royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 303

帖子 royl » 周一 2月 13, 2012 10:08 pm

二十笔实用成语 303

01. dodge the column, to
定义: 偷懒, 怠工.
例句: If I take care of my daughter first, you would say that I'm dodging the column an​​d trying to pass the buck. (如果我先照顾我女儿的话, 你会说我在偷懒以及逃避责任)

02. doe-eyed
定义: [形容词]无辜, 单纯, 天真, 无邪.
例句: If the war starts, tens of thousands of innocent civilians, including doe-eyed children, would inevitably be killed or maimed or orphaned. (如果战争一旦爆发, 数万名无辜的平民百姓, 包括天真无邪的儿童,将会不可避免地被杀戮或重创或成为孤儿)

03. Does a cat have your tongue?
[成语句型]你怎么不说话了? 是不是猫叼走了你的舌头?

04. Does he have anything to say?
[成语句型]他有什么话要说/辩解?

05. Does it not occur to you ...?
[成语句型]你难道没想到...?

06. Does that mean anything to you?
[成语句型]这个难道对你不重要吗?

07. Does the word mean anything to you?
[成语句型]这个字对你没意义吗?

08. Does this dish come with any vegetables?
定义: [餐厅用语](客人问)这道菜里有附带蔬菜吗?

09. dog and pony show, a
定义: 精心制作地公关或销售的展览; 盛大的表演. (注: 有肤浅无实质之意)
例句: The entire voting system is nothing but a dog and pony show designed to give the American people an illusion of real choice and power. (这个整套投票系统只不过是一场精心制作的盛大表演用来给美国选民一个拥有真实选择和权力的幻觉)

10. dog breath
定义: [名词]口臭; 恶臭.
例句: A girl is griping about a man who seems to haven not had a bath in ten years and smells like dog breath sitting in a public library. (一个女孩正在抱怨一个好像有十年没洗澡的男子, 身上带有恶臭地坐在公共图书馆里)

11. dog cheap, be
定义: 非常便宜的.
例句: Dayton, Ohio ranks as one of the top ten dog cheap housing markets. It's a home buyers' market. (俄亥俄州的代顿市名列为十大最便宜的房地产市场. 它是个房屋买方市场)

12. dog days of summer, the
定义: 炎夏.
例句: People tend not to realize that during the dog days of summer, the temperature inside a car can climb to well above 100ºF degrees in just a matter of minutes. (人们比较不了解在炎夏期间, 短短的几分钟之内汽车内部的温度可以骤然上升超过华氏一百多度)

13. dog in the manger, a
定义: 占着茅坑不拉屎的人, 自己用不着的东西也不给别人用的人. (注: manger是马槽)
例句: Don't be a dog in the manger. If you have something that you don't need and you know that someone else really needs it, don't keep it just for spite. (别占着茅坑不拉屎.如果你有个东西你用不着而且你明知道另外某人确实需要它的话, 别只为了积怨扣着它不放)

14. dog it, to
定义: 偷懒, 逃避工作.
例句: Bill admits he's been dogging it lately. He feels so lacking in energy. (比尔承认他最近一直在逃避工作. 他老觉得精神不济)

15. Dog my cats!
定义: [惊叹语]天啊! 表示惊讶之语.
例句: Dog my cats! I can't believe I did it! (天啊! 我真不敢相信我做到了!)

16. dog poop
定义: 狗粪便.
例句: One of the worst places to leave dog poop is next to a storm drain thinking it'll be washed away. It will actually pollute your own water supply. (留下狗粪便最糟的地方之一是在排水沟的旁边认为它会被冲走. 其实它会污染你自己的水源)

17. dog tag, a
定义: 狗牌, 指认军人或宠物的金属识别牌.
例句: At that time nobody had a dog tag in their boot. Then in 1969 on my second tour in Vietnam I was issued 4 dog tags that you could put one in each boot. (在那个时候没有人把识别牌放在大皮鞋内. 然后在1969年我第二次到越南服役时我被发放了四片识别牌, 你可以每一只大皮鞋内放一片)

图片
军人的金属识别牌
图片
美国军人大皮鞋

18. dog, a
定义: [俚语](不尊重语)平庸俗气的女子; 品质低劣的物品; 低利润或不赚钱的投资.
例句: "She's a rea​​l dog," he said cattily. "You're only average," he said meanly. ("她是个丑女人,"他恶毒地说. "妳嘛只是普普通通,"他刻薄地说)

19. dog-eared neighborhood, a
定义: 荒废老旧的区域.
例句: But the dog-eared neighborhood may once again find itself at the forefront of social change. (但是这个荒废老旧的区域也许会再一度见到它自己居于社会潮流更变的领导位置)

20. dog-eat-dog world, a
定义: 这是一个狗咬狗(无情竞争的)世界.
例句: You have to look out for your own interests; it's a dog-eat-dog world. (你必须要保护你自己的权益; 这是一个无情竞争的世界)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 308 访客