将会消失, 然后天气将会变为乌云笼罩和下雨. 之后太阳又出现)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 54 访客