royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 243

帖子 royl » 周五 11月 25, 2011 11:23 am

二十笔实用成语 243

01. conk off, to
定义: 打晕; 晕倒, 力竭而倒; 失灵, 抛锚; 睡觉.
例句: The last thing I felt before I conked off was him pulling my engagement ring off my finger. I hope he threw it into the nearest sewer. (在我被打晕前最后有知觉的一件事是他把我的订婚戒指从我手指头拔下来, 我希望他把它扔进最近的阴沟里)

02. conk out, to
定义: 打晕; 晕倒, 力竭而倒; 失灵, 抛锚; 睡觉.
例句: My car conked out today and the battery light flashed, now it won't start at all and is making a clicking sound. (我的车子今天抛锚了, 电池警告灯闪亮, 现在根本不能发动引擎而且还会发出滴滴的声音)

03. connect the dots, to
定义: 联结推理, 将各种有关事情的点滴串联在一起并想通其关联.
例句: As I l​​ooked back and connected the dots, then it dawned on me that this whole thing has been all about greed. (当我回顾过去, 把各种有关事情串联起来推理, 突然我想通了, 这整件事完全跟贪婪有关)

04. connected at the hip, be
定义: 连体于臀部的; 形影不离, 行动一致的; 息息相关的; 利害攸关的.
例句: Both Tom and Kevin are connected at the hip. They cannot live without one another, nor do they like each other's friends. (汤姆和凯文形影不离. 他们没对方就活不下去, 他们也不喜欢对方的朋友)

05. conscience-stricken, be
定义: 良心不​​安, 怀着罪恶感.
例句: Tom was very grateful to Jenny for the interest she showed, and Tom was conscience-stricken by the grief he had caused her. (汤姆非常感谢珍妮对他表现出的关注, 而汤姆对于给她所造成的痛苦感到良心不安)

06. conscientious vs. conscious
定义: [易混淆字或片语]conscientious(形容词)有责任心的, 本着良心的, 负责的; conscious(形容词)有意识的, 觉察的, 知觉的.

07. Consider it done.
[成语句型]没问题, 一定办好; 我马上办妥.

08. Consider this.
[成语句型]仔细考虑这个.

09. Consider yourself lucky.
[成语句型]你该感到幸运. (注: 意指你刚逃过一劫)

10. considered bad/poor form, be
定义: 被认为不适当, 不得体的行为举止.
例句: "Is it considered poor form to open/hold the door for a woman in today's culture?" "No, it is not." ("你认为替女人开门或扶着门对于当今文化来说是个不得体的行为吗?" "不, 我不认为不得体.")

11. considered good form, be
定义: 被认为适当, 得体的行为举止.
例句: Eye contact is considered good form, and Chileans tend to stand much closer to one another than in Europe and North America when conversing. (保持目光接触是个适当的行为, 两个智利人谈话的时候经常站得比欧洲人及北美洲人更接近对方)

12. consort with ..., to
定义: 与...为伍, 交往; 与...发生性关系.
例句: She commanded political and military matters with a firm hand, and consorted with a dozen handsome courtiers and military men to boot. (她以铁腕统治政治和军事事务; 除了一些军官之外, 她还有跟十二个英俊的宠臣发生性关系)

13. conspicuous by its/one's absence, be
定义: 因明显的缺席所造成的突出.
例句: One aircraft conspicuous by its absence over the skies of Libya is the Air Force's vaunted F-22 Raptor air dominance fighter. (在利比亚的上空, 一种飞机因明显的缺席而造成了突出, 也就是美国空军所吹捧的F-22猛禽空优战机)

14. conspiracy of silence, a
定义: (一群人同意)保持缄默的阴谋.
例句: A report released this week calls for a break in the conspiracy of silence surrounding Europe's complicity in CIA-driven torture. (于本星期发布的一篇报告公开要求打破围绕着欧洲参与中情局推动的虐囚共谋的缄默阴谋)

15. constitution of an ox, to have the
定义: 体壮如牛, 不怕累, 不易生病.
例句: It was always in the back of my mind coming here, as she's very tough and takes a lot of work—she has the constitution of an ox. (来到这里, 我一直记得一件事, 由于她能吃苦耐劳和承受很多工作—她体壮如牛)

16. consumed with, be
定义: 全神贯注于, 专心一致于.
例句: If you're truly going to create a successful future, you must be as consumed with your family as you are with your business. (如果你真心想要创造成功的未来, 你必须要以全神贯注于你生意一样的态度来专心关切你的家庭)

17. consumer price index, the
定义: [经济术语]消费者物价指数, 又称CPI.
例句: The US consumer price index rose significantly to 3.44% in M​​ay from a year ago and 0.2% from its April level. (这个美国的消费者物价指数从去年四月份的百分之零点二水平显著地攀升至五月份的百分之三点四四)

18. consummate skill, the
定义: 绝技, 精湛技艺.
例句: Redfish breaking me off in mangrove roots is a problem I was not prepared for, but Ed, an angler of consummate skill, told me it was going to happen. (红鱼躲进红树林根部水域把鱼线扯断是我没料到的事, 但是埃得, 一位技艺精湛的钓友, 告诉我这种事情肯定会发生)

图片
红树林根部水域

19. contact between, the
定义: 两方的联系.
例句: A new law in M​​issouri that bans direct contact between teachers and students on social networking websites has some critics concerned. (一个密苏里州的新法律禁止老师与学生在社交网路网站上做直接联系, 这的禁令造成一些评论家的关切)

20. contact hitter, a
定义: [棒球术语]善于触击短打的球员.
例句: For a contact hitter, his goal is to get on base anyway possible, he's usually able to use their bats to make contact with the ball and put it in play. (对于一个善于触击短打的球员来说, 他的目的是想尽办法上垒, 他经常有办法利用他的球棒触击短打使自己不被三振出局)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 63 访客