royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 263

帖子 royl » 周二 12月 20, 2011 12:12 am

二十笔实用成语 263

01. cruising for a bruising, be
定义: 自找麻烦, 到处寻衅, 惹事生非, 自找打架或挨打.
例句: Ivan is a bully who's been cruising for a bruising for too long. Stand up and knock that sucker down with your full force. (长久以来, 依凡是个到处寻衅的恶棍. 勇敢地站出来, 奋力一击打倒这个可恶家伙)

02. crumble down, to
定义: 崩溃, 瓦解.
例句: We'll cheer the evil empire crumbling down and rotting in hell. (我们会欢呼这个邪恶帝国的崩溃瓦解, 让它烂在地狱里)

03. crumby/crummy
定义: [俚语]蹩脚的, 低水准的, 没用的, 没价值的.
例句: I have to live with this crummy phone for now. I lost my cell phone last night and don't have $200 to get a new one. (目前我必须耐着性子使用这只蹩脚电话. 昨晚我遗失了我的手机而且我没两百块钱买一只新的)

04. crumple zone, the
定义: (车头/尾)撞击缓冲区. (注: 将撞击力量吸收在车头/尾的前部)
例句: The crumple zone is a structural feature designed to absorb the energy from the impact during an accident by controlled deformation. (这个撞击缓冲区是一个结构特征被设计来以控制变形方式在车祸时刻吸收撞击能量)

图片
黄色部分的结构是撞击缓冲区

05. crunch time/crunch, the
定义: 紧急或关键时刻.
例句: The crunch time came when she was forced to choose between her marriage and her career. (这个关键时刻出现于当她被迫在她的婚姻及工作之间做一取舍)

06. crushing demand, a
定义: 压倒性的需求, 沉重不堪的要求.
例句: Some stores with new shipments of the HTC phones are set to sell them today, while other stores await more stock in the face of crushing demand. (有些收到宏达电手机新货的店家准备今天出售它们, 同时其他店家正在等待更多新货来应付压倒性的需求)

07. crux of the matter, the
定义: 事务/问题的核心/重点.
例句: From this we conclude that systemic change resistance is the crux of the problem and must be solved first. (从这件事我们结论出对系统改变的抗拒是这个问题的核心, 所以我们必须先解决这个问题)

08. cry all the way to the bank, to
定义: [幽默语]一路欢笑到银行. (注: 尤指在被人不看好的生意上赚到大钱)
例句: Letterman must have cried all the way to the bank because CBS signed him to an estimated $30 million/year contract to compete head-to-head with Leno. (雷特曼肯定一路欢笑到银行因为哥伦比亚广播公司跟他签下大约一年三千万的合同要他跟蓝诺正面竞争)

09. cry blue murder/cry murder, to
定义: 愤怒地/大声地抱怨, 抗议或叫喊.
例句: What kind of president are you if you are whacked in the face and you cry blue murder? Why are you howling? What are you made of? (如果你被人扇了一巴掌你愤怒地抗议你算什么总统?你为什么哀号? 你还有没有骨气? 注: 这里第三句问话是质疑别人的骨气, 勇气或胆识)

10. cry buckets, to
定义: 号啕大哭, 泪如雨下.
例句: There is grandma watching her favorite afternoon television drama and it is so sad that everyone in the room is crying buckets. (这里有一个老太太看她爱看的下午电视剧, 因为剧情太悲惨, 房间内的所有的人都泪如雨下)

11. cry down, to
定义: 贬低, 诋毁, 谴责, 把人轰下去.
例句: The meeting had been packed with friends of the director, who cried down any one who attempted to speak in opposition to his proposal. (这个会议挤满了这个主任的朋友, 他们只要看到有人试图发言反对主任的建议就轰他/她下去)

12. cry for help, a
定义: 大声喊救命, 呼救, 呼求帮助, 关心或照顾.
例句: The shepherd cried for help, but the villagers, who had grown tired of his pranks, ignored him, and the wolves devoured his sheep. (这个牧羊人大声喊救命, 但厌倦他恶作剧的村民不理睬他, 这群狼把他的羊吃掉了)

13. cry for the moon, to
定义: 要天上的月亮, 异想天开. (注: 追求不可得的事或物)
例句: I'm not crying for the moon. I just want you to finish your homework on time. (我并不是要求做不到的事. 我只是要求你准时把功课做完)

14. cry for, to
定义: 急需.
例句: The community has been crying for a solution for many years with none in sight so far. (这个社区多年来一直急需一个解决方案但到目前为止一直没下文)

15. cry foul, to
定义: 忿忿不平, 抱怨不公平.
例句: Prison inmates in Arizona crying foul over medical care. Inmates say they are denied care for months even for life-threatening conditions. (亚利桑那州监狱囚犯们抱怨医疗照顾不公平. 犯人说他们数个月来被拒绝给予医治甚至连危及生命的病况也遭拒绝)

16. cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war, to
定义: 发出战斗的呐喊, 下令屠杀及掠夺.
例句: Old Scratch has unleashed the psychopaths in the ruling elite upon America, and the world, "Cry Havoc, and let slip the dogs of war." (魔鬼已经释放出统治菁英里面这些心理变态的人来到美国及全世界, "发出战斗的呐喊, 下令屠杀及掠夺.")

17. cry havoc, to
定义: 发出警报或警告.
例句: He spent over 10 years crying havoc in the wild during the boom years but it was for naught—people were consumed by greed. (在繁荣的多年期间, 他十多年来大声疾呼发出警告但没人理会—人们都被贪婪所迷惑住)

18. cry in one's beer, to
定义: 对着啤酒哭泣, 借酒浇愁.
例句: Go to college. Get your diploma. Or someday you'll be crying in your beer. (上大学. 取得你的文凭. 否则总有一天你会悔恨地借酒浇愁)

19. cry me a river, to
定义: 你就是哭出一条河我也不会同情你.
例句: When he complained about how much he had to pay his chauffeur, I said, "Cry me a river, guy." (当他抱怨他付给他的私人司机有多少钱的时候, 我说, "你就是哭出一条河我也不会同情你, 伙计.")

20. cry off, to
定义: 打退堂鼓, 取消前约, 临时叫停(例如一个交易).
例句: He said he would help me move into my new apartment but then he cried off at the last minute. (他说他会帮我搬家到新公寓, 但他在最后一刻打退堂鼓)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 77 访客