royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 237

帖子 royl » 周五 11月 18, 2011 2:56 pm

二十笔实用成语 237

01. come up with some kind of suggestions, to
定义: 提出一些建议.
例句: It's an issue that requires all of us to discuss, debate and then come up with some kind of suggestions. (这个议题需要大家商讨, 辩论, 然后提出一些建议)

02. come up with the goods, to
定义: [英国]做到被要求的事, 做到允诺的事, 完成被托付的任务.
例句: Everyone is made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not. (不管他们是否能完成被托付的任务, 每个人都被哄得感觉像个大人物)

03. come up with, to
定义: 想出来, 拿出(财物, 对策, 解决方案); 供应; 发现, 发明.
例句: He is going to be in a lot of trouble if he doesn't come up with the money he owes. (如果他不能拿出他所欠的钱的话他会有很大的麻烦)

04. come up, to
定义: 提出, 提及; 出现, 地平线上出现; 接近; 升任, 升迁; 引起注意或考虑; 突然发生, 将要发生; 结果成为.
例句: It came as a shock to me when I found out about two years later, the religion issue had never explicitly came up between us before. (两年后我才发现这件事吓我一跳, 这个宗教议题从前在我们两人之间根本没被明确地提到)

05. come upon, to
定义: 无意中碰到...; 突然产生某种感觉.
例句: As I edged the door open, I came upon an unexpected scene. A priest was chanting a mass in Latin for a congregation composed of a single individual. (当我慢慢地打开门, 我突然面对一个没有预料到的场景. 一个教士正在以拉丁语念诵天主教弥撒给一个单人组成的会众)

06. come what may/come what will, to
定义: 不管发生什么; 不论任何困难都不能阻挠你要做某事.
例句: I'll be home for the holidays, come what may. (不管发生什么我都会回家过节)

07. come with, to
定义: 附带, 跟随某人.
例句: Do you want to sell sugar water for the rest of your life, or do you want to come with me and change the world? (你要下半辈子贩卖糖水还是要跟随我改变这个世界?)

08. come within an ace of something/doing something, to
定义: 即将要完成某事.
例句: The French lashed out from their central position, coming within an ace of defeating the largest Allied contingent, the Army of Bohemia, on 16 October. (于十月十六日, 这批法国部队突然从他们中央位置发起攻击,即将要打败最大的一个盟军特遣部队, 波西米亚陆军)

09. come, come
定义: 好了, 好了; 得了吧; 哎呀. (注: 意指温和地表达对某人的话或态度不赞同)
例句: Come, come. You know as well as I do that he never said that. (得了吧. 你明明知道我根本没说过这句话)

10. come/go with the territory, to
定义: 预料中的, 不得不接受的, 视为正常的. (注: 意指要接受的某一地区或情况所产生的特殊性问题)
例句: It comes with the territory of being human. It's not wrong or weak to feel frustrated. What is crucial, however, is how we handle our frustration. (作为人这是正常的. 有挫折感并不是错误或软弱.无论如何, 真正重要的是, 我们如何处理我们的挫折感)

11. come/spring/leap to mind, to
定义: 被想起或想到了.
例句: That is the only thing that comes to mind right now: our vile, wicked, twisted society has reached its limit. (现在, 这是唯一我想到的: 我们这个卑鄙, 邪恶, 扭曲的社会已经到达它的极限了)

12. comeback kid, a
定义: 击不垮的人; 重得过去名誉光荣的人.
例句: He's the comeback kid. At 60, he thinks he can skate and play the way he used to. (他是个打不垮的人. 到了六十岁, 他认为他还能跟过去一样地溜冰和表演)

13. comeback, a
定义: 迅速机伶的回答或反驳; 回到过去的光荣或地位.
例句: She seemed to have a clever comeback for everything I said. (她似乎对我所说的每件事都有她一套的反驳)

14. comedy of errors, a
定义: 错中错喜剧或荒谬剧; 一错再错的闹剧.
例句: The candidate's campaign turned out to be a political comedy of errors. (这个后选人的竞选活动结果是一场一错再错的闹剧)

15. comedy of manners, a
定义: 风尚喜剧, 讽刺性的描述上流社会的世态行为喜剧.
例句: Race and rivalry, class and family, all come together for an explosive comedy of manners about today's complex world. (种族与对立, 社会阶级与家庭, 通通集聚在一个有关于复杂的现代社会的一场爆炸性风尚喜剧)

16. come-on, a
定义: 引诱; 轻薄/性挑逗的言行.
例句: Tia had flirted with Wade in class and gave him the come on more than once. (缇亚以前曾在班上跟伟德调情, 她不止一次跟他发出性挑逗的言行)

17. comfort zone, a
定义: 舒适有自信的环境; [医学术语]舒适范围. (注: 温度介于摄氏28到30度中间一个裸露的人体可以保持热平衡也就是不会发抖或流汗)
例句: We should get out of our comfort zone and go camping in the countryside. (我们应该走出舒适的环境到野外去露营)

18. comfortable as an old shoe, be (as)
定义: 舒适自在的.
例句: Sometimes a restaurant that's been around a while becomes as comfortable as an old shoe. But other times it can feel as worn-out as one. (有时候一家历史悠久的餐厅让人感觉舒适自在. 但也有时候它跟一只旧鞋一样地让人感觉老旧无趣)

19. comic book/strip, a
定义: 连环漫画.
例句: Through Amor De Cosmos, one of the leader of the anti-Chinese movement, this comic strip depicts the rejection of the Chinese for their lack of cultural assimilation. (经由阿莫•迪卡斯模斯, 一个反华运动领导人, 这个连环漫画描述由于中国人缺乏文化的同化遭受排斥)

图片
这个标题为"卑诗省的野蛮中国人"的反华漫画

20. coming from one's heart, be
定义: 衷心的, 真诚的, 从内心发出的.
例句: The cold man who puts his competition out of business without a second thought has ice water in his veins and ticker tape coming from his heart. (这个从来毫不犹豫把对手整垮的冷酷人身上流着冷血, 在他的心里他只关心股市动向)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 45 访客