royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 294

帖子 royl » 周三 2月 01, 2012 3:50 pm

二十笔实用成语 294

01. divine right, the
定义: 神权, 君权神授. (注: 统治者宣称他的权力来自神而非人民)
例句: The Chinese concept of "Mandate of Heaven" was similar to the European notion of the divine right of kings in that sought to legitimize rule from divine approval. (中国"天命"这个观念与欧洲的君权神授的想法相似, 都是寻求神的许可来合法化其统治)

02. divorce rate, the
定义: 离婚率.
例句: The grass isn't always greener on the other side, divorce can be hard on children, and lifestyle is often diminished; why is the divorce rate still so high? (别以为别人的生活比较幸福, 离婚对儿女伤害大, 而且离婚后生活圈子也经常缩小; 但为什么离婚率还是那么高呢?)

03. DIY
定义: 自己亲手做, 自己动手做. (注: DIY是Do-It-Yourself的缩写)
例句: I went to a DIY store and bought the materials to build a bed. (我去自己动手做商店买了一些材料来做一张床)

图片
自己动手做商店

04. DNA
定义: 脱氧核糖​​核酸; 人格特质.
例句: It's the poor people who feel desperately let down. The President doesn't get it because it is not in his DNA. It is not what drives him in his politics. (人民感觉极度地失望. 这个总统却不明白人民的痛苦因为这不是他的人格特质. 关心人民福祉并不是驱使他参政的原动力)

05. do a 180, to
定义: 作180度转弯或转变; 变挂, 反悔. (注: 意指原来持反对意见变为赞成的或原来持赞成意见变为反对的)
例句: When the boy on the motorcycle saw the police car, he did a 180 and sped off. (当这个骑摩托车男孩看到警车时候, 他作180度转弯逃逸)

06. do a belly flop, to
定义: 肚皮撞水的跳水动作.
例句: Last weekend, I went to a pool party at John's house. John was trying to be funny and did a belly flop in the pool to make a big wave for the kids. (上个周末, 我去约翰家一个泳池派对. 约翰想要逗乐, 做了一个肚皮撞水的跳水动作给小朋友造成一个大浪)

图片
泳池派对

07. do a bunk, to
定义: [英国俚语]逃走, 不付钱而溜走.
例句: Shortly after the birth of her son, Latisha did a bunk, emptying her bank account before taking off for parts unknown. (在她生下儿子之后, 拉缇夏立即不付钱而溜走, 把她的银行帐户清光逃到不知名的地方)

08. do a Devon Loch, to
定义: 快要赢时马前失蹄, 突然失常致败.
例句: One bloke did a Devon Loch at the race course and stopped running with 200m to go and got passed by a bloke who was 2 minutes behind. (一个家伙在跑道上快要赢时突然失常, 距终点两百公尺前停下来, 被另一个落后两分钟的家伙超过)

09. do a dime, to
定义: [俚语]在监狱关十年, 坐十年牢.
例句: The bottom line is that money talks. You can be a scumbag who kills children and still only do a dime if you have money. (这个底线是有钱可使鬼推磨. 你可以是个杀儿童的卑鄙小人, 如果你有钱的话你只坐十年牢)

10. do a disappearing act, to
定义: 开溜, 逃逸, 消失.
例句: David Reiner simply vanished after stealing a million dollars from day care centers. Why Reiner turned into a thief and did a disappearing act was a mystery. (大卫•莱恩纳从托儿所偷了一百万元之后就这样消失了.为什么莱恩纳变成一个贼和逃逸仍然是个谜)

11. do a disservice, to
定义: 帮倒忙, 伤害或虐待.
例句: If we shy away from these efforts for simply being nice to one another, we water down all initiatives, and we are only doing a disservice to our goal. (如果我们回避这些努力只是为了不想相互伤了和气, 我们冲淡所有的主动性, 而且我们对目标的达成只有伤害)

12. do a double take, to
定义: 惊讶地愣一下才恍然大悟, 再次细看某人或某物一次. (注: 常用于喜剧的设计)
例句: She did a double take when she saw her old boyfriend with another woman. (当她惊讶地看到她的旧情人跟另一女子在一起的时候, 她再次细看他们)

13. do a flip-flop, to
定义: 发出啪嗒啪嗒声音; 后手翻; 做180度转弯或转变; 变挂, 反悔. (注: 意指原来持反对意见变为赞成的或原来持赞成意见变为反对的)
例句: He eventually caved in to the public pressure, and did a flip flop, changing his opinion from in favor of the defendant to against her. (他终于屈服于公众压力, 做了180度转变, 改变了他从有利于被告变为不利她的判决)

14. do a gig, to
定义: 做一个音乐或娱乐表演.
例句: We played as if we were doing a gig with an audience. The colors, the feeling, and the rhythm – everything matched. (我们演奏音乐就好像我们在观众前表演一样. 现场的灯光颜色, 感觉和节奏–一切都配合得很好)

15. do a great service, to
定义: 做出伟大贡献, 无私的或服务.
例句: You actually did a great service by sponsoring a worthy cause. (你其实对一件善举做出伟大贡献)

16. do a job on ..., to
定义: 完全摧毁, 伤害或使某人狼狈不堪.
例句: They didn't do a job on us, and we are the ones who did it to ourselves. (他们并没有击败我们, 是我们击败我们自己)

17. do a moonlight flit, to
定义: 漏夜溜走以逃避债务.
例句: If you do a moonlight flit you'll probably be liable for rent until June next year and that could get messy and expensive! (如果你漏夜溜走以逃避债务的话, 你肯定要对一直到明年六月的房租负责, 这可能会很麻烦和付出高代价的!)

18. do a number on, to
定义: 取笑, 戏弄; 伤害, 欺负; 耍手腕欺骗.
例句: They did a number on us when we bought this used car. It's not reliable at all. (他们在我们买这部旧车的时候欺骗我们. 这车子一点都不牢靠)

19. do a one-eighty, to
定义: 做180度转弯或转变; 变挂, 反悔. (注: 意指原来持反对意见变为赞成的或原来持赞成意见变为反对的)
例句: This morning, my dog​​ was sniffing around my neighbors' yards. When I hollered, he did a one-eighty and headed back to me. (今天早上, 我的狗在邻居院子到处闻来闻去. 我大声叫它回来的时候, 他做180度转弯跑回我的身边)

20. do a runner, to
定义: [英国俚语]逃走, 不付钱而溜走.
例句: And I wasn't nervous until about two minutes before I had to get on the stage, at which point I nearly did a runner. (直到我必须上台之前两分钟我并不紧张, 就在那个时刻我几乎想逃走)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 298 访客