回复
royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 238

帖子 royl » 周日 11月 20, 2011 2:19 am

二十笔实用成语 238

01. coming-out party, a
定义: 成年礼舞会. (注: 美国西班牙语族裔的少女十五岁生日舞会或一个少女正式入社会的派对)
例句: Whether at a daughter's coming out party or at her wedding, there will be opportunities for fathers and daughters to dance together. (不论在一个女儿的成年礼舞会或她的婚礼, 总是有父亲和女儿一起跳舞的机会)

02. comings and goings
定义: 进出活动, 出出入入, 来来往往, 熙来攘往.
例句: He's in and out of the office; I can't keep up with his comings and goings (他频繁地进出办公室; 我没法跟得上他的活动. 注: 意指没法掌握他详细的行踪)

03. COMINT
定义: 通讯情报搜集. (注: COMINT是Communications intelligence缩写)
例句: A basic COMINT technique is to listen for voice communications, usually over radio but possibly "leaking" from telephones or from wiretaps. (一个基本通讯情报搜集的手法是监听语言通讯, 通常指监听无线电通话但也有可能监听电话中的"泄露"或使用窃听器来盗取机密)

04. command a high price, to
定义: 要求或值得高价格.
例句: Although fine cocoa commands a high price, Criollo is not a great crop for farmers; it is susceptible to disease and its yields are not the best. (尽管高级可可粉可以卖到好价格, 克里欧有对农民来说不是一个好作物; 它容易遭到疾病侵害而且它的产量不是最好的)

05. command center, a
定义: 指挥中心.
例句: The Emergency Operations Center is a command center that is operated to mobilize forces to meet natural disasters or civil disturbances. (这个紧急应变中心是一个作为动员部队应付自然灾害或民间骚乱的指挥中心)

06. command performance, a
定义: 被命令或强制性的演出或出席.
例句: My boss's invitations to dinner are always a command performance. (我老板的晚餐邀请永远是个强制性的出席)

07. commander-in-chief, the
定义: 三军统帅. (注: 在美国三军统帅是总统, 缩写为CIC)
例句: You think that Cain is prepared to be Commander-in-chief? You feel that he's demonstrated any competence at all? (你认为凯因做好了作为三军统帅的​​准备吗? 你感觉出他表现了丝毫的胜任能力吗?)

08. commend to, to
定义: 推荐, 赞扬, 支持.
例句: His ideas are not likely to commend themselves to most voters. (他的政见不太可能得到大部分选民的支持)

09. comment on, to
定义: 对...发表意见或看法, 解说或评论.
例句: Even my 23-year old son has commented on my new look and that says a lot. I can handle compliments like that. (连我二十三岁儿子都对我的新容貌发表看法, 这说明了我的容貌值得赞赏. 对这样的恭维我听了很受用)

10. commercial operation, a
定义: 商业营运.
例句: The Ling Ao II nuclear power plant was connected to the grid about September 2002 and entered commercial operation in January 2003. (岭澳第二核电厂大约于二零零二年九月接通了输电网, 于二零零三年一月正式进入商业营运)

11. commercial paper, a
定义: [财经术语]商业本票. 短期无担保可转让的融资性商业本票.
例句: Since it is not backed by collat​​eral, only firms with excellent credit ratings from a recognized rating agency will be able to sell their commercial paper. (既然它没有担保作保证, 只有从公认的评级机构给予极好信用评级的大企业才有办法出售他们的商业本票)

12. commingled with, be
定义: 混合在一起, 混用.
例句: An attorney who commingles his or her money with money belonging to a client is violating the ethics of the legal profession. (一个律师把他的或她的金钱与客户的金钱一起混用是违反法律专业道德规范的行为)

13. commit ... to paper/writing, to
定义: 把...写下来.
例句: Until you commit your goals to paper, you have intentions that are seeds without soil. (如果你不把你的目标写下来, 你立的志向等于一些没有土壤的种子)

14. commit a robbery, to
定义: 犯抢劫罪.
例句: The unknown black male in the video committed a robbery at a store by pushing an employee as he fled on a bicycle he had just stolen from it. (这名被录了像的未知名的黑人男子犯下了抢劫一店家罪, 他推开一名店员骑着他刚从店里偷来单车逃避)

15. commit a serious blunder, to
定义: 犯下严重错误.
例句: Governor Perry committed a serious blunder in the presidential debate. As he was listing three federal agencies he would eliminate, he forgot number 3. (派瑞州长在总统辩论会上犯下严重错误. 当他列举三个他将会关闭的联邦机构时候, 他说不出第三个机构)

16. commit murder/rape/adultery, to
定义: 犯下谋杀罪/性强暴罪/通奸罪.
例句: Assault with intent to commit murder is assault with specific intent to kill. Actual infliction of injury is not necessary. (蓄意谋杀的行凶等同于蓄意杀害的行凶. 是否造成了实际的伤害不是成立此罪的必要条件)

17. commit oneself to a long-term relationship, to
定义: 做出长期关系的承诺, 投身于长期关系.
例句: I do not want to commit myself to a long-term relationship; however, if I find the right girl why not? (我不愿意对长期关系做出承诺; 但是, 如果我找到适合的女孩的话, 有何不可呢?)

18. commit oneself, to
定义: 承诺, 应允, 投身, 致力; 送入医院, 戒勒中心或监狱等机构或机关.
例句: If commit yourself without investigating all the angles, and preparing yourself for contingencies that may arise, you're skating on thin ice. (如果你做一个承诺而没有事先做好方面调查以及没有做好可能发生的各种紧急事故的准备, 你等于在如履薄冰)

19. commit suicide, to
定义: 自杀.
例句: A person who has committed a crime may commit suicide in order to escape capture, disgr​​ace, prosecution, or incarceration. (一个已经犯罪的人可能会为了逃避被逮捕, 羞辱, 起诉, 或监禁而自杀)

20. commit to memory, to
定义: 牢记下来.
例句: I haven't a pen to write down your phone number, I'll just have to commit it to memory. (我没有带笔没法写下你的电话号码, 我只好把它牢记下来)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 90 访客