royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 276

帖子 royl » 周五 1月 06, 2012 2:47 pm

二十笔实用成语 276

01. de jure
定义: 法理的, 根据法律地, 法定的.
例句: Russian was the de facto official language of the governments of the former Soviet Union, but was not declared de jure state language until 1990. (俄语曾是前苏联政府的实际官方语言, 但一直到1990年之后才被宣布为法定官方语言)

02. dead ahead
定义: 正前方.
例句: There was a truck dead ahead so we put on the car brakes suddenly. (正前方有一部卡车, 所以我们突然煞车)

03. dead air
定义: 完全无声的一刻尤其在广播中.
例句: Having dead air during commercials or sponsorship announcements can cost networks considerable advertising revenue. (在播放广告或赞助者宣布的中间出现完全无声的一刻可能会使广播网损失可观的广告收入)

04. dead and buried, be
定义: 死亡, 消失, 淘汰, 过时, 不再存在的, 一切都过去了, 事过境迁.
例句: I won't rest until fascism is dead and buried in this country. (不把让法西斯主义从这个国家消失我不会罢休)

05. dead and gone, be
定义: 死亡, 消失, 淘汰, 过时, 不再存在的, 一切都过去了, 事过境迁.
例句: According to our research, 36 percent of Americans ages 18-34 believe the "American Dream" is dead and gone. (根据我们的研究, 百分之三十六的十八岁到三十四岁之间的美国人相信"美国梦"已经不存在了)

06. dead as a dodo, be (as)
定义: 死亡, 消失, 淘汰, 过时, 不再存在的.
例句: At three in the afternoon in early March, the beach is dead as a dodo. (三月初的下午三点钟, 这个海滩一片死气沉沉)

07. dead as a doornail, be (as)
定义: 完全而确定的死亡; 一点生气都没有; 确定完蛋的.
例句: Turns out my internet connection was dead as a doornail. I picked up the phone to call my ISP and got no dial tone. (结果是我的互联网连接完全断线. 我拿起电话准备要打电话给我的互联网服务供应商却没有拨号声音)

08. dead broke, be
定义: 完全破产, 身无分文.
例句: I will say this, the happiest I have ever been was when I was dead broke, with no job or bills, living in my sister's basement. It was great! (我这么说吧, 我最快乐的时光是我身无分文, 没有工作也没有账单, 住在我姊姊地下室的时候. 真好!)

09. dead certain
定义: 绝对确定, 非常肯定.
例句: He's dead certain that Ming-Ching is the one who told her our secret. (他非常肯定明钦就是告诉她我们秘密的人)

10. dead drop/dead letter box, a
定义: 秘密传递, 秘密传递地点. (注: 意指一个预定好的秘密地方, 两者不必相见, 作为交付情报或非法物品以换取金钱或报酬)
例句: The location of the dead drop could be a loose brick in a wall, a library book, a hole in a tree, or under a boulder, etc. (秘密传递的地点可能是墙壁上的一块松动的砖头, 一本图书馆书籍, 树上一个洞, 或大石头底下, 等等)

11. dead drunk, be
定义: 酩酊大醉, 烂醉如泥.
例句: One night, she let her guard down and got dead drunk. She didn't realize that her boyfriend took her naked pictures and posted them on the Internet. (一个晚上, 她放松警惕, 喝得烂醉如泥. 她不知道她的男友拍下她裸照并且把它们贴上互联网)

12. dead duck, a
定义: 要完蛋的人.
例句: He is a dead duck. When the police find him he will have to go to jail. (他要完蛋了. 当警方找到他的时候, 他肯定会进监牢)

13. dead easy, be
定义: 非常容易.
例句: It was so dead easy, I did it with one hand. (这非常容易, 我一只手就把它做好了)

14. dead end, a
定义: 死胡同; 僵局.
例句: The negotiations between the team and the owners have come to a dead end. (这个球队和业主之间的谈判陷入僵局)

15. dead even, a
定义: 势均力敌, 不分上下.
例句: After six events in the decathlon, these two men were dead even. (经过十项全能比赛六个项目之后, 这两人的成绩不分上下)

16. dead from the neck up, be
定义: [不尊重语]极其愚蠢的, 脑死, 脑残.
例句: If this song doesn't put a smile on your face, you must be dead from the neck up! (如果这首歌不能让你会心微笑的话, 你肯定脑残!)

17. dead giveaway, a
定义: 彻底透露出真相或意向的迹象或动作.
例句: The smile on her face was a dead giveaway that she got the job. (她脸上的笑容彻底透露出她取得了这个工作的迹象)

18. dead hand of something, the
定义: 反动, 压迫性或阻挠性的影响力或因素, 阻挠势力, 阻止进步的僵化之手.
例句: The dead hand of Reagan is at work again, making sure nothing is done to prevent yet another disaster from occurring. (这个雷根式的阻挠性影响力又在运作, 他们想尽办法促使防止另一个灾难发生的努力一事无成)

19. dead heat, a
定义: 势均力敌, 不分上下.
例句: Two men vying for a commissioner's seat with Benton Fire District 6 were in a dead heat after Tuesday night's preliminary results. (星期二晚上初选之后, 争取班顿县第六消防区局长职位的两人仍然势均力敌)

20. dead horse, a
定义: 没意义, 说到烂的话题或议题.
例句: Even if you think it's a dead horse, that doesn't mean he is not going to bring it up. (即使你认为这是一个没意义的话题, 这并不代表他不会谈及它)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 57 访客