royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 256

帖子 royl » 周日 12月 11, 2011 2:45 pm

二十笔实用成语 256

01. crack a/the code, to
定义: 破解一个密码.
例句: Members of Cornell's GPS Lab have cracked the PRN codes of Europe's first global navigation satellite, despite efforts to keep the codes secret. (尽管尽力保持这些密码机密不外泄, 康乃尔大学全球定位系统研究室成员已经破解了第一个欧洲全球定位卫星的伪随机数密码)

02. crack down on something, to
定义: 强力制止, 镇压, 制裁某坏事发生.
例句: Serbian police have begun to crack down on the "sex slave trade" in women tricked into prostitution in the Balkans. (塞尔维亚警方已经开始强力制止诱拐女子在巴尔干半岛卖淫的"性奴贩卖")

03. crack down, to
定义: 强力制止, 镇压, 制裁.
例句: People have been violating this law for years, and now the government is finally starting to crack down. (人们已经违反这个法令多年, 政府目前才终于开始强力制止)

04. crack into, to
定义: 非法入侵别人电脑并窃取资料; 进入某一行业; 碎成多片.
例句: I have been trying to crack into the medical sales industry and so far have not heard back from a soul. (我一直想要进入医药销售行业, 可是到目前为止还没有收到任何人的回音)

05. crack of dawn, the
定义: 破晓时分, 日出时刻.
例句: This morning I woke up before the crack of dawn at 4:57am. It's my birthday and I want to make the most of it. (今天早上我在日出之前四点五十七分起床. 今天是我的生日, 我想要充分地利用它)

06. crack of doom, the
定义: 世界末日, 大难临头.
例句: Mike was the consummate rugby player. He tackled like the crack of doom and could sniff a chance like a forest animal. (麦克是个完美的橄榄球球员. 他像大难临头似地擒抱摔倒对方球员, 能够像森林野兽一般地嗅出一丝机会)

07. crack on, to
定义: 加速工作, 办理或到达.
例句: For some of you early starters, it's about that time to start cracking on the Holiday shopping list. (对你们一些提早开跑的人, 现在正是开始制定假日血拼清单的时候)

08. crack one's knuckles, to
定义: 压手指关节劈啪作响.
例句: I asked my physical therapist would crack his knuckles cause arthritis. He said it doesn't ant it was good for your joints. (我问我的理疗师压手指关节会不会造成风湿性关节炎. 他说不会而且还对你的关节有益处)

09. crack open, to
定义: 敲开, 压裂, 打裂.
例句: We just cracked open a coconut in our office. I'm not sure how all of that goes from a weird, kind of gross brown ball to a piña colada. (我们刚刚在办公室敲开一颗椰子. 我真不知道从一颗奇怪又有点丑陋的褐色圆球怎么变成一杯椰香鸡尾酒的整个过程)

10. crack salesman, a
定义: 同性恋男​​妓; (毒品)快克古柯碱贩卖者, 皮条客.
例句: If you are a 30 year old crack salesman, you are a good salesman. You have endured a decade or more of police investigations and rival gang hits. (如果你是个三十岁的快克贩卖者, 你是个出色的推销员. 你已经躲过十年或更久的警方调查以及敌对帮派的袭击)

11. crack shot, a
定义: 射击高手.
例句: The kids are surprised to learn that their father is a crack shot, since he's never told them anything about it. (这些小朋友惊讶地得知他们的父亲是个射击高手, 因为他从来不告诉他们跟这有关的事情)

12. crack the case, to
定义: 侦破(犯罪)案; 解决并揭露一个秘辛.
例句: A Vancouver panhandler told a local reporter he's already cracked the case, "I'll bet you it was murder. You just don't find feet lying around." (一个温哥华的要饭告诉一个当地记者他已经侦破了这件案子, "我肯定这是一件谋杀案. 你只是没发现他躺在地上的两条腿罢了.")

13. crack the lineup, to
定义: 在球队里建立一席地位或成为一员.
例句: I don't think any of the three will crack the lineup anytime soon unless there is a significant injury out of training camp. (除非在训练营发生了严重的受伤, 我不认为这三人中任何一个人短期内能够成为队员)

14. crack the nut, to
定义: 解决某个头痛问题.
例句: Coming back to the business, I found that I was sort of not quite a has-been, and it wasn't a new career, it was just kind of difficult to crack the nut. (回到这个行业, 我并不感觉我过气了, 这也不是一个新工作, 只是有点困难解决这个问题而已)

15. crack the whip, to
定义: 裹胁别人更努力工作; 以高压姿态命令属下.
例句: Our boss had to crack the whip in order to get the job finished by the weekend. (为了在周末结束之前把这个工作完成, 我们老板不得不裹胁我们)

16. crack troops, the
定义: 特种部队, 精锐部队.
例句: During this battle, the crack troops of Zeng Guofan's Hunan Army was lost, along with one of its most capable commanders, Li Xubin. (在这个战斗中, 曾国蕃的湘军精锐部队战败, 除此以外也损失了一名湘军战将, 李续宾)

17. crack under the strain/pressure, to
定义: 在压力下情绪崩溃.
例句: Mother was a strong person. She never cracked under the strain of raising ten children. (我母亲是一个坚强的人. 养育我们这十个儿女, 她从来不屈服在压力下. 注: 许多英美人士很少说my mother而直接用mother, 为了让读者清楚这句话, 我还是翻译成我母亲)

18. crack up, to
定义: 赞扬, 宣扬吹捧; 令人捧腹大笑; 失控撞车; 情绪崩溃.
例句: I cracked up when he started talking about the incident with the taxi driver. (当他开始谈论跟这个计程车司机冲突事件的时候, 我捧腹大笑)

19. crack wise, to
定义: 说笑话, 俏皮话, 笑谑.
例句: I wish people stop cracking wise about my bike resembling a broom. It's supposed to resemble a broom. (我希望人们别再说我的脚踏车像只扫帚的俏皮话. 它本来就该像只扫帚)

20. cracked up to be, be
定义: 受赞扬, 被吹捧. (注: 这词多用于否定语气例如: 此人并不如外界所宣扬吹捧地那么好)
例句: I do not feel that Vitamin Water is all it's cracked up to be. It has quite a bit of sugar in it, and many don't feel that it's actually that different than drinking soda. (我不认为维他命水像别人所吹捧得那样好. 它含有不少的糖分, 许多人并不感觉它跟喝汽水有什么差别)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 72 访客