royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 273

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 02, 2012 10:21 pm

二十笔实用成语 273

01. dance on someone's grave, to
定义: [比喻语]幸灾乐祸; 庆祝某人的死亡及你活着比某人久.
例句: Being the wealthiest 1% and his hatred of the welfare of everyone else, there will be many who will dance on his grave when he is gone. (作为最富有的百分之一以及他对别人福祉的痛恨, 他死了之后会有许多人庆祝他的死亡)

02. dance the night away, to
定义: 彻夜跳舞狂欢.
例句: We were staying in a hotel at a ski resort, where the rich were dancing the night away while poor people in the town were almost starving. (我们所住的滑雪度假区的一家饭店, 那里的富人彻夜跳舞狂欢同时这个镇上的穷人们却几乎挨饿)

03. dance to a different tune, to
定义: 改变态度, 行为或意向.
例句: I see you are dancing to a different tune now that you have inherited so much money. (我看到你的态度在开始改变因为你已经继承一大笔钱了)

04. dance to another tune, to
定义: 改变态度, 行为或意向.
例句: Karen danced to another tune after been scolded by her mom. (被她母亲斥责之后, 凯伦改变了态度)

05. dance to someone's tune, to
定义: 听命, 顺从, 遵循某人的意思去做.
例句: We can offer support, but we can't make the person dance to our tune. (我们可以提供协助, 但是我们不能强迫这个人照我们的意思去做)

06. dance to the beat of a different drummer, to
定义: 特立独行, 与众不同.
例句: I am faced with the choice to continue to dance to the beat of a different drummer or to get in line. (我面临了继续特立独行或听从别人安排的抉择)

07. dance up a storm, to
定义: 痛快地跳舞, 热舞, 狂舞.
例句: We had a fabulous evening and danced up a storm. I want to thank you for making it so special. (我们有一个极快乐的晚上, 痛快地跳舞. 我要向你谢谢让它成为一个不寻常之夜)

08. dance with the one who brought you, to
定义: 饮水思源, 忠于提携者.
例句: Don't try to get votes from big business. Stick with the workers—dance with the ones who brought you. (别费力气跟大企业争取选票. 还是继续跟工人拜票吧—饮水要思源)

09. dancer blaming the stage, a case of the
定义: 一个做不好却责怪他人的例子.
例句: I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but if you ask me, it sounds a bit like a case of the dancer blaming the stage for a bad performance. (我不想给任何人浇冷水, 不过如果你问我的话, 这听起来像一个做不好却责怪他人的实例)

10. danged if you do, danged if you don't
定义: 做了被骂, 不做也被骂. (注: 难做人, 做与不做都有人反对)
例句: Seems to me you're danged if you do, danged if you don't. I don't envy your position. (依我看来, 你做了被骂, 不做也被骂. 我幸好没面临你的处境)

11. danger money
定义: [英国]做危险工作的津贴.
例句: One third of employees believe their work equipment is hazardous but more than a quarter would compromise their health for danger money. (三分之一的员工认为他们的工作设备是危险的, 但是超过四分之一的员工会为了取得危险工作津贴牺牲他们的健康)

12. danger zone, a
定义: 危险区, 险域, 险境; 危险温度范围.
例句: The temperature range in which food borne bacteria can grow is known as the danger zone. According to USFDA, the danger zone is defined as 41°F - 135°F. (这个由食物产生细菌的温度范围通称为危险温度范围. 依照美国食品药物管理局, 此范围被界定义为华氏41度到135度之间)

13. dangle a carrot in front of someone, to
定义: 利诱, 鼓励, 激励某人.
例句: Don't just do the right thing because someone is dangling a carrot in front of you, do the right thing because it is the right thing to do. (别只因为某人的激励你才做正确的事, 你该做正确的事是因为它是正确的事)

14. dapper Dan, a
定义: 时髦男子.
例句: He looks so great in his new suit, now that's a dapper Dan! (他身着这套新西装看起来真帅, 这才是个时髦男子!)

15. dare I say ...
定义: 我敢说...
例句: Dare I say you're clutching at straws here, you're trying to justify your own wrongdoing. (我敢说你在临危抓稻草救命, 你想尽办法为你自己不道德的行为辩解)

16. dare to point out ..., to
定义: 敢于指出...
例句: If you dare to point out the bad things about this country, you're instantly branded a hater and people look at you in horror and disbelief. (如果你敢于指出这个国家的缺点, 你马上会被扣上仇恨者的帽子, 人们会以憎恶及怀疑的眼光看你)

17. daredevil, a
定义: 无畏的, 敢于冒险的人; 不顾后果地胆大妄为的人.
例句: I'm not a daredevil and have never been. I manage risk, and I treat the things that I do very seriously. (我不是一个胆大妄为的人, 从来就不是. 我控管风险, 我非常严谨地对待我所做的事)

18. dark horse, a
定义: 不被看好的得胜马; 不被看好的参赛者; 原不被看好的政治候选人由于派系妥协而被提名出线.
例句: He's the dark horse candidate who comes from behind to win his party's nomination. (他是个不被看好的候选人, 他从后面迎头赶上赢得他的政党提名)

19. dark side of the underworld, the
定义: 黑社会阴暗的一面. (注: underworld也可用于阴间之意)
例句: I'm going to take you on a journey to the dark side of the underworld and prison life, and show you the way the world really is. (我要带你走一遭让你亲身经历黑社会阴暗的一面以及监狱生活, 让你看看这个世界真实的情形)

20. dark side, the
定义: 黑暗, 邪恶的一面或本质.
例句: Most people try to hide the dark side of their personality. (大部分人都遮掩他们性格的黑暗一面)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 64 访客