royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 221

帖子 royl » 周一 10月 31, 2011 12:20 am

二十笔实用成语 221

01. clucking and bucking with the other hens, be
定义: [不尊重语]一群唧唧喳喳说话的女人.
例句: While the rest of you are clucking and bucking with the other hens about his statistics, he just calls it like it is. His accuracy is proven. (尽管你们其他的人唧唧喳喳地议论他的统计, 他只是实话实说而已. 他的准确性早已被证实)

02. clue in, to
定义: 提供线索, 提示, 告知.
例句: The public should be clued in to what's happening. (社会大众应该被告知发生的事件)

03. clue someone in about/on something, to
定义: 供给某人提示一些相关资料, 消息或知识.
例句: He'll clue you in on what you should do next should you need him. (如果你需要他的话, 他会提供你下一步该怎么做的资料)

04. clue someone up about/on something, to
定义: 供给某人提示一些相关资料, 消息或知识.
例句: Now that we're all up to speed on what's what, it only remains for me to clue you up on who's who. (既然我们都已经取得事情真相的最新消息, 只剩下的是由我来提供你相关的名人简历资料)

05. clue up, to
定义: 提供线索, 提示, 告知.
例句: "How do you get clued up?" "You watch and listen, man." ("你怎么得知这件事的?" "你多方观察和四处打听嘛, 伙计.")

06. clueless, be
定义: 茫然不知的, 困惑不解的, 没有察觉到(身陷危险还不知道).
例句: When I don't know the answer, I try not to look clueless. (当我不知道答案的时候, 我尽量避免露出茫然不知的样子)

07. clunker, a
定义: [俚语]老旧机器(特指汽车).
例句: I just got a good deal on a clunker. I'm going to fix it up first. It's still economical for me because I don't drive very much. (我刚买了一部便宜的老爷车. 我先要把它修缮一翻. 由于我很少开车, 这对我来说还是划算的)

08. cluster bomb, a
定义: (空投的)子母炸弹或集束炸弹.
例句: A new global treaty banning cluster bombs enters into force, hailed by campaigners as the most important treaty in 10 years. (被推动者颂赞为十年来最重要的条约, 一个崭新的全球禁止使用集束炸弹的条约正式生效)

09. clutch at straws, to
定义: 临危抓稻草救命, 把死马当活马医.
例句: Everything that was going to be leaked has been leaked, and now they are clutching at straws to keep the hype alive. (所有该被泄露出去的消息都已经被泄露出去了, 现在他们只有把死马当活马医地来维持这个宣传炒作不冷场下来)

10. clutch hitter, a
定义: [棒球术语]主力打者或关键打击者.
例句: He's living in the moment, enjoying his newfound status as a clutch hitter after delivering back-to-back walk-off hits last week against Cleveland. (由于上星期跟克里夫兰比赛作为关键打击者打出一个再见全垒打, 他还在活在这个光荣的一刻, 享受着他新取得的地位)

11. clutter up, to
定义: 凌乱充斥着.
例句: In addition to street signs cluttering up a picturesque view, city officials have found that excessive signage impedes driver safety. (除了街上商业广告牌凌乱充斥着风景如画的街景, 市政府官员也发现到过量的交通告示牌妨碍驾驶人的行车安全)

12. cluttered mind, a
定义: 一片混乱的脑海.
例句: "If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?"–Albert Einstein. ("如果一片狼藉的办公桌是个一片混乱脑海的象征的话, 那么一片空白的办公桌象征什么呢?" –阿尔伯特•爱因斯坦)

13. clutz/klutz, a
定义: [俚语]笨拙的人.
例句: This is the klutz who speaks for the Republican House of Representatives and who pretends to know more than the body of atmospheric scientists. (就是这个笨蛋替共和党众议员代言, 他还自认为比一群大气科学家还懂得多)

14. C-note, a
定义: 一百元美钞.
例句: Of course, Verizon doesn't offer the iPhone 3GS, so any iPhone cravers not willing to pony up a couple of C-notes will be going to the AT&T store. (当然, Verizon电话公司不提供iPhone 3GS手机, 所以任何不愿意多付两百块钱的iPhone手机发烧友自然会去AT&T商店开户)

15. coach dog, a
定义: 大麦町狗.
例句: During the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries, the Dalmatians are trained to run along side women's carriages and thus known as Coach dogs or Ladies dogs. (在十七, 十八以及十九世纪期间, 大麦町狗被训练跟随着女士马车的旁边奔跑, 因此又称为马车犬或女士犬)

16. coast is clear, the
定义: 危险已过; 没有人会看到你.
例句: There is no visible danger at the moment. I'm going to stay hidden here until the coast is clear anyway. (此刻没有明显的危险. 但我还是要藏匿在这里直到没有危险为止)

17. coast-to-coast
定义: [形容词]全国或整个大陆的.
例句: A 747-400 is around 5% more efficient on a coast-to-coast flight and up to maybe 10% more efficient on a transpacific flight. (一架波音747-400客机的跨越整个大陆飞行大约是百分之五更省油, 它的跨越太平洋飞行也许高达百分之十更省油)

18. coat check, a
定义: 议会厅旁私人休息室; 寄放衣帽间. (注: 意指餐厅或戏院供给客户寄放衣帽的房间)
例句: He woos a coat-check girl named Billie, who stays by his side no matter what even when she learns that he is a marked man. (他追求一个名为比莉的管理寄放衣帽间的女郎, 这个女郎不顾一切地伴随着他尽管她知道他是一个不可信赖的男人)

19. coat of arms
定义: 军服袖肩徽章; 盾形徽章; 象征性的徽章.
例句: Some scholars have noted that a myth arose that the first legendary Emperor of China, Huangdi used a snake for his coat of arms. (有些学者注意到一个出现的神话, 传奇的第一位中国皇帝, 黄帝, 使用一条蛇作为他盾徽的象征)

20. coated with, be
定义: 全面包着.
例句: You can dip the biscuit sticks in the melted chocolate one at a time, making sure at least half the stick is coated with chocolate. (你可以一条接一条把饼干棒浸入融化的巧克力酱, 务必要确定起码半条饼干棒包裹着巧克力)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 81 访客