royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 281

帖子 royl » 周四 1月 12, 2012 3:32 am

二十笔实用成语 281

01. declare war against ..., to
定义: 对...宣战, 宣告要打倒或消除...
例句: The President declared war against international terrorism and Congress quickly voted to give the White House unrestricted authority to respond. (总统对国际恐怖主义宣战, 没多久国会就很快地表决通过授予总统毫无限制的权力做出反应)

02. declare war on ..., to
定义: 对...宣战, 宣告要打倒或消除...
例句: The last time Congress passed joint resolutions saying that a "state of war" existed was in 1942, when the US declared war on Bulgaria, Hungary, and Rumania. (国会最后一次通过联合决议文表明"战争状态"存在是一九四二年当美国跟保加利亚, 匈牙利, 和罗马尼亚宣战的时候)

03. decline to speak on the record, to
定义: 拒绝公开谈论. (注: on the record即公开宣布)
例句: Several large publishers declined to speak on the record about Amazon's efforts. They are terrified and don't know what to do. (几个大型出版商拒绝公开谈论有关亚马逊公司的成就. 他们吓坏了也不知道该怎么办)

04. deep down
定义: 内心深处, 坚决相信地, 本质上, 事实上.
例句: Although deep down we all know that life is fragile, sometimes it takes a great tragedy to remind us of that fact. (虽然事实上我们都知道生命是脆弱的, 有时候需要极大的悲剧来提醒我们这个事实)

05. deep down inside
定义: 内心深处, 坚决相信地, 本质上, 事实上.
例句: I love my boyfriend but deep down inside I know he's not the guy for me. He's just too cookie-cutter and lacked personality. (我爱我的男友但是我坚决相信他不是我的适合对象. 他真是太没创造性也缺乏个性)

06. deep freeze, a
定义: 极寒状况, (两人关系)僵化冷漠.
例句: Also, such a deep freeze would kill all mosquitoes and wasps around so that you would not get problems with them next summer. (还有, 这种极寒气温会冻死附近所有的蚊虫和黄蜂, 因此到明年夏天就不会有问题)

07. deep in debt, to
定义: 债台高筑, 负债累累.
例句: The nation is deep in debt. You're paying for its debt addiction through both direct and indirect taxes. Unfortunately, it's going to bankrupt in the end. (这个国家债台高筑. 你只是经由直接和间接税捐供应它爱欠债的癖好. 不幸的是, 它最后还是会破产)

08. deep of the night, the
定义: 三更半夜, 深夜.
例句: This is the most trying time with the illness, in the deep of the night, when you are alone and all you want is a hug and a shoulder to cry on. (这是一个患病以来最艰困的时候,在这个深夜里, 当你孤独的时候, 你所想要的是一个拥抱和给予慰藉的人)

09. deep pockets
定义: [名词]深口袋, 富有, 有的是钱.
例句: Jerry can pay your legal fees. He's got deep pockets. (杰瑞能够付你的诉讼费用. 他有的是钱)

10. deep sleep, a
定义: 熟睡, 酣睡.
例句: I was in a deep sleep when the fire started, but I woke up and phoned for help. (当起火的时候我正在熟睡, 但我醒来之后, 打电话求救)

11. deep throat, a
定义: 深喉咙, 匿名告密者.
例句: He kept his identity as deep throat a closely guarded secret, even to the extent of not telling anyone in his family, until 2005. (二零零五年之前, 他严守作为匿名告密者身份的机密, 甚至于到了一个程度连他家里任何人都不告知)

12. deep water
定义: [名词]倒楣, 严重的麻烦或困境.
例句: He will be in deep water if he doesn't tell us where he spent the money. (他如果不告诉我们他在哪儿花掉这笔钱他就要倒楣)

13. deep, dark secret, a
定义: 藏于内心深处, 不可告人的秘密.
例句: She knows this relationship will never work because of the deep dark secret about her family. (由于有关她家庭不可告人的秘密, 她知道这个爱情不会有结果)

14. deeply affected by ..., be
定义: 深深受到...的感动/影响.
例句: Of course, I'm deeply affected by the plight of people suffering the world over from poverty and disease. (当然, 我深深受到全世界人们遭受贫困及疾病苦难的影响)

15. deeply concerned, be
定义: 深切地关心.
例句: China said it was deeply concerned about a preliminary ruling by a US trade body that trade practices by Chinese solar makers are hurting US producers. (中国说它深切地关心一个美国贸易机构所做出的初步裁决, 裁决指出中国太阳能制造商的贸易作法伤害了美国产品)

16. deeply disturbed, be
定义: 极为不安, 困扰或令人忧虑的.
例句: I'm deeply disturbed by your request for my advice. I have set it out and hope that even at this late stage you'll take it into account before events are irrevocable. (你要我提出建议的要求让我极为困扰. 我已经解释清楚并希望即使在这个晚期你必须在情况变成不可挽回之前慎重考虑)

17. deep-rooted/deep-seated, be
定义: [形容词]根深柢固, 深植(人心); 建构已久, 不易推翻的.
例句: The problems are far more deep-seated than we thought. (这些问题比我们想像的更为根深柢固)

18. deep-set, be
定义: [形容词]根深柢固的; 深陷的.
例句: Eyeliner is great, because it helps you to widen and emphasize your deep set eyes. (眼线笔是很有用的, 因为它帮助你的深陷眼睛更开阔及突出)

图片
画眼线

19. deep-six, to
定义: [俚语]扔掉; 扔下海里; 不再使用, 不再考虑.
例句: Let's deep-six that chapter and write a new one. (我们别再使用这一章, 重新写一章吧)

20. deer in headlights, like a
定义: 僵/愣在那儿, 受到惊吓或震惊的样子.
例句: So when you hear or read a word you can't understand, don't be like a deer in headlights. (所以当你听到或读到你不懂的一个字的时候, 别愣在那儿)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 21 访客