royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 250

帖子 royl » 周日 12月 04, 2011 4:19 pm

二十笔实用成语 250

01. could get quite interesting
定义: 可能会​​变得很有趣.
例句: Most of these areas will remain dry and warm throughout the winter. The only exception is with Texas, where things could get quite interesting this winter. (大部分这些地区的冬天将维持干燥和温和. 唯一的例外是德州, 今年冬天这里的情况可能会变得很有趣)

02. could have + ... (PP过去分词)
定义: 使用于与过去事实相反的假设. (例如: Who could have thought of it? 当初谁会想到那件事?)
例句: The giant tsunami that hit Japan last March could have done more damage to the US West Coast had it not hit at low tide. (如果不是它碰上了低潮的话, 今年三月袭击日本的大海啸本可以对美西海岸造成更多的伤害. 注: 如果在今年五月谈论今年三月的事件, last March不等于去年三月)

03. could have done it
定义: 本来可以做到.
例句: I could have done it over the phone but I really wanted to go to the store because I wanted to make sure it got done right. (我本来可以在电话上办好这件事, 但我宁愿去这家店办理因为我想要确定把它办妥)

04. could not be wider
定义: 很宽/悬殊; 不能再宽/悬殊.
例句: The power disparity could not be wider—a poor villager in the world's fifth-poorest country lecturing the world's second-largest corporation. (这两造之间的权力差距不能再如此悬殊—一个世界上第五贫穷国家的一个村民训斥世界上第二大企业)

05. could see no way out of the pickle
定义: 找不出任何脱困的办法.
例句: As much as I would like to get it behind me, I could see no way out of the pickle I was in. (虽然我尽力地不再让这件事烦扰我, 但是我找不出任何脱困的办法)

06. could sleep on a clothesline
定义: 累到可以倒头就睡在任何地方.
例句: I'm so tired I could sleep on a clothesline. (我实在太累, 我累到可以倒头就睡在任何地方)

07. could survive without something
定义: 不做某事或没有某物也活/支撑得下去. (注: 意指对某习惯或某物的依赖很深, 但戒掉后也活得下去)
例句: How long you could survive without water depends entirely on your health, and the conditions you are in. (你能够不喝水支撑多久完全要看你的健康状况以及你身处的环境)

08. could talk under water
定义: [主要在澳洲]在任何情况都有一大堆话要说.
例句: Most of our guests were very quiet, but Tom could talk under water, so he kept the conversation going. (我们大部分的客人很安静, 但是汤姆在任何情况都有一大堆话要说, 所以他维持着这个聊天不中断)

09. could use a drink
定义: 想要喝杯酒.
例句: I don't know about anybody else, but I sure could use a drink. (我不知道别人怎样, 但我确实想要喝杯酒)

10. Could we? Would we?
[成语句型]我们可能吗? 我们愿意吗?

11. Could you give us a couple more minutes?
定义: [餐厅用语](客人)你能再给我们一点时间吗? (注: 来决定点什么食物)

12. Could you give us a little more time?
[成语句型]你能再给我们一些时间好吗?

13. Could you just give me a minute?
[成语句型]你能再给我一点时间吗? (注: could在这是用于比can的现在式比较礼貌及轻柔的语气)

14. Could you spare me a few minutes?
[成语句型]可以占用你几分钟时间吗?

15. couldn't be more wrong
定义: 大错特错, 荒谬至极.
例句: If you think this is the only soup where you can add tofu to, you couldn't be more wrong. I have yet to see a soup where tofu couldn't be added to it. (如果你认为这个汤是唯一的可以加豆腐的汤, 你大错特错. 我还没见过不能加豆腐的汤)

16. couldn't bear the pain
定义: 不能忍受这个痛苦.
例句: His life was taken, I was devastated, I couldn't bear the pain nor accept the fact that I had to raise my child alone. (他的生命被夺走之后, 我简直痛不欲生, 我不能忍受这个痛苦也不能接受我必须单独抚养我的孩子的事实)

17. couldn't bear the thought/idea of​​ ...
定义: 一想到...就头痛/痛苦/不能忍受/不能接受.
例句: She couldn't bear the thought of life without him. She felt it was all her fault. If she could undo that heated conversation, maybe they would still be together. (她不能忍受没有他而单独生活的想法. 她觉得这是她的错. 如果她能够收回那场争论, 也许他们仍会在一起生活)

18. couldn't believe my ears
定义: (论及过去)简直不相信我的耳朵. (注: 听到惊人之语)
例句: I couldn't believe my ears as he told me what had happened the previous night. My ears could have bled from the sorrowful tale. (当他告诉我前晚所发生的事的时候, 我简直不相信我的耳朵. 我的耳朵本差一点为这桩伤心事流出同情的血)

19. couldn't believe your eyes
定义: (论及过去) 简直不相信自己所看到的; 难以置信; 令人惊讶.
例句: You couldn't believe your eyes when you saw a spaceship. Then, you couldn't believe your ears when people laughed when you told them what you had seen. (当你看到宇宙飞船你简直不相信自己的眼睛. 然而, 当人们听完你所叙述的飞船之后所发出的耻笑会让你难以置信)

20. couldn't care less
定义: 没有一点兴趣, 不理不睬, 才不甩, 不想知道, 关我何事.
例句: "Brad is seeing Debbie." "I know. And I couldn't care less." ("布莱德现在跟黛比谈恋爱." "我知道. 这关我何事.")

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 69 访客