royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 291

帖子 royl » 周四 1月 26, 2012 3:51 pm

二十笔实用成语 291

01. dirty money, a
定义: 肮脏钱, 赃款或非法取得的金钱.
例句: By the way, I don't need your dirty money to survive college. I am doing fine without it. (顺便说一声, 我不需要你的肮脏钱来读大学, 我没有你的钱也过得很好)

02. dirty old man, a
定义: [不尊重语]老色鬼.
例句: That dirty old man in the park tried to touch me! (那个在公园的老色鬼想要摸我!)

03. dirty one's hands, to
定义: 做一些丢脸的或非法的事; (不在乎弄脏手)老实做事; 做弄脏手的工作.
例句: If you want to be successful, work hard, dirty your hands, and go beyond what you think is possible. (如果你想成功, 你要努力以赴, 不在乎弄脏手地老实做事, 超越自我的极限)

04. dirty rat, a
定义: [俚语]卑鄙小人, 骗子, 叛徒.
例句: Be careful of this dirty rat. She is a great liar and pretender. She will pretend to love you very much for your money and property. (小心这个卑鄙小人. 她是个大骗子和伪装者. 她会假装很爱你其实是爱你的钱财和家产)

05. dirty trick, a
定义: 狡诈卑鄙的手段.
例句: We have tons of sympathy for people whose homes are being foreclosed but not for those who play dirty tricks to swindle them. (我们非常同情那些缴不出房贷使房屋被没收的人们但憎恶那些使用卑鄙手段骗取房屋的骗徒)

06. dirty weekend, a
定义: 充满情趣或性行为的周末; [英澳]未婚男女周末发生性行为.
例句: A dirty weekend is just what you need to reignite the spark or make it burn even brighter. (一个充满情趣的周末正是你所需要用来重新点燃爱情火花或让它烧得更炽烈)

07. dirty word, a
定义: 脏话; 淫秽的, 猥亵的, 粗俗的话; 可憎的, 丑恶的, 不能容忍的话.
例句: Feminism became a dirty word when the feminist movement achieved what is referred to as the reverse discrimination tipping point. (当女权运动达到被人视为反向歧视临界点的时候, 女权运动成为一句脏话)

图片
女权运动/妇女解放运动游行

08. dirty work, a
定义: 令人不愉快, 没水准的, 吃力不讨好的工作.
例句: I'm mad as hell. I did all your dirty work, took abuse from you, and catered to all your whims. (我气疯了. 我为你做了所有吃力不讨好的工作, 受你的糟蹋, 还要迎合你的随心所欲)

09. dis/diss, to
定义: [俚语]不尊重, 藐视, 羞辱; 挑剔, 批评.
例句: I'm sorry to hear that you got dissed by a cashier. I'm sure if you talk to the store manager about your horrible experience, he or she will do something about it. (我很遗憾地听到你被一个收银员不尊重. 我肯定如果你跟店长抱怨你的可怕经验, 他或她会设法改善这个问题)

10. disagree with ..., to
定义: 反对, 不同意(某人).
例句: I don't disagree with you at all. I was only commenting on the fact that you seem to worry too much about the little things and forget about the whole picture. (我一点都不反对你. 我只是评论你似乎太担心细节而忽略了全局的这个事实)

11. disappear into thin air, to
定义: 凭空消失, 消失得无影无踪.
例句: Have you seen my calculator? It seems to have disappeared into thin air. (你看到我的计算机吗? 它好像凭空消失了)

12. disappear off the face of the earth, to
定义: 从地球上消失, 完全消失, 消失得无影无踪.
例句: Just to let you know, I haven't disappeared off the face of the earth. I've been hard at work writing stories for children. (只是让你知道, 我还没从地球上消失. 我一直在努力写作儿童故事)

13. disaster waiting to happen, a
定义: 迫在眉睫的灾难, 将要来临的灾难, 隐患.
例句: The healthcare plan is a disaster waiting to happen. America is already running a massively wasteful public health industry. Why do we need a new one? (这个医疗健保计划是个将要来临的灾难. 美国已经有了一个浪费至巨的公共健保业务在营运. 我们为什么还要一个新的?)

14. disc brake, a
定义: [汽车术语]盘式煞车或制动器.
例句: Compared to drum brakes, disc brakes offer better stopping performance, because the disc is more readily cooled. (跟鼓式煞车相比, 盘式煞车提供更佳的制动功能, 因为煞车盘散热比较快)

图片
盘式煞车

15. disc/disk jockey (DJ), a
定义: [俚语]电台音乐节目主持人; 派对或舞会播放音乐的主持人.
例句: The best man robbed the DJ at the wedding reception. Cops hear a lot of crazy stories, but this one may take the cake—or at least the wedding cake. (这个伴郎在婚礼上抢劫了播放音乐主持人. 警察们听过许多疯狂故事, 但这个故事最疯狂—或者说婚礼上最疯狂的故事)

图片
舞会播放音乐的主持人

16. discerning customer, a
定义: 高品味的客户, 名家.
例句: The demand for our product and service thrives thanks to discerning customers who want the finest in woodworking quality. (由于高品味客户对木制工艺品极精美品质的要求, 我们产品及服务的需求很兴旺)

17. discerning eye, to have a
定义: 高品味的, 有鉴赏力的.
例句: Even though my three daughters all have a discerning eye, the fatherly concern still forces me to pass my judgment on the boys they are dating. (虽然我三个女儿都具有高品味, 作为父亲的关切仍然强迫我对她们所交往的男友评头论足)

18. disco
定义: 跳舞俱乐部; 迪斯可音乐.
例句: During the disco era, many nightclubs would commonly host disco dance competitions or offer free instructional lessons. (在迪斯可音乐流行的时期, 许多夜总会一般会举办迪斯可跳舞竞赛或提供免费舞蹈教学课程)

图片
具有迪斯可舞风格的图案设计

19. discreet vs. discrete
定义: [易混淆字或片语]discreet(形容词)小心的, 慎重的, 不招人注意的; discrete(形容词)不连续的, 离散的, 抽象的.

20. discriminate against ..., to
定义: 歧视...
例句: Employers cannot discriminate against you because of your race, national origin, gender, religion and because of other characteristics. (雇主不允许因为你的种族, 国籍, 性别, 宗教信仰等背景以及其他的特性歧视你)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 323 访客