royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 258

帖子 royl » 周二 12月 13, 2011 10:46 pm

二十笔实用成语 258

01. crappy
定义: [粗俗语]品质糟透/烂的.
例句: What a crappy camera! Look at these terrible pictures! (真是一个烂相机! 看看这些糟糕的照片!)

02. crash a/the party, to
定义: 不请自来而闯入别人的派对.
例句: Ben and his friends crashed our party. They came uninvited. (班和他的朋友闯入我们的派对. 他们不请自来)

03. crash and burn, to
定义: [俚语]突然地彻底失败; 精疲力尽睡大觉; (车辆)撞毁并燃烧.
例句: A car crashed and burned early morning today on Buffalo Bayou Bridge. A witness said the car lose control and hit the bridge divider. (今天凌晨, 一部车辆撞毁并燃烧在巴法罗溪桥上. 一名目击者说这部车失去控制并撞上桥上分隔栏)

图片
混凝土分隔栏

04. crash course, a
定义: 速成课, 速成班, 短期训练班.
例句: He took a crash course in cooking and then bought a cafe. (他上一个短期烹饪训练班然后买了一家小餐馆)

05. crash dive, a
定义: (潜水艇)紧急下潜.
例句: In extreme emergencies submarines have had to crash dive so quickly that lookouts were left on-deck. (在极端紧急情况下, 潜艇必须紧急下潜, 其速度之快连瞭望哨兵都留在甲板上)

06. crash helmet, a
定义: 保护撞击头盔(如摩托车骑士所用的).
例句: A crash helmet is a essential personal safety device we feel every motorcyclist should be wearing whenever he/she climbs on a bike. (一副保护撞击头盔是一个重要的个人安全防护装置, 我们认为每一个摩托车骑士每次上车时都应该穿戴它)

07. crash pad, a
定义: 保护撞击垫子; 临时暂宿地方.
例句: I'm looking for a crash pad in Houston Intercontinental Airport preferably with a public transportation available. (我在寻找在休士顿国际机场附近一家最好是有公交可往返的临时暂宿地方)

08. crash program, a
定义: 速成课, 速成班.
例句: We need a crash program for alternative energy production now. And it should have been done twenty years ago. (我们现在需要一个生产替代能源的速成班, 其实它早该在二十年前成立)

09. crash the gate, to
定义: 不请自来而且不付钱地闯入.
例句: Many people didn't have a ticket for the concert so they decided to crash the gate. (许多人没有这个音乐会的门票所以他们决定不付钱地闯入)

10. crash through the window, to
定义: 撞穿窗户, 闯入屋内或逃出屋外.
例句: After knocking down the policeman who had captured them, they tried crashing through the window to escape. (在他们击倒逮捕他们的警员之后, 他们试图撞穿窗户逃逸)

11. crash with friends for a few days, to
定义: 暂住朋友家几天.
例句: I'm sure I can crash with friends for a few days, but I wouldn't want to put anyone out for more than a few days. (我肯定我可以暂住朋友家几天, 不过我不想给任何人添过多的麻烦)

12. crash, to
定义: [俚语]睡觉; 暂时住.
例句: Sometimes Donald crashes on our sofa and sleeps for hours. (有时候唐纳德暂住在我们沙发上, 他一睡就好几个钟头)

13. crash-and-burn
定义: [形容词]感到挫败的; 自我毁灭的, 用来测试并有心理准备其自我毁灭的(例如电脑所做的Alpha Test); [名词]电影里飞车追撞的特殊效果.
例句: It was a crash-and-burn moment for Allen, forcing him to quit his job as a consequence of that. (对艾伦来说, 这是个感到挫败的一刻, 结果他只有辞去这个工作)

14. crash-land, to
定义: (飞机)紧急迫降.
例句: After losing power, the pilot crash-landed the plane on a river in a remote jungle area. (在失去动力之后, 这个驾驶员紧急迫降这架飞机在一片遥远丛林中的一条河上)

15. craven coward, a
定义: 懦夫.
例句: Setting the riot police on a handful of frightened, confused asylum seekers who have fled war zones is the act of a craven coward. (命令防暴警察攻击少数的被惊吓, 不知所措的寻求政治庇护的逃离战乱难民乃是一桩懦夫行为)

16. crawl on hands and knees, to
定义: 四肢在地上匍匐爬; 卑躬屈膝.
例句: I'm so in love I'd crawl on my hands and knees over miles of broken glass to see her photo. (我在热恋中, 我愿意卑躬屈膝爬几英哩碎玻璃去看她的照片)

17. crawl out of the woodwork, to
定义: 沉寂多时, 突然出现.
例句: It's that time of year when Spandex-clad celebrities crawl out of the woodwork to plug their latest fitness regimen. (这正是每年一度的时刻让这些沉寂多时的穿着紧身体操服饰的社会名流突然出现替他们自己最新健身养生法做广告)

18. crawl to someone, to
定义: 向某人摇尾乞怜.
例句: I want you crawl to me on your knees and beg for mercy. (我要你向我摇尾乞怜, 求我原谅你)

19. crawl with, to
定义: 到处都是.
例句: The hotel was crawling with police. I couldn't count them. (这家旅馆到处都充斥着警察. 多得我都没法数)

20. crazy about, be
定义: 很喜爱, 对...疯狂.
例句: Dad's crazy about sports. He's really into baseball. (我老爸很喜爱运动. 他很痴迷于棒球运动)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客