royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 271

帖子 royl » 周日 1月 01, 2012 1:34 am

二十笔实用成语 271

01. cut-and-paste job, a
定义: 从多个来源找来资料的工作, 剪贴的工作, 东拼西凑的工作.
例句: The book purports to be a history but is just a cut-and-paste job of newspaper clippings. (这本书声称是一本历史书, 但它只是一个东拼西凑的报纸剪贴工作)

02. cut-and-paste, be
定义: 从多个来源找来资料的, 剪贴的, 东拼西凑的.
例句: The symptom of cut-and-paste culture seems to have spread rapidly among students, especially in cultures where copyright laws have been ignored. (东拼西凑文化的症状似乎迅速漫延在学生群体中, 尤其是在版权被漠视的文化里)

03. cut-and-try, be
定义: 实验性的, 以经验为根据的.
例句: The normal tendency to use an intuition and cut-and-try approach will usually prove to be costly, both in money and time. (运用直觉和实验性手段的自然倾向经常被证明会付出高代价的金钱和时间)

04. cute as a bug's ear/cute as a button, be (as)
定义: 娇小可爱的.
例句: Have you seen her little sister? She's cute as a bug's ear. (你见过她的小妹妹吗? 她娇小可爱)

05. cute little trick, a
定义: 可爱的小孩或女人.
例句: Who wouldn't want to cuddle a cute little trick like her? By the way, is she your daughter? (谁不想抱抱像她这样可爱的小女孩? 顺便问一句, 她是你的女儿吗?)

06. cutie-pie, a
定义: 小甜心. (注: 对爱人或小朋友的称呼)
例句: I'd love to pick you up and give you real good hug, you're a cutie pie alright. (我真想把妳抱起来给你一个热烈的拥抱, 妳真是一个小甜心)

07. cut-rate
定义: 降价的, 低价的.
例句: We bought some cut-rate lumber and built a shelter for the boat. (我们买了一些降价的木材, 建了一座储放小船的棚子)

08. cutthroat competition, the
定义: 割喉战; 恶性残酷竞争.
例句: In fact, companies that continue on the path of cutthroat competition will be left in the dust. (事实上, 这些持续在恶性残酷竞争的公司行号将会远远地落后其他竞争者)

09. cutting horse, a
定义: 截牛马. (注: 意指受过训练的马专门把一头牛从牛群分开)
例句: The cutting horse's job is to separate cattle from the herd for vaccinating, castrating, and sorting. (截牛马的工作是把牛只从牛群分开打预防针, 阉割, 和分类)

10. cyberterrorism, a
定义: 网路恐怖主义. (注: 经由网路制造破坏, 切断控制股市, 电力, 交通与通讯的行为)
例句: Today's malware, such as worms and Trojan horses, could be classified as cyberterrorism or cybercrime. (目前的恶意软件, 例如蠕虫和木马, 可以归类为网路恐怖主义与网路犯罪)

11. da bomb
定义: [俚语, 形容词]好棒, 好酷. (注: da即the)
例句: That last shot Jordan made at the buzzer was da bomb! (乔登在比赛结束一刻最后的射球真酷啊!)

12. da man, be
定义: [俚语]酷人, 很棒的人. (注: da即the)
例句: I've always wanted to find someone I could use as a role model for my future. You're da man! (我一直想找一个作我未来的楷模. 你就是这个很棒的人!)

13. dab hand, a
定义: 专家, 熟手.
例句: You should get Diane to have a look at that. She's a dab hand at getting stains out of clothes. (你应该请戴安看一看那件衣服. 她是个清除衣服污点的专家)

14. dad/daddy
定义: 父亲.
例句: I'm living with my dad at the moment, and probably will for at least a few months. (我现在跟我父亲住在一起, 可能还至少再住几个月)

15. dadgum!
定义: [惊叹语]该死的, 讨厌的. (注: 意指表达不悦或烦扰)
例句: I did everything to get rid of that dadgum fat belly but all to no avail. (我尽了一切能力除去这个讨厌的胖肚子, 但毫无效果)

16. daft as a brush, be (as)
定义: [讥讽语]傻里傻气的.
例句: He was as daft as a brush as a player but there is nothing stupid about John as manager. (他是个傻里傻气的运动员, 但作为经理, 约翰毫不愚蠢)

17. daily grind, the
定义: 每天要做的辛苦, 劳累及千篇一律工作.
例句: I'm tired of the daily grind with no break. I'm tired of having to budget every last cent, but who doesn't these days? (我厌倦无休止的辛苦工作. 我厌倦把最后一分钱都编入预算, 但近日来谁不是这样呢?)

18. daisy chain, a
定义: 雏菊花链, 环环​​相扣的一系列.
例句: The real story of the present is the shadow banking system, the unstable and massive repo market, and the daisy chain of hyper-rehypothecated collat​​eral. (目前真正的故事应当是, 阴暗的银行系统, 大规模的因无力偿付被收回的商品市场, 和环环相扣的过度再担保抵押品)

19. damage control, a
定义: 损害或损失控制.
例句: That the logical outcome of their policies will be more, not less suffering of people only makes this half-hearted attempt at damage control more annoying. (他们政策的合理结果应该是更多而不是更少的人民受到苦难,这只会使这个三心两意的损害控制企图更让人愤慨)

20. damaged goods, the
定义: 不受欢迎的人物, 受损的货物, 未婚失贞的女子.
例句: Although he hasn't been charged with the crime, politically he's damaged goods and will never get elected. (虽然他还没有因为这件犯罪被起诉, 政治上来说, 他已经是个不受欢迎的人物, 他绝对不会被选上)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 49 访客