royl
帖子: 1767
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 285

帖子 royl » 周二 1月 17, 2012 3:58 am

二十笔实用成语 285

01. devoted staff, a
定义: 全心投入的工作人员.
例句: We have been loyal, devoted staffs who have consistently worked above and beyond what was asked of us. (我们一直是忠诚, 全心投入的工作人员, 一贯地超越了我们被要求的标准地工作)

02. dew point, the
定义: [气象术语]露点. (注: 水气凝结的温度)
例句: The condensed water is called dew when it forms on a solid surface. The dew point is a saturation temperature. (当它在固体表面形成时, 凝结的水珠称之为露水. 这个露点是一个达到饱和状态的温度)

03. diabolical scheme, the
定义: 邪恶的阴谋诡计.
例句: Famed detective Sherlock Holmes is hot on the trail of a diabolical scheme from his arch nemesis Professor ​​James Moriarty. (名探夏洛克•福尔摩斯正紧追不舍他主要对手詹姆士•摩里阿提教授的一个邪恶的阴谋诡计)

图片
福尔摩斯雕像

04. diagnosed with ..., be
定义: 被诊断有...(病症).
例句: I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder three years ago. I struggle with it. I hate it. I grieve over it. (三年前, 我被诊断出躁郁症. 我跟它搏斗. 我恨它. 我为得了这个病症悲痛)

05. diamond in the rough, a
定义: 未雕琢的钻石; 一个可造之材.
例句: She may seem shy and ordinary right now, but give her a couple more years, she truly is a diamond in the rough. (别看她现在看起来害羞和普普通通, 但假以时日, 她确实是个可造之材)

06. diaphragm spasm
定义: [医学术语]横隔膜痉挛. (注: 拳击腹部或背部造成某人短时内不能呼吸)
例句: Diaphragm spasm occurs when sudden force is applied to the abdomen which puts pressure on the solar plexus. (横隔膜痉挛发生在突然的力量击撞在腹部上, 也就是对心口撞压的时候所产生的)

图片
心口部位

07. dice with death, to
定义: 玩命, 拿性命开玩笑.
例句: You're dicing with death driving at that speed on icy roads. (在这结冰路上开这个速度, 你是在拿性命开玩笑)

08. dicey situation, a
定义: 危险的, 不稳的状况.
例句: This is not the first time that Mr. Sanchez has found himself in a dicey situation. In April, he was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault. (这并不是桑切斯先生第一次碰到一个危险的状况. 在四月份, 他因为涉嫌性侵害被逮捕)

09. dick, a
定义: [粗俗语]男性的生殖器; 男子, 家伙; [俚语]一个侦探或警探.
例句: Even in his trench coat and fedora, he didn't look like a private dick; he looked like a private lawyer. (即使他穿戴着防雨大衣和软呢帽, 他并不像个私家侦探; 他看起来倒像个私人律师)

图片
穿戴着防雨大衣和软呢帽的私家侦探

10. dickens of a time, a
定义: 过得很艰难; 受了不少罪; 吃了不少苦头.
例句: After the car slid in the ditch we had a dickens of a time getting it back on the road. (这部车滑落这条沟渠里之后, 我们吃了不少苦头才把它拖回路上)

图片
路边的沟渠

11. dickhead, a
定义: [粗俗语]蠢货, 讨人厌的人.
例句: What a dickhead. I'm not a violent person, but I would kick his butt if I ever met him. (真是一个讨人厌的人. 我不是一个诉诸暴力的人, 但我要是再碰到他的话, 我会揍他一顿)

12. dictate the tempo, to
定义: 主导或支配发展或进行的速度或节奏.
例句: After the first ten minutes, Arthur was able to completely control the game and dictate the tempo. (在比赛开始十分钟之后, 亚瑟能够完全控制这个比赛, 主导它进行的节奏)

13. dictate to, to
定义: 支配或指挥.
例句: I resent being dictated to by someone with half my experience. (我很不喜欢被一个资历只有我一半的人指挥)

14. Did I do that?
[成语句型]那是我做的吗? (注: 意指有点不相信或不想承认自己所做的事)

15. Did I say that?
[成语句型]那是我说的吗? (注: 意指有点不相信或不想承认自己所说的话)

16. Did it occur to you that he's acting funny lately?
[成语句型]你有没有注意到他最近怪里怪气的样子?

17. Did she get the better of you in the argument?
[成语句型]她是否辩倒了你? (注: to get the better of 克服自己或胜过别人)

18. Did we pick dogs as pets or the other way around?
[成语句型]是我们选狗作宠物还是狗选我们作宠物?

19. Did you have fun today?
[成语句型]你今天玩的尽兴吗? (注: fun与funny同样是形容词; fun是愉快, 尽兴之意, 而funny是好笑, 滑稽之意, 请分清楚)

20. Did you see that?
[成语句型]你看(注意)到那个吗?

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 108 访客