回复
royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 232

帖子 royl » 周六 11月 12, 2011 8:31 pm

二十笔实用成语 232

01. come on, to
定义: 以某程度的进展或开始; 拜托, 请求; 表达惊讶, 不信或发现被人开玩笑; 给予人某个印象; 轻薄/性挑逗.
例句: Come on, Mat, you can do it! You can ride that bull! (加油, 麦特, 你可以做得到的! 你肯定可以骑这条公牛!)

02. Come one, come all.
定义: [邀请语]大家都来.
例句: Come one, come all and join me in wishing Jenny a happy birthday. ​​(大家都来, 跟我一起祝贺珍妮一个快乐生日)

03. come one's way, to
定义: 降临到或发生于某人. (注: 常用于机会或幸运降临某人身上)
例句: Just think about the good things that are coming your way and pretty soon you'll forget about the bad. (只要想到发生在我们身上的好事, 没多久你就会忘掉发生的坏事)

04. come onside, to
定义: 到我们这队来, 加入我们这边; 相信, 同意或支持我们这一方.
例句: We want to persuade Susan to come onside. We want her to join us. (我们想要说服苏珊加入我们这边. 我们想要她成为我们的一员)

05. come out against, to
定义: 公开宣布反对.
例句: The Tea party movement started to emerge when George Bush was in office and they came out against the bank bailouts. (当乔治•布什在任的时候这个茶党运动开始出现, 他们公开反对帮银行纾困)

06. come out ahead, to
定义: 成功, 赚到钱, 占到便宜.
例句: During the last night fight on the forum, challenges were issued, gloves were dropped, cyber fists were thrown, and no one came out ahead. (在昨晚的论战时候, 挑战被发出了, 战斗姿态也摆好了,网路上隔空互相叫骂拳打脚踢, 谁也没占到便宜)

07. come out in favor of, to
定义: 公开宣布支持.
例句: Even if we came out in favor of tax cuts, limited government and an across-the-board abortion ban, they'd take the opposite position. (即使我们公开支持减税, 支持有限政府以及全面性的禁止堕胎, 他们还是会采取反对立场)

08. come out in the wash, to
定义: 会有真相大白的一天; 事情圆满地的结束.
例句: We will soon know who did it. It will all come out in the wash. (我们马上就会知道谁干下这件事了. 事情会有真相大白的一天)

09. come out of my own pocket, to
定义: 由我自己出钱或垫款.
例句: I have worked very hard to get this far and all of the expenses have come out of my own pocket thus far. (我一直努力地工作才取得今天的进展; 到目前为止, 所有的开销都是由我自己垫的钱)

10. come out of nowhere, to
定义: 不晓得从哪里突然地冒出来, 无预警地出现.
例句: There was never a discussion about it — it just came out of nowhere and blindsided me. (这件事从来就没有被讨论过—它不晓得从哪里突然地冒出来, 弄得我措手不及)

11. come out of one's daze, to
定义: 觉醒, 恢复头脑清醒, 走出茫然或发昏的状况.
例句: It took me a solid five minutes to come out of my daze and by that time I was completely drenched. (我花了整整五分钟才恢复清醒, 到了那个时刻我已经全身被汗水浸透)

12. come out of one's ears, to
定义: 大量.
例句: If you plant sixteen tomato plants, you will have tomatoes coming out of your ears by July. (如果你种植十六棵蕃茄幼苗, 到了七月你会收获大量的蕃茄)

13. come out of one's shell, to
定义: 开始与人交往; 不再害羞退​​缩, 变为友善大方.
例句: I think my daughter Sarah came out of her shell when I enrolled her in preschool at her child care. (自从我把我女儿莎拉送进托儿所的学前班, 我认为她不再害羞退​​缩并跟其他小孩一起玩)

14. come out of the ark, must have
定义: 老学就, 不知道新潮事务.
例句: You must have come out of the ark, and you're ignorant of current events. (你一定是个老学究, 你居然不知道最近发生的事情)

15. come out of the closet, to
定义: 公开真相; 公开承认自己是同性恋者.
例句: I'm lesbian and I just came out of the closet. I broke up with my boyfriend 3 months ago and now he's dealing with the backlash. (我是女同性恋者, 我不久前公开承认自己是同性恋者. 我在三个月前跟我男友分手, 现在他正在设法应付这个强烈的伤害性反应)

16. come out of the woodwork, to
定义: 沉寂多时, 突然出现.
例句: Cheap gas at 90¢ per gallon will bring customers out of the woodwork. (便宜的九十美分一加仑的汽油肯定会引出许多沉寂多时的顾客突然出现)

17. come out of, to
定义: 从...产生, 进行或造成的结果.
例句: Nothing new came out of the G7 meeting. But the government is now keeping a closer eye on the stock market and investors are taking notice. (八大工业国家会没有产生新的结果. 不过政府正在密切注意股市动向, 投资人也注意到这个发展)

18. come out on top, to
定义: 终于胜出, 克敌制胜, 名列前茅.
例句: We did it last year and I thought we would come out on top again. I knew from practice the guys that could nail them and they proved it. (我们去年做到了, 我认为我们会再度克敌制胜. 从过去的实践中我确信这些人可以击败他们, 他们也证明了他们确实有这个能力)

19. come out right, to
定义: 顺利解决, 得逞, 成功.
例句: There is a lot I wish I could say about this but I am not sure it would come out right. (对这件事我有很多话想说出来但我没把握我能说得准确或中肯)

20. come out with, to
定义: 发布消息.
例句: A Latin American company just came out with 12 ounce cans of whiskey for the consumer market. (一家拉丁美洲公司不久前针对这个消费市场发布了十二盎司罐装威士忌的新产品)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 90 访客