royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 260

帖子 royl » 周五 12月 16, 2011 12:58 am

二十笔实用成语 260

01. crew cut/buzz cut, a
定义: (像军人的)平头, 小平头.
例句: According to Yale, the crew cut emerged when one of its rowers went to a barber seeking a short hairstyle which would be easy to manage and aerodynamic. (按照耶鲁大学说法, 小平头的出现是发生在它的划船选手到理发厅寻找既容易处理又阻风率低的短发发型)

图片
平头发型

02. crib death
定义: [医学术语]婴儿猝死症. 一个周岁内显然健康的婴儿在睡眠中突破无故死亡
例句: There are some strong studies that link mold to crib death. (一些深具公信力的研究显示出霉菌跟婴儿猝死症有关联)

03. crime against humanity, a
定义: 反人类罪行.
例句: As millions world wide take to the streets to protest the cover-up of the BP Gulf oil spill, there is no greater crime against humanity and the Earth itself. (当全世界数百万人走上街头抗议英国石油公司漏油事件的真相掩饰, 没有一个反人类和反地球罪行有如此之大)

04. crime against nature, a
定义: 违反自然罪, 例如同性性交或人兽性交.
例句: Most significantly, individuals convicted of a Crime Against Nature are forced to register as sex offenders. (更严重的是, 被判了违反自然罪的人必须要登记为性侵犯者)

05. Crime runs rampant and unchecked by hoodlums.
[成语句型]流氓的犯罪泛滥失控. (注: run rampant是泛滥; unchecked是无控制; hoodlums是流氓)

06. criminal lawyer, a
定义: [法律术语]刑事律师. 一个专长于刑法或刑事诉讼的律师.
例句: Having an experienced and aggressive criminal lawyer on your side is essential to a good defense. (拥有一个经验丰富的, 战斗力强的刑事律师站在你这边对一个有效的辩护是至为重要的)

07. critical mass, a
定义: 临界数量. 足够造成一个特定效果的数量.
例句: Soon this network reached a critical mass—enough people, energy, and passion—to influence the country's philosophic approach to cancer. (没多久这个组织网络达到了临界数量—足够的人数, 能量, 与热情—来感化这个国家以冷静的眼光对待癌症)

08. critical moment, a
定义: 重要关头, 关键时刻.
例句: At this critical moment, my SD card failed me. Today is not my day. ​​(正在这个关键时刻, 我的安全数码卡无法工作. 今天真不顺利)

图片
SD card

09. critical point, a
定义: 临界点, 关键点.
例句: The threat of flooding for householders was reaching a critical point today as a fresh band of rain swept across the Southeast Texas. (当新一波的雨带席卷德州东南部, 这个对住户水灾的威胁今天已经达到临界点)

10. critter, a
定义: 动物尤其是小动物.
例句: Our neighboring woods are filled with skunks, raccoons, and other critters. (我们附近的森林充满了臭鼬鼠, 浣熊, 以及其他小动物)

11. croak, to
定义: [俚语]翘辫子, 死亡, 被杀死, 谋杀.
例句: She got into politics by grabbing her husband's senate seat after he croaked. (她以抢夺她翘了辫子丈夫遗留下来的参议员席位进入政治圈)

12. crock of baloney/shit, a
定义: [粗俗语]胡说八道, 全是谎言.
例句: That is an absolute crock of baloney. Where did you hear that story? Disneyland? (这全都是谎言. 你从哪里听来这个故事? 迪斯尼乐园?)

13. crock, a
定义: 胡说八道.
例句: I believe many of these home-business plans are full of crock. Who can you trust? Where can you find a reputable company to work from at home? (我相信许多的这些家庭企业计划是胡说八道. 你还能相信谁? 你到哪里找一家可以信任的公司从家里替它工作?)

14. crocodile tears, the
定义: 假哭; 假悲伤.
例句: Her upset was just crocodile tears. She really didn't care. (她的悲伤只是装出来的. 其实她一点都不关心)

15. cronyism, the
定义: 裙带关系; 不看能力, 任人唯亲.
例句: These procedures eliminated the most blatant aspects of cronyism associated with the old boys' networks. (这些程序消除了与利益小集团有关联的裙带关系所表现出最恶形恶状的现象)

16. crook one's elbow, to
定义: 饮大量酒, 酗酒.
例句: He's now an exemplary teetotaler, was accustomed to crook his elbow a little too often for his health or his reputation. (他现在是一个为人表率的滴酒不沾的人, 他以前习惯酗酒由于太频繁伤害了他自己的健康和名誉)

17. crook, a
定义: 骗子, 骗徒, 贼头贼脑的人.
例句: The small-time crook relies on illegal activities to make a living, but doesn't have the abilities, resources, or imagination to pull off a big one. (这个小混混靠着不法活动维生, 但他既没有能力也没有资源或想像力做出一笔庞大的非法买卖)

18. crooked as a dog's hind leg, be (as)
定义: 不诚实, 不正派的.
例句: Not a lot of jobs will let you keep quitting and coming back, but if you're as crooked as a dog's hind leg and strapped to an $10 billion then miracles happen. (没有几个工作会让你不停地辞职又回来工作, 但是如果你不老实而且又拥有一百亿美元的身家则奇迹经常发生)

19. crop out, to
定义: (照片)削除, 修剪; 冒出表面, 突出, 明显可见.
例句: If you don't want to have your face in the photo, we can crop it out. (如果你不想要你的面孔出现在照片上的话, 我们可以把它修剪掉)

20. crop up, to
定义: 突然的, 意外的出现.
例句: I will meet you early next week unless something crops up that keeps me busy. (除非突然有事让我忙不过来, 我将会于下周初跟你见面)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 62 访客