royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 226

帖子 royl » 周日 11月 06, 2011 6:26 pm

二十笔实用成语 226

01. colored person, a
定义: 非白种人, 有色人种, 黑人.
例句: I don't mind being referred to as a person of color or a colored person. But really, I prefer being called by name. (我不在乎被人称为有色人种. 不过事实上, 我比较喜欢被人以姓名称呼)

02. comb out, to
定义: 梳理, 排除, 拣选.
例句: I took a shower and then I combed the knots out of my wet hair before blow-drying it. (我洗了一个淋浴, 然后我梳理我打结的湿头发再把它吹干)

03. combat infections, to
定义: (身体)防止/抗拒疾病或感染.
例句: Using antibiotics is the most common way of combating infections and overuse of them have contributed to the emergence of antibacterial-resistant bacteria. (服用抗生素是最常见的抵抗感染方法, 滥用这些药剂已经导致对抗生素具有抵抗力细菌的出现)

04. combat veteran, a
定义: 作战经验丰富的军人, 作战退伍老兵.
例句: Only in America can a homeless combat veteran live in a cardboard box whilst a draft dodger lives in the White House. (只有在美国才会发生作战退伍老兵住在纸板箱里而一个逃避兵役者却住在白宫的情形)

05. combine forces, to
定义: 携手合作, 结合力量, 会师.
例句: We are combining forces to boost China's advanced biofuel industry. (我们携手合作共同来提升中国先进的生物燃料工业)

06. combo, a
定义: 组合, 合并, 小型乐团. (注: combo是combination的缩写​​)
例句: I'd recommend hot and spicy seafood combo to anyone. It's a nice mix of shrimp, squid and peppers in a slightly sweet sauce that had a nice kick. (我推荐酸辣海鲜锅给大家. 这是一个虾仁,墨鱼和辣椒掺上稍甜酱汁的组合给人一个刺激感)

07. come a cropper, to
定义: 高处摔下来; 完全失败.
例句: The radio announcer really came a cropper when he made a racist remark. He lost his job and now he can't get another one. (这个电台播音员说了一句种族歧视的话之后他真的完蛋了. 他丢了他的工作, 到现在也找不着另一个工作)

08. come a long way, to
定义: 取得巨大的进步.
例句: Traditional Chinese medicine has come a long way. Many Western medicine clinics are integrating acupuncture into their practices. (传统中国医药取得巨大的进展. 许多西方医疗诊所把针灸合并入他们的业务之一)

09. come about, to
定义: 发生; 改变方向; 改变航向.
例句: I don't know how it came about that we stopped talking to each other. (我都不记得当初为了什么事情造成我们互相不往来)

10. come across some heated discussions, to
定义: 不期碰到热烈激动的讨论.
例句: Occasionally, you come across some heated discussions with very different points of view on topics. Don't take anything personally. (有时候, 你会在一些话题上碰到激烈辩论以及极不相同的观点. 这不是针对你, 别把它放在心上)

11. come across with, to
定义: 给予(尤其金钱)被要求的供给.
例句: I bet he has come across with some information that will help the Feds and lighten his sentence load. (我估计他给了联邦官员一些有用的资料才会得到较轻的判刑)

12. come across, to
定义: 供应需要, 付款; 造成某个印像; 不经意发现到; 接通通讯.
例句: She says she was trying to be helpful, but that's not what came across when I talked to her. (她说她想要帮忙, 但当我跟她谈话时我印象上并不感觉她真想帮忙)

13. come adrift, to
定义: 随波逐流, 松脱, 渐行渐远, 走题.
例句: It looks like the sprocket nut has come adrift; not many mechanics today will know they need around 60ft lbs of torque to tighten them up. (看样子这个齿轮上的螺帽松脱了; 现在没有多少修车师傅还知道他们需要以大约六十呎磅的扭力把它们栓紧)

14. come after someone, to
定义: 追捕某人, 向某人寻仇, 追杀某人. (注: 意指追寻某人意图逮捕或报复)
例句: They were going to come after her any minute. But she could get out of this. She had to. She just needed to think. No, she needed to act! (他们打算要追杀她. 不过她可逃过这一劫难. 她必须要逃过这一劫. 她只要好好地思考. 不, 她需要采取行动!)

15. come again, to
定义: 你说什么, 再说一遍. (注: 意指刚才没听清楚)
例句: When I asked Grandpa if he liked the soup, he said, "Come again?" (当我问祖父他要不要来一碗汤的时候, 他说, "再说一遍?")

16. come alive, to
定义: 变得生动活泼, 有活力的.
例句: Your posts have come alive with the photos. They say a picture says a thousand words. (你的帖子有了照片就变得生动活泼. 有人说一张图片胜过千言万语就是这个道理)

17. come along for the ride, to
定义: 凑热闹, 被邀参与活动不担任重要角色; 被邀一起出游.
例句: My husband was traveling in Florida on business and I came along for the ride since I'm off for the summer as a teacher. (由于我是老师暑假不上班, 我先生去佛罗里达州出差洽公, 我跟着一起出游)

18. come along, to
定义: 跟随相伴或同行; 有进展; 出现.
例句: My dad was due for a regular check-up in a few days, and my mom asked me to come along with him. (我父亲几天后又到了定期体检的时候, 我母亲要求我陪伴他一起去)

19. Come and get it!
[成语句型]来吃饭啦! 饭菜已准备好啦!

20. come and go, to
定义: 来了又走, 来来去去, 出现一下又离开等一下又出现. (注: 意指不稳定的特性)
例句: Employees come and go like a revolving door. If you want hours you won't get them, yet they hire more and won't give you the hours. (员工来来去去像个旋转门. 你想要的工作时数他们偏不给你, 他们甚至雇用更多的员工, 就是不给你这个工作时数)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 25 访客