royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 247

帖子 royl » 周四 12月 01, 2011 5:36 pm

二十笔实用成语 247

01. cop an attitude, to
定义: 耍态度, 采取不友好或对抗的态度.
例句: It looked like the damn post office played soccer with my package and she tried to cop an attitude with me. (看来这个可恶的邮局把我的包裹当球踢, 她还想跟我耍态度)

02. cop hold of, to
定义: [英国]抓住, 抓稳.
例句: Cop hold of this tire while I tighten the screws. (当我上紧这些螺丝的时候你帮我抓稳这个轮胎)

03. cop it sweet, to
定义: [俚语]出乎意料地幸运.
例句: A corrupt property manager has copped it sweet, scoring only 11 months home detention for his part in a multi-million dollar fraudulent scheme. (这个贪腐的房地产管理师出乎意料地幸运; 为他涉及的数百万元骗局部分, 他只得到十一个月家中拘留的处分)

04. cop it, to
定义: [英国]挨打/骂, 受到处罚.
例句: When dad gets home, you're going to cop it! (等老爸回家的时候, 你就准备挨打/骂吧!)

05. cop off, to
定义: 发生性关系, 做爱.
例句: Poor Amelia was left in tears after Frankie copped off with another girl right in front of her. What a bummer. (可怜的阿美莉亚看到法兰基在她面前跟另一女孩做爱之后伤心流泪地离开.这件事真令人难过)

06. cop out, to
定义: 退缩; 失败; 推拖不想负的责任; 逃避或忽视问题, 承诺或责任.
例句: Don't cop-out on me by saying you can't because you live out of town. That's nonsense. (别跟我推拖, 说什么你不行因为你住在外县市. 这都是废话)

07. cop shop, a
定义: [俚语]警察局.
例句: She got arrested for drinking with open alcoholic beverage in public, so they put her in the divvy van and drove her to the cop shop. (她因为在公众面前开瓶畅饮酒类被逮捕, 他们把她送进隔离的警用面包车把她回到警局)

08. cop to, to
定义: [俚语]承认, 认罪.
例句: A man, who has agreed to cop to a federal charge of wire fraud, struck a plea agreement that calls for him to be sentenced to one year in prison. (一名男子同意承认一项联邦指控的通讯诈欺罪,他取得了一个要求他被判刑一年的认罪协议)

09. cop/copper, a
定义: [俚语]警察, 警官.
例句: Calm as ever, bathed in the glow of television cameras, he spoke to the cops, then to the crowd. Everything was going to be okay. (跟平常一样地冷静, 他被包围在电视摄影机灯光下, 他跟警察谈话, 然后跟群众讲话. 一切事情都会得到顺利地解决)

10. co-pay/co-payment, a
定义: (医疗保险)病人付费部分. (注: 看病或​​买药病人要负担的一部分付费)
例句: A student who schedules an office visit through his provider is responsible for paying a $20 co-pay due at the time of the visit. (一个学生经由他的医疗保险公司安排的时间去诊所看病要在看完病的时候付出病人付费部分的二十元)

11. cope with, to
定义: 应战, 对付, 应付或克服.
例句: I don't have the money to buy a vehicle that gets better mileage so I h​​ave to cope with the situation as best as I can. (我没钱买一部更省油的车辆, 所以我不得不尽力地应付这个情况)

12. cop-out, a
定义: 退缩, 逃避的借口, 一个退缩或逃避的人.
例句: I don't think it's a cop-out, it's a personal decision. In some instances it's just a means of getting by or survival. (我不认为这是个退缩, 这是一个私人选择. 在有些情况下,这只是一个混日子或求生存的手段)

13. copper-bottomed, be
定义: 极安全的.
例句: It has to be a copper-bottomed plan because the boss only gives you one chance to get rid of the problem for good. (这必须是一个极安全的计划因为老板只给你一次机会一劳永逸地摆脱这个问题)

14. cops and robbers
定义: 官兵捉强盗式的游戏或情节.
例句: Everyone plays cops and robbers when they were kids, but it is different when you are in the service overseas. (当我们作小孩的时候, 每个人都玩过官兵捉强盗式的游戏, 但如果你在海外服兵役的话, 这是个不一样的情况)

15. copter, a
定义: [俚语]直升飞机. (注: copter是helicopter缩写)
例句: Amid fanfare, the most lethal and technologically sophisticated attack copter in the world was delivered to the Army by its Mesa manufacturer. (在欢迎音乐仪式中间, 这个世界上最致命的和高科技的攻击直升机被它位于梅萨市的制造商送交给陆军)

16. copycat, a
定义: 抄袭者, 模仿者; 模仿的行为, 仿制品.
例句: Surely, a copycat could never be creative. After all, how could merely doing the same thing as someone else ever be original? (确实地, 一个抄袭者永远没法创新. 毕竟, 只是模仿别人做同样的事怎么可能会有独创性?)

17. cordon bleu
定义: [法语]一流名厨, 一流烹饪.
例句: She spent five years working as a cordon bleu chef before opening her own restaurant. (在她开办她自己的餐厅之前, 她曾花了五年的时间作为一个一流名厨)

18. cordon off, to
定义: 封锁现场. (例如: 警方使用绳子或胶带封锁一个犯罪现场)
例句: With the students milling about, Bachmann did not appear until police arrived and cordoned off part of the farm with police tape. (由于学生们在旁游荡, 巴克曼等到警察抵达和使用警用塑胶带封锁一部分农场之后才出现)

19. core group, the
定义: 核心团体.
例句: Members of the core group set the direction and goals of the project as a whole, promote people's interest in the NetBSD Project. (核心团体的成员设定整体计划的方向和目标, 推广人们对NetBSD计划的关注)

20. core values
定义: 核心价值.
例句: I know personally when I have gone against my core values​​ I have really struggled with my life. (我亲身了解当我违背我核心价值的时候, 我一直天人交战)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 61 访客