royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 242

帖子 royl » 周三 11月 23, 2011 7:32 pm

二十笔实用成语 242

01. conference call, a
定义: 电话会议.
例句: I have a problem with making a conference call using my cell phone as it would switch between the two numbers, with one of the numbers on hold. (我没法用我的手机打电话会议, 因为它会在两个号码之间切换, 让其中一个号码在旁边等候)

02. confide in, to
定义: 将秘密倾诉给别人, 推心置腹, 吐露心事, 无话不谈.
例句: My close friend of 18 years confides in me but not her family. (我交往了十八年的密友跟我无话不谈但她不跟家人吐露心事)

03. confidence building
定义: 自信建立, 信心建立.
例句: You need to try confidence building exercises, just as I once did. I still do some of these on occasion whenever I need a self-esteem boost. (就像我以前所做的一样, 你需要试一试自信建立的操练. 每当我需要加强自信的时候, 我有时候也会做这些操练)

04. confine oneself to, to
定义: 将自己局限于.
例句: Don't confine yourself to only one or two great ideas, and don't be afraid to think outside the box. (别把你自己局限在少数的一两个好想法之内, 别害怕脱离窠臼, 以非传统的方式思考问题)

05. confined to bed, be
定义: 卧病在床的.
例句: Being condemned to be confined to bed till death, every morning his wife visits him and sees if he is still alive. (他被强迫卧病在床直到死亡, 每一天早上他的妻子过来看看他是否还活着)

06. confirm the diagnosis, to
定义: 确定诊断是正确的.
例句: I went to another doctor to see if he would confirm the diagnosis that my family doctor had m​​ade. (我给另一位医生看看是否他能确定我家庭医生做出的诊断是正确的)

07. confirmed bachelor, a
定义: 拒绝婚姻(异性恋)者; 同性恋者.
例句: He's a confirmed bachelor, so don't get your hopes up. (他是一个拒绝婚姻者, 所以你别对他抱太高的期望)

08. conflict of interest, a
定义: 利益冲突. 一个私人利益与公共责任的冲突; [法律术语]不同的国家或辖区的法律在一个争议的主题上有冲突; 另, 在同一国内某些法律有冲突.
例句: The appearance of a conflict of interest is present if there is a potential for the personal interests of an individual to clash with fiduciary duties. (一旦个人的私利和信托责任有可能发生冲突的情况下, 利益冲突的嫌疑就出现)

09. conflict of personalities, a
定义: 个性上的冲突.
例句: A divorce can be granted for virtually any reason in Texas, whether it is a conflict of personalities or a spouse was cheating or abusive. (不论是个性的冲突或是配偶的不忠或虐待, 一个离婚案件在德州几乎以任何理由都可以获得批准)

10. conflict prevention, a
定义: 冲突防止.
例句: International officials like talking about conflict prevention, but they are uncomfortable talking about how conflicts actually get started. (国际官员们喜欢高谈阔论有关冲突的防止. 但他们不愿谈论有关这些冲突事实上是如何地被人挑起的)

11. confuse the issue, to
定义: 将议题搅乱, 将不相关事情与议题混为一谈.
例句: We're talking about racial disparities here; you're comparing apples and oranges and confusing the issue. (我们在这里谈论的是种族不公平待遇; 你在比较两种性质不同的东西, 把不相关事情和议题混为一谈)

12. confuse with, to
定义: 误认为, 误以为.
例句: You must be confusing me with someone else. (你肯定是把我误认为另外一个人)

13. confused as Adam on Mother's Day, be (as)
定义: 非常迷惑. (注: 按基督教圣经亚当是神所创造并无母亲)
例句: Being as confused as Adam on Mother's Day, I stood waiting for directions from the photographer on where to stand and what to do. (由于非常迷惑, 我站在那儿等待摄影师给我站在哪儿和该做什么的指示)

14. conga line, a
定义: 跳康加舞的队伍; 蛇行的单行队伍.
例句: The ants you see forming a conga line across your kitchen floor never have wings, which gives rise to a myth that winged ants belong to a separate species. (你看到的这些在你厨房地板上排成一条蛇行队伍从来没翅膀的蚂蚁, 它们给人一个有翅膀蚂蚁属于另一种类的错觉)

15. congradulations vs. congratulations
定义: [易混淆字或片语]congradulations是个错误的字, 根本不存在; congratulations(名词)恭喜; 是正确的用法.

16. Congratulations to you.
[成语句型]恭喜你.

17. Congratulations!
[成语句型]恭喜你! 恭贺你!

18. Congress calls for larger military.
[成语句型]国会认为扩军是有必要的. (注: call for: 认为必要)

19. conjunction fallacy, the
定义: [逻辑术语]连结性谬误. (注: 意指一个逻辑的错误发生于当你以为某特定复合条件比普通条件更有可能)
例句: It's a conjunction fallacy because you are assigning greater probability to the more complicated event, the event that is strictly more complicated. (这是个连结性谬误因为你指定更高的概率给这个更复杂​​的事件, 一个极其更复杂的事件)

20. conjure up, to
定义: 凭空想像, 制造假象.
例句: I conjured up a picture of a skinny girl with unruly brown hair that she was continually brushing out of her eyes. (我凭空想像出了一个瘦小女孩不停地拨开遮盖她眼睛蓬乱棕发的景象)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 71 访客