注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 297

帖子 royl » 周一 2月 06, 2012 5:32 pm

二十笔实用成语 297

01. Do me a favor.
[成语句型]帮我个忙.

02. do me for, to
定义: 我有足够地供应.
例句: Nah, just one drink will do me for now. You can give me another one later. (不行了, 我一杯酒就够了. 你待会儿可以再给我另一杯酒)

03. do me until, to
定义: 供应我直到某日; 让我足够到某日.
例句: This will do me until this evening when I have my dinner. (这食物可以让我饱到晚上吃晚餐的时间)

04. do more damage than ..., to
定义: 比...造成的伤害还更多/更大.
例句: The sledgehammer did more damage than a tack hammer, but it was in the hands of an idiot who didn't use it for its intended purpose. (这大锤比平头钉锤造成的伤害还更大, 但它是被操纵在一个不使用它在应该用途​​的白痴手上)

图片
大锤
图片
平头钉锤

05. do more harm than good, to
定义: 造成坏处多于好处, 弊多于利.
例句: Did you know that taking antibiotics when you or your child has a virus may do more harm than good? (你知道吗, 当你或你的小孩感染病毒的时候服用抗生素可能对你身体弊多于利? 注: 这里的antibiotics是杀死细菌的药剂, virus是病毒而不是细菌)

06. do more of the same, to
定义: 继续做同样的事; 还是做同样的事.
例句: The reason why people keep doing more of the same old thing that doesn't work is that it seems the most logical thing to do at the time. (人们之所以继续做同样的没效果事情是因为它似乎在当时是最符合逻辑的必须要做的事情)

07. do nothing for ..., to
定义: 对...一点帮助都没有.
例句: Each time I tried I would break out in rashes and it would do nothing for my skin. (每次我试用它的时候我会发出红疹子, 它对我的皮肤一点帮助都没有)

08. do nothing to enhance, to
定义: 对加强...没有帮助.
例句: While this sounds fine, it will do nothing to enhance your language skills and will also entail that you do not make the most of your experiences overseas. (尽管这事听起来不错, 它对加强语言技巧没有帮助, 也会造成让你无法充分享受你在海外的经验)

09. do one (some) good, to
定义: 对自己有好处的或有帮助.
例句: Now that you've slimmed down, you don't have to exercise every single day. ​​It would do you some good to take a walk every day. ​​(既然你已经减肥成功了, 你不须要每天做运动.每天出门散步对你是有好处的)

10. do one better than ..., to
定义: 比...做的更好, 比...更优良.
例句: Making a fresh start for him on the subject in my opinion will do him better than pushing his way through obstacles. (依我的意见, 他重头开始研读这个课程比他硬闯一个接一个难关还会更有效果)

11. do one proud, to
定义: 引以自豪, 使人有光彩.
例句: I see you have got some veggies on your tray, you do you mom proud. (我看到你拿了一些蔬菜在你的餐盘子上, 你让你母亲自豪)

图片
自助餐的餐盘

12. do one's best, to
定义: 尽力而为, 全力以赴.
例句: Just do your best and enjoy the experience. (你只要尽力而为, 享受这个竞争过程就好了)

13. do one's bit, to
定义: 尽自己一份心力.
例句: Study hard, become a scientist, do her bit for mankind and hope that her example inspires oppressed women the world over. (努力读书, 成为一个科学家, 为人类尽自己一份心力, 希望她的榜样激励全世界被压迫的女性)

14. do one's business
定义: [俚语]排便, 尿尿.
例句: Just when we came back from the walk, Lucky started doing his business on the carpet. While I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the carpet he would start barking at me. (就在我们散步回来之后, 好运马上在地毯上便便. 当我趴在地上擦洗地毯的时候, 他开始对我吠叫)

15. do one's daily dozen, to
定义: 早上做日常运动或体操或固定工作.
例句: I've started back on my workouts. I do my daily dozen on my yoga DVD. If you know the poses you don't have to use the DVD. (我已经重新开始做我的运动. 我每天早上看瑜伽光碟做我的运动. 如果你熟悉这些姿势的话, 你就不必使用这个光碟)

图片
瑜伽运动

16. do one's damndest/damnedest, to
定义: 尽一切努力.
例句: For years, I've done my damndest to distance myself from all the Obama groups I was associated with, to clean out my overstuffed inbox. (多年来, 我已经尽了一切努力跟我过去所结交的奥巴马团体保持距离, 并清除我被塞满的电子邮件信箱)

17. do one's duty, to
定义: 尽职, 尽责; 上厕所.
例句: I told him at the time that this would not prevent me from doing my duty to the job, and that includes performing daily tasks. (我当时告诉他这不会阻止我在工作上尽职, 而且包括执行日常任务)

18. do one's face, to
定义: 化妆.
例句: She would not be caught dead out in public without doing her face first. She wouldn't even go to take the garbage out without putting on full makeup. (她打死也不愿意没化妆出现在公众面前. 她甚至于不愿意不先化好妆就出们丢垃圾)

19. do one's heart good, to
定义: 使自己心满意足; 使人神高气爽, 使人高兴.
例句: Kate did it very gracefully when she's interacting with the children; she seems very natural, and that did my heart good. (凯特跟小朋友互动的时候非常优雅得体; 她表现得非常自然, 使我心满意足)

20. do one's homework, to
定义: 事先做好准备工作.
例句: If you've done your homework, you will do just fine. (如果你事先做好准备工作的话, 你会做的很好)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 254 访客