royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 289

帖子 royl » 周日 1月 22, 2012 8:21 pm

二十笔实用成语 289

01. dime a dozen, a
定义: 多得不稀罕; 太平常普遍了.
例句: Used cell phones are a dime a dozen. Don't buy one unless it is already locked to your carrier or will work with your carrier. (旧手机多得不稀罕. 除非它已经被锁入了你的电话公司或者它可以使用在你电话公司系统上, 别买旧手机)

02. dime novel, a
定义: 廉价小说, 便宜地情节夸张的通俗小说.
例句: Most of the dime-novel heroes were models of behavior which many children of today would follow. (大部分廉价小说的英雄是许多今日儿童会效法的行为表率)

03. dimwit, a
定义: 傻子, 笨蛋.
例句: I felt like a dimwit when I couldn't remember her name. (当我没法想出她姓名的时候我感觉像个傻子)

04. din something into someone, to
定义: 耳提面命, 重复唠叨地说教某人.
例句: My father constantly dinned it into my head that he wished me to be a lawyer and do pro bono work for the poor. (我父亲不停地耳提面命要我成为一个律师以及对穷困的人们做免费法律服务)

05. dine in, to
定义: 在家中吃饭, 在餐馆内用餐(对比于把食物外带, take out).
例句: Some nights, especially when we have meetings, we will dine in at the hotels we stay. (有些晚上, 尤其当我们开会时, 我们会在所住的旅馆里用餐)

06. dine on ashes, to
定义: 总是活在过去的失败, 悔恨中.
例句: You have achieved a lot in your life. You don't need to dine on ashes all the time. (你这一生中已经取得许多成就. 你不必要总是活在过去的失败中)

07. dine on, to
定义: 吃...食物.
例句: We dined on baked salmon rather than roast turkey this Thanksgiving with our three children. (这次感恩节我们同三个儿女不吃烤火鸡而换个口胃吃烤鲑鱼)

08. dine out on something, to
定义: 用餐中故事, 用餐中讲别人喜欢听的故事.
例句: While it's nice to dine out on your latest shiny sales figures, you have to get down to the hard work of making it happen again. (尽管在用餐中讲你的最近亮眼的销售成绩是好事一桩,你还是要开始努力工作再次创造佳绩)

09. dine out, to
定义: 在外面吃馆子, 在别人家吃饭, 不在家里吃饭.
例句: While it might be a nice way to relax and escape the kitchen once in a while, but even at non-fast food restaurants might be a big factor in weight gain. (虽然也许偶尔轻松一下, 暂时远离厨房是一个好主意, 但即使在一家非速食餐厅吃饭也可能成为体重增加的重要因素)

10. dinero
定义: [西班牙语]钱的意思.
例句: I've been reading a lot of books about how to become wealthy, and they all make it depressingly clear that it takes dinero to make dinero. (我读了许多致富的书籍, 它们都让我心灰意冷地清楚了解到, 要赚钱先要花钱投资)

11. ding-a-ling/dingbat, a
定义: [俚语]怪异的人, 笨蛋.
例句: What a ding-a-ling! I am mortified by my poor math skills. Thank you for not beating me up too badly. (真是个笨蛋! 我为了缺乏数学技巧惭愧. 感谢你没有让我太难堪. 注: 这里的beat up原是挫败别人的意思, 但我比较倾向于”让人难堪”的解释. 有时也要顾及语境才能掌握住正确意义)

12. dingbusted
定义: [粗俗惊叹语]表示愤怒, 不耐, 耻辱, 失望.
例句: You'll get used to my cryptic messages. I was referring to that dingbusted Tom, the one we all hate to talk about. (你会适应我的隐密的讯息, 我刚刚是指那个可恶的汤姆, 这个我们都不愿意谈论的人)

13. ding-dong, a
定义: 铃声; [俚语]笨蛋.
例句: Too bad, they didn't teach this ding-dong any sensitivity in college. (可惜啊, 他们在大学没教导这个笨蛋任何体恤别人的课程. 注: 这句讽刺性的话是指这个笨蛋一点都不顾及别人的尊严)

14. dining commons, a
定义: (学校)餐厅.
例句: Anyways, eating in the dining commons at my school was my least favorite option and I imagined it to be the same for every campus. (不管怎么说, 在我学校餐厅吃饭是我最不喜欢的选择, 我估计所有校区都是这样)

15. dinosaur, a
定义: 老式的人或物, 过气的人或物.
例句: Dennis is a dinosaur not because he is old but because of the old-fashioned views he holds. (丹尼斯是个老式的人物并不因为他年龄大而是因为他所抱持的守旧观点)

16. dip into a conversation, to
定义: 参与或展开谈话, 交谈.
例句: Recently I dipped into a conversation between a father and his young son. They were arguing about whether condom dispensers on campus are immoral. (最近我参与一个父亲和他年青儿子之间的谈话. 他们当时在争论设在校区内的保险套自动贩卖机是否是不道德的)

17. dip into one's pocket, to
定义: 自掏腰包.
例句: I know that John has also been first to dip into his pocket and help out any charitable cause. (我知道约翰也一直是第一个自掏腰包来帮助任何慈善事业)

18. dip into, to
定义: 动用金钱; 使用(部分); 浏览, 稍加阅读; 沾一下, 浸一下.
例句: He dipped into his savings. He had never before spent a needless penny, since all money had been earmarked for his education. (他动用了他的存款. 由于他所有的钱都被指定使用在教育用途上, 他以前从来不花没必要的钱)

19. dip one's quill in someone's ink bottle, to
定义: 捞过界, 多管闲事.
例句: Don't dip your quill in my ink bottle. I can take care of it, I don't need your help. (你别多管我闲事. 我自己能搞定这件事, 我不需要你的帮助)

20. dip one's toe in the water, to
定义: 尝试着新奇或不熟悉的事务, 看看你喜不喜欢.
例句: If you want to dip your toe in the water before you commit to actually selling something, then you can just buy the things you need at home. (如果你想要在你做出实际卖出某些货品的决定之前看看你喜不喜欢这种业务的话, 你可以只要先买一些家庭用品来熟悉一下)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 344 访客