royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 235

帖子 royl » 周三 11月 16, 2011 6:09 pm

二十笔实用成语 235

01. come to play, to
定义: 有意参加或比赛. (注: 意指有赢得比赛或成功的决心)
例句: Venucia comes to play in automotive. China continues to develop the automotive sector in various ways. (启辰加入汽车市场的竞赛. 中国继续以多方面方式推展汽车领域)

02. come to power, to
定义: 接掌某职位, 上台, 掌权.
例句: When Salvador Allende's Unidad Popular came to power in Chile in 1970, Spartacist warned that it would end in a bloodbath. (当萨尔瓦多•阿连德的人民团结联盟于一九七零年接掌智利政权的时候, 斯巴达克斯党警告这个政权将落到大屠杀的结局)

03. come to public notice, to
定义: 出名, 被大众注意到.
例句: She had first come to public notice three years before when she was ejected from a Boston theater because she refused to sit in a segregated gallery. (三年前由于她拒绝坐在种族隔离的顶楼座位被驱逐出一家波士顿戏院之后, 她从此出名)

04. come to realize, to
定义: (脑子变清醒了)才了解.
例句: At this point, I have come to realize that 10 percent of the people who read his work will always love it no matter how bad it is. (在这个时刻, 我才了解到读过他的作品的百分之十人们不论这个作品有多烂还是照样地喜欢它)

05. come to rest, to
定义: 停止, 停留.
例句: Due to brake failure, the truck was sent speeding down the highway, plowed through traffic and finally came to rest after crashing into some shops. (由于煞车失灵, 造成这部卡车在公路高速奔驰, 强力持续穿过流动车辆, 最后撞进一些商店才停止下来)

06. come to someone's aid, to
定义: 前来援助某人.
例句: A local man said he came within seconds of having his car broken into, and perhaps stolen, until a rea​​l-life "superhero" came to his aid. (一名当地男子说如果不是一个现实生活的"超级英雄"前来援助, 他差一点就被人闯入他的车子, 也许​​还会被偷走)

07. come to someone's call, to
定义: 前来回应某人的召唤.
例句: There was something in her eyes that made me begin to understand why the ravens came to her call. (她的眼睛发出一股我说不出的力量让我开始了解了为什么这些乌鸦会回应她的召唤)

08. come to someone's defense, to
定义: 替某人辩护.
例句: His attorney came to his defense in court and had his sentence reduced to two weeks instead of the mandatory sentence of six months. (他的律师替他在法庭辩护, 把他的刑期从法定的六个星期减至两个星期)

09. come to terms with, to
定义: 达成协议; 坦然, 理性地接受困难的现实.
例句: The arrogant fool thinks he can do no wrong and has never come to terms with how weak and foolish we are at the best of times.即使在最好的情况下(这个傲慢的蠢蛋以为他永不犯错, 他从来不坦然地接受我们即使在最佳状况下仍旧是多么脆弱和愚蠢的现实)

10. come to the conclusion, to
定义: 做出决定, 达成结论, 决议或判决.
例句: Today, I came to the conclusion that many guys think they can hoop, but none of them ever make the school basketball team. (今天, 我做出了结论, 许多家伙以为他们篮球打得很棒, 但是他们没有一个人会打得进篮球校队)

11. come to the point, to
定义: 直接地说到重点.
例句: His speech was interesting but he never really came to the point. (他的演讲虽然有趣味但他从来没有直接说到重点)

12. come to think of it, to
定义: 我想起来了.
例句: Come to think of it, I was the one who suggested marriage. (我想起来了, 这个提议结婚的人就是我)

13. come to, to
定义: 回复知觉, 清醒; 了解, 得知; 等于, (算帐)总额为; 到了某个地步或状况/状态; 停驶船只; 导致, 结果是; 达成, 做成; 谈到, 提及;回想到; 应得.
例句: Some things in life come smoothly and easily. Not everything, though. Sooner or later, we come to the hard part. (人生有些事情轻松顺利. 但不是每一件事都是如此顺利. 迟早我们会碰到人生艰难的另一面)

14. come today, gone tomorrow
定义: 不长久的, 一闪即逝的. (注: 经常用于一些诈欺性的商人, 当骗局一得手就逃逸)
例句: Do you know what the problem with Apple 'cool' gadgets? They are nothing more than fashion—come today, gone tomorrow. (你知道苹果公司一些所谓的'酷'电子产品的问题在哪儿吗? 它们只不过是新潮流—一闪即逝的新潮流)

15. come together as a team, to
定义: 团结一致.
例句: All we can do now is come together as a team and be proud of what we accomplished. (我们现在所能做的就是团结一致, 以我们的成就为荣)

16. come true, to
定义: 实现.
例句: You must believe in your dream to make it come true. (你必须相信你的梦想才能让它实现. 注: 意指如果你都不相信你自己的梦想, 你就不会决志, 历尽千辛万苦去实现它)

17. come under attack, to
定义: 被严厉抨击; 受到袭击.
例句: The rebel stronghold came under attack on Saturday morning, with at least two air strikes and sustained shelling of the city's south sending thick smoke into the sky. (这个叛军据点于星期六早晨遭到袭击, 至少发生两次空袭,这个城市南方遭受炮击造成冲天的浓烟)

18. come under fire, to
定义: 被严厉抨击; 受到袭击.
例句: Tom was on his third tour of duty with the Army in Afghanistan when his squad came under fire from insurgents on the morning of June 28. (当汤姆的班部队于六月二十八日早晨受到叛军袭击的时候,这是他第三次在阿富汗执勤陆军任务)

19. come under, to
定义: 置于某种状况, 受制于, 受到影响, 隶属, 归纳入.
例句: These honors attest to the tremendous impact he had on the many students who were fortunate enough to come under his influence. (这些荣誉奖章显示出他对许多学生所造成的巨大的影响, 这些学生也庆幸受到他的影响)

20. come undone, to
定义: 被解开; 被松开; 极受烦扰, 勃然大怒, 情绪失控.
例句: When she's near me, I come undone. I can't think or talk! (每当她接近我, 我就极受烦扰, 我没法好好地思考或说话!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 56 访客