royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 275

帖子 royl » 周五 1月 06, 2012 12:51 am

二十笔实用成语 275

01. David versus Goliath
定义: 以小搏大, 弱小抗衡巨大的对手.
例句: It was truly a David versus Goliath situation. But in the end, justice prevailed. (这真是个以小搏大的状况. 但最终正义得到伸张)

02. Davy Jones's locker, a
定义: 海底或海难者的坟场.
例句: Five of the pirates who hijacked a Saudi supertanker went to Davy Jones's locker with their share of a $3 million ransom, a relative said Saturday. ​​(一个亲戚于星期六说, 五名劫持沙乌地超级大型油轮的海盗带着他们三百万元赎金葬身海底)

03. dawn on me, to
定义: 我突然清楚, 我突然明白了真相.
例句: It didn't dawn on me that they're twins until I saw them together. (直到我看到他们在一起, 我突然明白了原来他们是对双胞胎)

04. dawn on, to
定义: 突然变为清楚, 突然明白了真相.
例句: It finally dawned on Peter that it's easier to pass a test when you've done your assignments beforehand. (彼得终于明白如果你把你的功课事先做完的话, 考试及格会比较容易些)

05. day after day
定义: 很多天不停地; 每天; 持续许多天.
例句: No one seems able to explain why the same problems keep coming up day after day. ​​(没有人似乎能够解释为什么这些同样问题持续发生许多天)

06. day and night
定义: 日以继夜地.
例句: We worked day and night to finish the project before the end of the month. (我们日以继夜地工作赶在月底之前完成这个工作项目)

07. day by day
定义: 一天接一天地, 逐日地, 逐渐地.
例句: The numbers of Chinese internet users are growing day by day. ​​By the end of June, 2011 Chinese internet users hit 485 million. (中国互联网使用者人数逐日地增加. 至二零一一年六月底为止, 中国网民人数达到四亿八千五百万)

08. day in and day out
定义: 日以继夜地, 长期不停地.
例句: He goes to that restaurant day in and day out and never gets tired of it. (他长期不停地去那家餐馆吃饭, 从不厌倦它的食物)

09. day in, day out
定义: 日以继夜地, 长期不停地.
例句: Day in, day out, she walked to work. I saw her every morning. (她长期不停地走路上班. 我每天早上都看到她)

10. day late and a dollar short, a
定义: 太少了, 太迟了; 因不足而没有作用.
例句: Going to a teacher for help on the last day of the semester is a day late and a dollar short. It's easier to help a student when their struggle is small. (到了学期末才去找老师求助已经太迟了.当学生的挣扎还是小的时候帮助他们比较容易些)

11. day of reckoning, the
定义: 清算的时候, 算帐的时候.
例句: It is only a matter of time before the business unit and manager responsible for it, faces the day of reckoning. (这个企业单位以及负责其事务的经理面临清算的时候只是迟早的问题)

12. day trip, a
定义: 一日游; 一日往返的出差, 出远门, 旅游.
例句: I will be visiting with an uncle in Los Angeles from Vancouver and I am planning to take my family for a day trip to Tijuana. (我将要从温哥华拜访一个住在洛杉矶的叔叔, 我正计划要带着我一家人去提华纳做一日游)

13. daylight robbery, a
定义: 敲竹杠, 被人狮子大开口要价, 被人少付钱; 光天化日抢劫.
例句: It's daylight robbery to charge that amount of money for a hotel room! (为了一间旅馆房间要这个价钱真是狮子大开口!)

14. daylight saving time (DST)
定义: 日光节约时间. (注: 也可简称DST)
例句: I've ranted about daylight saving time before but last few weeks are really bringing home just how much I hate the practice: it's pitch dark at 7 am. (我过去一直抱怨日光节约时间, 但最近几个星期让人真正地清楚了解我为什么厌恶这个政策实施: 早上七点钟天还一片漆黑)

15. days are numbered, one's
定义: 来日无多, 屈指可数. (注: 说某人只有可数的日子, 也就是说没剩多少时间)
例句: In some countries the days of smoking in restaurants are numbered. (在有些国家里, 可以在餐厅内吸烟的日子屈指可数)

16. days before
定义: 几天前.
例句: The GOP contest has featured one leader after another, and today, only three days before the Iowa caucuses, it's still unclear who the overall front-runner is. (这个共和党竞选推出了一个接一个领导人, 而今天,爱荷华党内初选剩下三天仍然尚未清楚显示谁是全面性领先者)

17. days of grace
定义: 宽限期. (注: 常指偿还信用卡债或支付保险费时虽然已经超过到期日但仍不被处罚的宽限期)
例句: Once the visa period is over, the individual has an extra 30 days of grace or travel time before being required to return to the United States. (一旦签证过期, 此人仍有三十天的宽限期或是旅游时间必须在此之前回到美国)

18. day-to-day
定义: 日常的; 每日发生的; 暂时的, 没长远打算的.
例句: It's a day-to-day existence, full of ups and downs. You make the most of your opportunities in this life. (这是一个每日发生的生存方式, 它充满了起伏无常. 你在这个生命中必须要充分利用你的机会)

19. DBMS
定义: 资料库/数据库管理系统. (注: DBMS是Database Management System的缩写)
例句: A good on-line business has to have a high quality DBMS. (一个优秀的线上企业必须要有一个高品质的资料库管理系统)

20. de facto, be
定义: [形容词]实际的, 即成事实的虽并未经正式承认; 好像被合法委任地行使权力的.
例句: After Mao's death, Deng was the de facto leader of China until he expired in 1997. (毛泽东死亡之后, 邓小平成为中国的实际领袖直到他于1997年死亡)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客