royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 222

帖子 royl » 周二 11月 01, 2011 10:08 am

二十笔实用成语 222

01. cobble together/up, to
定义: 粗糙地或匆促地拼凑起来.
例句: The plan was hurriedly cobbled together in response to growing local and international criticism and without consultations with the victims. (为了应付不断增加的国内与国际批评, 这个计划事先不咨询受害者就被匆促地拼凑出来)

02. cock a snook, to
定义: 表达蔑视及挑衅之意.
例句: Scholars were cocking a snook at the theory until recent scientific developments proved it possible. (直到最近的科学发展证明它是有可能的之前, 学者们对这个理论一直表示蔑视)

03. cock an/your ear, to
定义: 侧耳仔细聆听.
例句: Every five minutes, he interrupted the conversation by holding up his hand, cocking his ear to the side, and saying "Hold on a minute." (他每隔五分钟就举手打断这个谈话, 侧耳仔细聆听, 然后说"等一下.")

04. cock an/your eye, to
定义: 侧目仔细注意; 翘眉做不解状; 跟人使眼色.
例句: I first met my wife in a crowded room, our eyes met and I cocked an eye at her, she cocked an eye at me. We just stood there looking at each other. (我第一次跟我太太相遇是在一个拥挤的场合, 我们四目相接, 我侧目看她, 她也侧目看我. 我们就站在那儿互相对看)

05. cock in the henhouse, a
定义: 身处周遭都是女性的男子.
例句: When John was hired, he's like a cock in the henhouse. Those girls all tr​​y to find out why he was hired. (当约翰被雇用的时候. 他就像一个周遭都是女性的男子. 那些女孩都想知道他为什么被录用)

06. cock of the walk, the
定义: 对周遭人群颐指气使的人.
例句: Ever since his promotion, Tom thinks he's the cock of the walk around here. (自从他受到升迁之后, 汤姆对周遭人群颐指气使)

07. cock up, to
定义: [英国]搞得一团糟, 笨拙地失败.
例句: If you have cocked up terribly on some job, always pretend you weren't involved. (如果你把某个工作搞得一团糟, 永远装出你不曾参与这个工作的样子)

08. cock-a-hoop
定义: [形容词]得意忘形的; 欣喜若狂的; 乱成一团的.
例句: Jenny was so cock-a-hoop over it that she couldn't wait to tell her mom about the good news. (珍妮对这件事欣喜若狂, 她迫不及待地想要告诉她母亲这个好消息)

09. cockamamie/cockamamy
定义: 无聊的, 荒唐的(说辞或理由).
例句: I know that putting an end to auto racing is a cockamamie idea. However, something needs to be done about the safety of these drivers. (我知道废除赛车是个荒唐想法. 但总要想办法解决这些赛车手的安全问题)

10. cock-and-bull story, a
定义: 无稽之谈, 荒诞的故事.
例句: Tom and I had a date for Saturday, but he never came to get me. Now he just told me a cock-and-bull story about thinking that our date was on Sunday. ​​(汤姆跟我本来要星期六约会,但他没来接我. 现在他却给我一个荒诞的借口说他以为约会是约在星期天)

11. cockeyed scheme, a
定义: 漏洞百出的, 荒谬愚蠢的计划或想法.
例句: The proposed plan to help road accident victims is nothing less than a jaywalkers' charter. Only Great Britain could think up such a cockeyed scheme. (这个被提出的协助道路车祸受害者的计划不过是一个给予非法过街者的许可证.只有英国才会想得出这个荒谬愚蠢的计划)

12. cocksure, be
定义: 自信满满的, 信心十足的.
例句: There was something about the way he walked into the courtroom, flashing a cocksure smile, telling the judge he would pay his own legal bills. (不知道他为什么以这个态度走进法庭, 亮出自信满满的微笑,告诉法官他会付他自己的诉讼账单)

13. cocktail of drugs, a
定义: 数种混合的药物.
例句: The man involved in the car accident had taken a cocktail of drugs. (这个涉嫌这件车祸的人曾服用数种混合的药物)

14. cocky, be
定义: [形容词]骄傲的, 太过自信的, 自大的.
例句: "Why is Tom acting so cocky?" "He won the Frisbee Contest." ("为什么汤姆怎么这么自大?" "因为他赢了飞盘比赛.")

15. cocoon, to
定义: 待在家里, 足不出户.
例句: I don't want to go out tonight. We feel like cocooning. (我今晚不想出去. 我想要待在家里)

16. COD
定义: 货到付款; 货送到家再付现款. (注: COD是cash on delivery的缩写)
例句: I decided to send away for some video cassettes and the company said that they would send them to me COD. (我决定要函购一些录影带, 这家公司说他们将会把货送到我家再付现款)

17. coddle up, to
定义: 纵溺, 溺爱; 讨好, 奉承.
例句: One day he's bashing business and the next day he's coddling up to them. We're not the enemy but sometimes we have been treated like the enemy. (一天他在抨击企业而隔一天他却讨好企业. 我们并不是敌人但有时候我们被当成敌人对待)

18. code name, a
定义: 秘密代号.
例句: In industry, a developing product is sometimes given a code name to conceal its probable marketing name. (在工业界里, 一个正在开发的产品有时候被给予一个秘密代号来掩护它的很可能销售产品名称)

19. code of conduct, the
定义: 一个团体(例如军队, 公司)的行为自律守则.
例句: A student who accepts responsibility for violating the Code of Conduct in a pre-hearing waives the right to appeal. (如果一个学生在听证预备会上接受了违反行为自律守则的责任, 他放弃了上诉的权利)

20. code of honor, the
定义: 一个社团或社区的荣誉行为的准则.
例句: You are encouraged to help other members of the community abide by the Code of Honor by politely referencing the Code when deemed necessary. (欢迎你在觉得有必要的时候礼貌地提出荣誉行为准则来协助其他的社团成员一起遵守准则)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 93 访客