royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 305

帖子 royl » 周五 2月 17, 2012 9:52 am

二十笔实用成语 305

01. dolled up/all dolled up, to get
定义: 穿着打扮时髦, 明艳尤其去赴一特殊场合的宴会.
例句: I was all dolled up at the time, which I thought influenced the traffic cop's decision to let me off the hook. (我当时穿着打扮时髦, 我想这就是影响这个交通警察决定放我一马的原因. 注: 这里的let me off the hook也可以解释为, 交通警察没给她开交通违规罚单)

02. dolly bird/dolly, a
定义: [英国]年轻貌美女子.
例句: John's secretary is not just a dolly bird but behind her innocent and often over-made up face is an intellectual brain. (约翰的秘书不但是一个年轻貌美女子而且隐藏在她无邪和浓妆艳抹脸庞之后是一个聪颖的脑子)

03. dominance over ..., one's
定义: 对...占优势; 支配...; 领导...
例句: Domestic pets, in a similar manner to wolves, often try to establish dominance over other members of their household, including humans and other animals. (家里的宠物, 跟群狼同样的方式, 经常尝试树立对它们家中成员,包括人类与其他动物, 的支配地位)

04. dominate the market, to
定义: 支配, 领导某个市场.
例句: China dominates the market for rare earth elements, which are required to make mobile phones and flat-screen TVs, among many other products. (中国支配着稀土市场, 除了许多其他产品之外, 它们是制造手机与平板电视机必要原料)

05. domineer over, to
定义: 盛气凌人, 颐指气使.
例句: When we were boys, my older brother always tried to domineer it over me. (在我们孩提时代, 我哥哥总是对我颐指气使)

06. Don Quixote, a
定义: 不切实际的理想家. (注: 出自西班牙作家赛凡提斯的小说唐吉诃德)
例句: I'd kind of like to be a present-day Don Quixote by making right all of the wrongs in the world. (我想作一个现代的唐吉诃德来匡正世界上所有的不公不义)

07. donate/give blood, to
定义: 捐血.
例句: You are eligible to donate blood if you are in good health, weigh at least 110 pounds and are 17 years or older. (如果你身体健康, 体重超过一百一十磅以及年满十七岁的话, 你合乎捐血的条件)

08. done and dusted, be
定义: 全部办妥并准备接受下个任务.
例句: The deal was supposed to be done and dusted by last night, but yet another delay blamed this time on the late arrival of the official. (这笔交易本应当昨晚就办妥, 但这次由于这个官员的迟到受到再一次延宕)

09. done deal, a
定义: 最终的决定或协议; 木已成舟, 板上钉钉.
例句: It's not a done deal yet. But we're close. (这件事还没板上钉钉. 但我们已经很接近了)

10. done for, be
定义: [形容词]输了, 完了, 整垮了, 无力回天.
例句: We were almost done for until Tim hit a home run and we won the game. (直到提姆击出一支全垒打让我们赢得这场比赛之前我们几乎要输了)

11. done good, have
定义: 做的好, 干的好.
例句: After watching the race, my dad said, "You have done good, son." (看完了比赛之后, 我老爸说, "儿子, 你干的好.")

12. done in, be
定义: [形容词]累坏了, 累垮了.
例句: I'm really done in! I think I'll go to bed. (我简直累垮了! 我想我要上床睡觉了)

13. done it all, to have
定义: 见过世面, 什么都干过; 看得多了.
例句: Every man who is high up loves to think that he has done it all himself; and the wife smiles, and lets it go at that. (每个高官权贵都喜欢自认为他什么世面都见过了; 而他的妻子却表面上微笑, 也不想跟他计较. 注: 这里的lets it go at that也可以解释为, 不想戳破他的自满)

14. done like a dog's dinner, be
定义: [澳洲]溃不成军, 被整的死去活来, 累垮了.
例句: Tom was done like a dog's dinner in the rematch and got slaughtered again. (汤姆在重赛上被打得溃不成军, 再一次被痛宰)

15. done thing, the
定义: 所应该表现的适当, 正当或正派行为.
例句: Don't forget to shake hands, make eye contact, introduce yourself, and offer your business card – it's the done thing, you know. (别忘了跟人握手, 眼睛看着人家, 介绍你自己, 以及主动拿出你的名片– 你要知道这是应该表现的适当行为)

16. done to death, be
定义: 谈论, 使用, 炒作太多遍了, 一点也不新鲜.
例句: This issue was done to death over the last two years, and I have heard every possible argument, pro and con, believe me. (在过去两年间, 这个争议被谈论太多遍, 相信我, 我已经听到所有各种论点, 包括正反两面)

17. done with less casualties, can be
定义: 以更少的伤亡取得成功.
例句: Whoever bombed the convoy is guilty of putting money above the human life, because with more effort it could be done with less casualties of innocents. (因为多尽些努力它可以减少无辜者伤亡取得成效, 不论是谁轰炸这个运输车队犯下了把金钱置于生命之上的罪行)

18. done with, be
定义: 做/用完了; 不再使用; 不必再操心.
例句: He was finally done with the computer and so he let his sister use it. (他终于用完了电脑, 因此他让他妹妹使用它)

19. Done!
定义: [惊叹语]我同意! 好, 没问题!
例句: "I'll offer you $5,000 for the car." "Done!" ("我开价五千块美元买这部车." "好, 没问题!")

20. done/dressed up like a dog's dinner, be
定义: 穿着过份花俏, 可笑, 引人注目.
例句: Who's that girl all dressed up like a dog's dinner: red hat, red dress, red gloves, and blue shoes? (哪一个女孩穿着这么可笑: 红帽, 红衣, 红长手套, 蓝鞋子?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 290 访客