royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 290

帖子 royl » 周一 1月 23, 2012 9:26 pm

二十笔实用成语 290

01. dip one's toes into, to
定义: 尝试着新奇或不熟悉的事务, 看看你喜不喜欢.
例句: I encourage you to dip your toes into the perfume business on a scale small enough so that you won't get hurt if you misjudge the market. (我鼓励你先尝试一下小量的香水生意; 由于规模不大以致即使你错估了这个市场你也不会受到伤害)

02. dip/put/stick a toe in the water, to
定义: 尝试着新奇或不熟悉的事务, 看看你喜不喜欢.
例句: Those who are ready to put a toe in the water are shunning European markets and committing funds to the more growth opportunities offered by emerging markets. (那些准备要做一些新尝试的人都避开欧洲市场, 而决定投资在新兴市场所提供的更多成长机会)

03. diplomatic cover, a
定义: 外交人员的身份掩护.
例句: They claim that she is part of a spy network serving under diplomatic cover. She claims she was registered with the US Embassy in Rome as a diplomat. (他们声称她是个借着外交人员身份掩护的间谍网成员. 她声称她是个在美国驻罗马大使馆登记的外交人员)

04. dipstick, a
定义: [俚语]混蛋或蠢人; 汽车引擎之量油尺.
例句: Some dipstick cut in front of me on the highway while I was taking my daughter to her one-year check-up. (当我带着我女儿去做周岁身体检查的路上, 一​​个混蛋在公路上切到我的前面)

05. dire forecast, a
定义: 灾难预告.
例句: During the mid-1980s some prominent economists regularly issued dire economic forecasts that did not materialize. (在一九八零年代中期, 一些杰出的经济专家定期地发出经济灾难预告但都没发生)

06. dire need, in
定义: 迫切急需.
例句: Ocean health is in danger, and in dire need of our help. (海洋生态陷入危机, 急需要我们的救助)

07. dire poverty, in
定义: 极度贫穷, 一贫如洗, 民不聊生.
例句: They say that 80% of Haitians live in dire poverty, but I'd say more, walking into the shantytown of Cité-Soleil is like going to hell. (人们说百分之八十的海地民众生活在极度贫穷情况下, 但我要说更多一点, 走进西堤-索雷的贫民区就像走进地狱一般)

图片
西堤-索雷的贫民区

08. direct result, a
定义: 直接造成的结果.
例句: People often behave in certain ways as a direct result of their emotional state, such as crying, fighting or fleeing. (作为他们情绪状态直接造成的结果, 人们经常表现出某些固定方式的行为, 例如哭泣, 打斗或逃离)

09. direct traffic, to
定义: 指挥交通.
例句: The victim of the accident was directing traffic around the scene when he was hit by a driver who claimed he was suffering from a medical condition. (当他被一个声称遭到病况突发的驾驶人撞倒的时候, 这个车祸的受害者正在现场指挥交通)

10. directional signal, a
定义: [汽车术语]汽车方向指示灯.
例句: As trooper Foster attempted to get closer to the vehicle, he observed it weaving in and out of traffic without using directional signals. (当福斯特州警员试图接近这部汽车, 他注意到它不打方向灯在车阵里钻进钻出)

图片
汽车方向指示灯(directional signal也称turn signal)

11. directly across the police station
定义: 在警察局的正对面.
例句: This daylight robbery was so brazen, it happened at a gas station on North 8th Avenue, directly across the police station. (这个光天化日的抢劫非常嚣张, 它发生在一家位于北第八街的加油站, 就在警察局的正对面)

12. dirt cheap
定义: 很便宜的.
例句: She needed money badly. So she had a yard sale in which she sold a lot of her things dirt cheap. (她非常急需钱. 因此她举行一个宅前旧货拍卖, 在那儿她很便宜地卖掉许多东西)

图片
出清家里没用旧货的宅前廉售(yard sale或garage sale)

13. dirtbag, a
定义: [俚语]坏人, 令人厌恶之人, 卑鄙小人.
例句: The guy is a sleazy dirtbag that doesn't deserve his position. He cares more about himself than the children he serves. (这个家伙是个不道德的卑鄙小人不配担当他的工作职位. 他关心他自己比关心他服务的儿童还更多)

14. dirt-poor
定义: 极为贫困的.
例句: I was growing up dirt poor. I guess you could say the house I lived in or the clothes I wore or the food I ate was truly poor but not in my soul. (我从极为贫困的环境中长大. 我想你可以说我所住的房子或穿着的衣服或吃的食物确实贫乏, 但我的灵魂却不贫乏)

15. dirty as dirty can be, be (as)
定义: 极度地肮脏的, 下流的或卑鄙的.
例句: He is as dirty as dirty can be in the scandal. It's a matter of time before somebody gets seriously hurt. (在这个丑闻中, 他极度地卑鄙. 迟早会有人受到严重伤害)

16. dirty book, a
定义: 色情淫秽的书.
例句: It became most famous because of its obscenity trial during the 1960's, Lady Chatterley's Lover is far from a dirty book. (由于在一九六零年期间的淫秽审判使它变为极度轰动, 查泰莱夫人的情人根本不是一本淫秽的书)

17. dirty deal, a
定义: 肮脏, 不公平或诈欺的交易.
例句: Double-dealing Democrats and compromising Republicans made a dirty deal with the President and gave him what he wanted for his 2012 election. (诈欺的民主党员和没原则的共和党员跟这个总统达成了一笔肮脏交易, 给他二零一二大选所要的好处)

18. dirty dog​​, a
定义: 不可信赖之人; 卑鄙, 无耻的小人; 肮脏的狗.
例句: I believe he is a dirty dog​​. Jenny, for your sake we hope this isn't true but it's time to stop dating him. (我相信他是一个无耻小人. 珍妮, 为了你的前途着想我希望这不真的但妳应该要停止跟他交往)

19. dirty joke, a
定义: 淫秽的, 猥亵的, 粗俗的笑话.
例句: Some people love to tell dirty jokes and think they are funny, I beg to differ because some of them are not only offensive but also racist. (有些人很喜欢说淫秽粗俗的笑话还以为它们好笑, 恕我不同意因为有些笑话不但令人厌恶而且带有种族歧视偏见)

20. dirty laundry/linen, a
定义: 可能造成尴尬或苦恼的私人事务; 见不得人的私人丑事.
例句: Why do some people think it is OK to air their dirty laundry on social media? Do they realize that this behavior can affect their future employment opportunities? (为什么有些人认为在社会媒体上抖出私人丑事是可以的? 他们了不了解这样行为会影响到未来求职机会?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 292 访客