royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 266

帖子 royl » 周四 12月 22, 2011 7:43 pm

二十笔实用成语 266

01. curl someone up, to
定义: 杀死某人.
例句: He said he'd curl up that child molester without hesitation. (他说他会毫不犹豫杀死这个儿童性骚扰者)

02. curl up and die, to
定义: 无地自容, 惭愧不已; 倒下, 死亡.
例句: I avoided mirrors at all costs, and I wanted to curl up and die when I saw pictures of myself taken since the weight gain. (我想尽办法避免照镜子, 当我看到我发胖之后的照片我简直无地自容)

03. curl up with a good book, to
定义: 卷曲侧卧看本好书. (注: 意指很舒适惬意地看书)
例句: On a cold and rainy day she likes to curl up with a good book on the couch. (她喜欢在下雨的寒天里在长沙发椅上卷曲侧卧看本好书)

04. curl up, to
定义: 卷曲身子地侧卧. (注: 意指很舒适惬意地躺卧)
例句: I drag myself out of bed to find him in the living room with the TV on, and he is curled up on the couch asleep. (我拖着我的身躯下床却发现他起居室开着电视机, 他卷曲身子在长沙发椅上睡觉)

05. curly locks
定义: 卷曲头发.
例句: The wavy long hair with styling curly locks gives a romantic image. (这个带着卷曲发型的波浪起伏长发给予人一个浪漫的形象)

图片
波浪起伏长发

06. curry favor, to
定义: 以奉承巴结寻求利益或升迁.
例句: He is trying to curry favor with the voters by handing out other people's money. (他想办法以散发别人的钱来巴结选民. 注: 意指有些候选人承诺如果他选上的话, 他会拿纳税人的钱, 反正不是他/她的钱, 找个名义来巴结他的选民)

07. curry powder
定义: 咖喱粉.
例句: It's easy to pick up a jar of curry powder at the grocery store, but if you have the basic spices, making your own is just as simple. (虽然在杂货店很容易买到一瓶咖喱粉, 但是如果你有基本的香料, 自己做咖喱粉也是一样地简单)

08. cursory reading, a
定义: 大略浏览一遍.
例句: Perhaps you would get that idea after a cursory reading. But if you take the time to read them thoroughly, I think you'd reach the opposite conclusion. (也许大略浏览一遍之后会了解它在说什么. 不过你如果抽时间彻底地读一遍, 我认为你会得到相反的结论)

09. curtain call, a
定义: 谢幕. (注: 演出结束落幕时演员出场向鼓掌的观众致意)
例句: There was no feeling like it when you did a three hour show and the feeling of achievement when you reached the curtain call was immense. (在你演出了三个小时节目之后你的感觉是无法形容的, 在谢幕的那一刻你的成就感是极为巨大的)

10. curtain falls on ..., the
定义: ...的结束, 落幕.
例句: As the curtain falls on the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks against the United States, it is worth examining more closely what allows for this exceptionalism. (当九一一对美国攻击第十周年落幕的时候, 值得仔细检验的是, 凭什么原因让美国自认它与众不同)

11. curtains for ..., be
定义: ...的完蛋, 穷途末路或死亡.
例句: If they can't get into the export market, it's curtains for the whole company. (如果他们不能打进外销市场的话, 这整家公司将要完蛋)

12. cushion the blow, to
定义: 减轻伤害或打击.
例句: This cell phone airbag would cushion the blow and make the difference between a shattered screen and a device with a few nicks and scrapes. (这个保护手机的气囊可以减轻撞击的伤害, 对于一个被摔碎的萤幕与一个被刮伤的电子装置来说还是有差别的)

13. cushy job, a
定义: 轻松的工作.
例句: Certainly, this isn't a cushy job; it will require perseverance and stamina, as well as a creative mind. (当然, 这不是一个轻松的工作; 它将要求毅力与持久力, 以及一个创造性的思维能力)

14. cuss, to
定义: [俚语]说脏话, 粗话. (注: cuss是curse的俗语)
例句: The little boy had learned to cuss. He used "damn" and "hell" a lot. (这个小男孩学会了说粗话. 他使用大量的"可恶"和"去死吧")

15. cussing
定义: [俚语/名词]诅咒, 谩骂. (注: cuss是curse的俗语)
例句: Please no cussing or swearing; foul language is allowed here on this stock chat site. (请别在这里诅咒或谩骂; 使用脏话在这个股市聊天网站是不允许​​的)

16. customer is always right, the
定义: 顾客永远是对的.
例句: Everyone is familiar with the phrase "the customer is always right." But most people usually only agree with it "except for when the customer is wrong." ("顾客永远是对的"是每人都耳熟能详的名句.但是大多数的人通常只会同意它如果再加上一个条件, "除了顾客是错的之外")

17. cut (something) away, to
定义: 将...切除.
例句: Give a full 2​​4 hours for the silicone to set. Cut the excess away with a sharp knife, stopping just short of the corner. (再给予充足的二十四小时让矽胶凝固. 拿利刃把多余的部分切除掉, 快到了角落就不要再切下去)

18. cut a caper, to
定义: 欢喜雀跃, 蹦跳嬉戏, 恶作剧.
例句: The man cried, cutting a caper for joy, when he heard that his son had been found alive and well. (当他听到他的儿子被寻找到而且仍然活着和健康, 这个男子喜极而泣, 欢喜雀跃)

19. cut a check/cut someone a check, to
定义: 开支票付给某人.
例句: They actually refused to cut her a check for the full amounts. They only gave her 1/3 of her money and told her she'd have to come back to withdraw the rest. (他们居然拒绝把全部金额开支票付给她. 他们只给她三分之一她的钱并告诉她她必须要回来把余款提走)

20. cut a dash, to
定义: 炫耀自己, 出风头.
例句: This week she cut a dash in a blue long summer dress. Her philosophy: "You have to look good if you want to make a deal. Ugly people don't win." (这个星期, 她穿着一件蓝色夏季长礼服展示自己. 她的人生观是: "如果你要成交一笔生意, 你必须要看起来漂漂亮亮的. 丑人不会赢.")

图片
夏季长礼服

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 84 访客