royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 257

帖子 royl » 周一 12月 12, 2011 5:32 pm

二十笔实用成语 257

01. cracker, a
定义: [种族歧视语](美国南方)穷乡巴佬白种人.
例句: I'm still waiting for the word "Cracker" to be referred to as the "C-word" the way the word "Nigger" is constantly referred to as the "N-word." (就像"黑鬼"被归类为"N字眼"一样地, 我还在等待"穷乡巴佬白人"被归类为"C字眼." 注: 请读者尽量少用或最好不用这种种族歧视语)

02. crackpot, a
定义: 疯子, 怪人尤其带着稀奇古怪的想法.
例句: According to some crackpot in Loserville, USA, the world is going to end tomorrow. (依照美国蠢货镇某个怪人, 世界将于明天毁灭. 注: 这里的Loserville是个不存在许多字典的骂人话, 意指住在Loserville的人不是没出息或愚蠢就是注定一事无成)

03. cracksman, a
定义: 小偷, 盗贼.
例句: We had a cracksman called "Scotch Jimmy." Although he was clever, he wasn't as bad as the coal owners when it comes to stealing money from you. (我们以前有个叫"苏格兰人吉米"的小偷.虽然他狡诈, 当我们提到偷你钱的时候, 他还没有这些煤老板这么可恶)

04. cradle of civilization, the
定义: 人类文明摇篮.
例句: The Yellow River is said to be the Cradle of Civilization as this is where the earliest Chinese dynasties were based. (由于最早的中国王朝以此地带为中心, 黄河流域被认为是人类文明摇篮)

05. cram school, a
定义: 升学补习班.
例句: The phrase "cram school" is considered pejorative in the United States, so similar businesses are called "tutoring services" or "test preparation centers." ("补习班"在美国被视为侮蔑性的字眼, 因此同性质的企业被称为"课外辅导服务"或"考试准备中心.")

06. cram, to
定义: 加紧读书以应付考试.
例句: You'd better start cramming for next week's exam or you're going to fail. (你最好赶快加紧读书来应付下个星期的考试, 否则你会考不及格)

07. cramp someone's style, to
定义: 限制别人的自由行动或表达.
例句: Working in the new job is beginning to cramp my style a little. (有了这个新工作之后我的行动自由开始有点受到限制)

08. crane one's neck, to
定义: 伸长脖子, 引颈观望.
例句: He pulled back to the seat, craned his neck trying to see what Frank was up to, then adjusted himself and started to work again. (他坐回到椅子上, 引颈观望法兰克看他想要干什么, 然后调整他自己的坐姿并开始再度工作)

09. crank call, a
定义: 闹着玩的, 骚扰性或有敌意的电话.
例句: I thought it was a crank call. A man named Honey introduced himself as a big corporation's HR manager and offered me an important job. (我以为这是一通闹着玩的电话. 一个自称甜蜜的男子介绍他自己是一家大公司的人事部经理并提供我一份要职)

10. crank in, to
定义: 列入, 成为一体.
例句: We'll have to crank in both state and federal taxes when we make our plans. (当我们制定计划时候, 我们将必须要把州税和联邦税列在一起)

11. crank it up a notch, to
定义: 更上一层楼, 加速, 增强力量, 令人更紧张, 兴奋或更有趣.
例句: The Fed cranks it up a notch by announcing yesterday that it was going to buy some assets worth north of $1 trillion to pump money into the ailing economy. (联邦储备银行加大力度藉由昨日宣布它将要购买价值一万亿美元的资产来输援这个一蹶不振的经济)

12. crank it up, to
定义: 启动汽车引擎; 声音开响一些.
例句: Hey, Karen, crank it up. That's a great song. (嘿, 凯伦, 声音开响一些. 那是一首很好听的歌曲)

13. crank letter, a
定义: 敌意匿名信.
例句: The lack of a return address was one thing I noted immediately, because that became a familiar clue to the crank letter. (没有回邮地址是我立刻注意的一件事, 因为它已成为常见的敌意匿名信线索)

14. crank out, to
定义: (不在乎品质)迅速制成, 做好或创作出. (注: 经常指机器的大量生产)
例句: Can you crank out a few jokes for our school newspaper? (你可不可以替我们学校报纸多创作出一些笑话?)

15. crank up, to
定义: 加速, 增强力量; 加强努力; 开工; 启动(机器或汽车).
例句: After a dismal five years of declining lumber markets, forest companies are starting to crank up production to meet growing demands in the Chinese market. (经历惨淡的五年下跌的木材市场, 木材供应商正加紧努力生产来满足日益增加的中国市场需求)

16. cranky as a bear with a sore paw, be (as)
定义: 脾气暴躁的.
例句: I'm cranky as a bear with a sore paw today. ​​The flu seems to come back with a vengeance and I woke up with a sore throat. (我今天脾气相当暴躁. 这个感冒又猛烈地反扑回来, 我早上被喉咙痛醒)

17. crap around, to
定义: [粗俗俚语]扯淡, 闲聊, 鬼混.
例句: Yeah, I'm just crapping around this morning. I'm stuck at my desk, so internet venting is the only thing I can do now. (是的, 我今天早晨只是在鬼混. 我被困在办公桌前, 所以在网路上发牢骚是现在我唯一能做的事)

18. crap out, to
定义: [粗俗俚语]退缩, 放弃; 表现不好; 输了; 反悔或不履行承诺; 睡觉; 死亡.
例句: Pull yourself together! Don't crap out! (振作起来! 别放弃!)

19. crap up, to
定义: [粗俗俚语]塞满, 堵塞; 失败; 搞乱, 搞糟, 搞砸.
例句: I was in a rush, and I crapped it up. But you do it all the times. (我确实匆匆忙忙, 所以我把这件事搞砸了. 但是你还不是经常做错事)

20. crapper, a
定义: [粗俗语]马桶.
例句: I usually read the paper while I'm sitting on the crapper. (我平常蹲马桶时候会看报纸)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 56 访客