royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 267

帖子 royl » 周六 12月 24, 2011 3:59 pm

二十笔实用成语 267

01. cut a deal, to
定义: 洽商买卖, 做出妥协, 达成协议.
例句: I'm not going to cut a deal to sacrifice the dignity of my family and my father's integrity for the sake of politics. (我不会为了政治妥协牺牲我家庭的尊严和我父亲的清誉来达成协议)

02. cut a fine figure, to
定义: 看起来亮丽夺目或高贵大方, 引人注目.
例句: When Dianne was in her twenties she cut a fine figure in this fur jacket. (当黛安二十多岁时, 她穿着皮裘短大衣看起来亮丽夺目)

图片
皮裘短大衣

定义: 跳舞.
例句: Beijing's best swing dancers will be there to help you cut a rug so put on your blue suede shoes and your best duds. (北京最优秀的摇摆舞专家会在那儿教导你跳舞, 所以穿上你的蓝色软皮鞋和你最漂亮的舞衣)

图片
蓝色软皮鞋

04. cut a toe to fit the slipper, to
定义: 削足适履.
例句: We can't improve food quality if government officials lower the standards for some rogue companies. Cutting a toe to fit the slipper will never work. (如果政府官员为了几个无赖公司而降低标准, 我们不可能提高食品质量. 削足适履从来不会成功)

05. cut a tooth, to
定义: (婴儿)长新牙. (注: 意指婴儿的心牙穿破牙床)
例句: As soon as your infant cuts a new tooth, clean it with a soft gauze pad or baby toothbrush. (一旦你的婴儿长新牙, 你要用纱布垫或婴儿牙刷清理牙床)

图片
纱布垫

06. cut a wide swath, to
定义: 大肆炫耀, 吸引大量的注目; 造成大量伤害或死亡.
例句: Ronnie cuts a wide swath through contemporary culture with a razor sharp wit making him a standout among stand-up performers. (由于才智敏捷的禀赋使他成为脱口相声谐星中的佼佼者, 朗尼引起当代艺术界大量的注目)

07. cut a/the long story short, to
定义: 长话短说.
例句: To cut the long story short, the day I quit came as a surprise to me too because I didn't set a date before that. (长话短说吧, 我辞职的那一天让我自己也吃了一惊因为我并没有在此之前预设哪一天要辞职)

08. cut above the ordinary, be a
定义: 超出一般水平, 优秀的, 超群的, 高层社会人士的.
例句: The hot-and-sour soup that came with our meals was also a cut above the ordinary; other local restaurants seem to serve with little attention to its quality. (这个附带在我们套餐的酸辣汤超出一般水平; 其他的本地餐馆对自己供应的食物品质并不重视)

09. cut above the rest, be a
定义: 优秀的, 品质卓越的.
例句: I suspect this company has been recruiting some very clever people over the last few years and maybe people are not a cut above the rest anymore, (我怀疑这家公司过去几年雇用非常精明的人才, 也许来找工作的人已经不再是品质卓越的人才)

10. cut across, to
定义: 穿越, 越过; 包容各种不同团体.
例句: We decided to cut across the field because we were in a hurry to get to school. (我决定穿越过运动场因为我们急着赶去上学)

11. cut adrift, to
定义: 松绑, 分离, 释放, 离弃不理会, 抛在一边.
例句: With the American economy under severe pressure, small nations are cut adrift, the US is no longer willing to stick its neck out for them. (由于美国经济受大极大的压力, 一些小国被抛在一边. 美国再也不愿意替他们担风险)

12. cut along/on the dotted line, to
定义: 沿着虚线剪割.
例句: Cut along the dotted line and bring the coupon and get 10% off your entire purchase. (沿着虚线剪下来, 带着这张优惠券取得你所有购物的九折优待)

13. cut and paste, to
定义: 剪贴, (电脑)移动资料或移动档案.
例句: Without any programming skills needed, just cut and paste the script into your website and create drop-down menus. (这不需要任何的程式编排技术, 你只要把脚本语言剪贴到你的网站后再建立下拉式选单就好了)

14. cut and run, to
定义: 落荒而逃, 一走了之.
例句: The US-led coalition forces can't cut and run from Iraq because to do so would increase instability across the Middle East. (这个美国领导的联军部队不能就这样一走了之撤出伊拉克因为如此做将会增加整个中东地区的不稳定)

15. cut and thrust, to
定义: 唇枪舌剑, 一来一往地激烈辩论, 短兵相接地肉搏.
例句: The knife can be used either for attack or defense, on one or both hands, to cut and thrust or many other ways of combat. (这把刀可以使用来攻击或防卫, 可以单手或双手握住,也可以短兵相接地肉搏或其他多种方式战斗)

16. cut back benefit, to
定义: 减少或删除津贴, 员工利益.
例句: The survey also found that workers were concerned that their hours, wages and benefits would be cut back. (这个调查也发现工人注重他们的工时, 工资和员工利益可能会被删减)

17. cut back fatty food, to
定义: 减少油腻食物. (注: fatty food就是油腻食物)
例句: The best way to lose weight for kids is to cut back fatty food intake. Skip the fast food restaurants and feed them lean meat, fruits and veggies. (儿童减肥最好的方法是减少油腻食物. 别去速食餐厅, 给他们多吃瘦肉, 水果和蔬菜)

18. cut back, to
定义: 减少, 减量; 切短, 修剪.
例句: I ask my children to cut back on the time they spend in front of the TV. (我要求我儿女减少看电视的时间)

19. cut both ways, to
定义: 有利也有弊.
例句: It cuts both ways; as manager, you take the blame when your team fails. Then again, when your personnel pull it off, you take the credit too. (作为经理有利也有弊, 如果你的团队失败的话, 你要负起责任. 话又说回来, 如果你的职员得到成功的话, 你也照样居功)

20. cut class, to
定义: 逃课, 旷职, 不参与强制性的活动.
例句: She would take notes for me when I cut class. (在我逃课的时候, 她会替我记笔记)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 42 访客