royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 316

帖子 royl » 周日 3月 04, 2012 7:12 pm

二十笔实用成语 316

01. doom and gloom
定义: [名词]失败无望, 愁云惨雾, 悲观绝望.
例句: The news is not all doom and gloom by a long shot. But this week brought unseasonable gloom as both inflation and unemployment climbed. (这个消息决不是悲观绝望. 但这星期当通货膨胀与失业率两者都攀升的时候却带来了不凑巧的郁闷)

02. doomsday scenario, a
定义: 末日浩劫的情节.
例句: The doomsday scenario of Soviet nukes falling into the hands of ro​​gue states or terrorists has, as far as is known, remained fiction. (依我们所知的, 这个苏联核武落到流氓国家或恐怖份子手里的末日浩劫情节一直是虚构的)

03. do-or-die situation, a
定义: 紧要关头, 生死关键情况.
例句: David was in a do-or-die situation. He had saved up six months worth of pay, quit his job, and jumped feet first into log home building. (大卫正面临一个紧要关头. 他已经省下了六个月的薪水, 辞去他的工作, 毫不犹豫地投入原木屋建造业)

04. doormat, a
定义: 门前地垫; [俚语]受气包. (注: 意指被人欺压或欺负的可怜人)
例句: Ned will never get anywhere until he stops being such a doormat. (如果内德不停止作为这种窝囊的受气包, 他决不会成大器)

05. door-to-door
定义: 一家接一家恳求; 宅配的(从公司或工厂直接运到客户门口的).
例句: At one point, things were so bad she went door to door asking for money to buy food. (情况一度糟透了, 她曾一家接一家跟人要钱买食物)

06. doo-wop, a
定义: 嘟哇普音乐. (注: 美国五十年代流行的节奏蓝调音乐多为小乐团主要以人声合唱, 配唱的人经常用doo-wop作背景声音)
例句: The name Doo-wop is given to a style of vocal-based rhythm and blues music that developed in African American communities in the 1940s. (嘟哇普乃是给予以声乐基础的节奏蓝调风格的音乐名称, 它是非洲裔美国人社区在一九四零年代所发展出来的音乐)
图片
嘟哇普音乐演唱会

07. doozy, a
定义: 一个特别好/特别坏/特别...的人或物.
例句: I've met some real doozies on the internet. This woman lied about her whole identity and ended up being a fugitive. (我在网上碰到了一个活脱脱宝贝蛋. 这名女子编了她整套身份, 结果她是一个逃犯)

08. dope fiend/dopehead, a
定义: 有吸毒瘾的人, 毒虫.
例句: Some dope fiend broke into my Jeep and didn't get anything. (某个毒虫闯进我的吉普车, 但什么都没拿走)

09. dope out, to
定义: 想出来, 想通, 琢磨出.
例句: I'm still tr​​ying to dope out exactly what happened to me that night. (我到现在还在设法想出那一晚到底我发生了什么事)

10. dope up, to
定义: 给人服麻醉品, 受到麻醉药发作.
例句: I just got my wisdom tooth removed the day before and was doped up on painkillers for the past 24 hours. (昨天我把我的智齿拔掉了, 服了麻醉药之后让我在过去的二十四小时昏昏沉沉)

11. dope, a/the
定义: [俚语]会上瘾的药; 非法的药物或毒品; 一个蠢人; 可靠的有关私人的消息.
例句: Whenever this loon opens his pie hole, he reminds us what a dope he is. (每当这个傻蛋一开口, 他就提醒我他有多蠢)

12. dork, a
定义: [俚语]蠢人, 笨拙, 傻里傻气的人, 驴蛋.
例句: I never intended to wear a bicycle helmet, because I've never seen anyone wearing a bike helmet who didn't look like a dork. (我从来就不想戴上一顶自行车头盔因为我还没看到一个戴上自行车头盔不像驴蛋的人)
图片
自行车安全帽/头盔

13. dorky
定义: [俚语]书呆子; 笨拙的, 傻里傻气的, 驴驴的.
例句: He sure knows how to improve his appearance from a dorky guy to a cool stud. (他真有办法把他自己的外表从一个书呆子摇身一变成了一个酷帅哥)

14. dos and don'ts/do's and don'ts
定义: 该做与不该做的准则, 妥当及犯禁忌之事.
例句: Make sure you follow the dos and don'ts. You will never be caught on the wrong foot. (你一定要遵行该做与不该做的准则. 如此你才不会弄得灰头土脸)

15. doss down, to
定义: [英国]随便找个地方睡觉.
例句: During the festive period, the homeless and the destitute doss down in the doorways of banks which for the most part are responsible for their plight. (在喜庆期间, 这些街友和穷无立锥之地的人们在银行门口找个地方睡觉, 其实他们的困境主要是这些银行所造成的)

16. dot the i's and cross the t's, to
定义: 一丝不苟地注意细节或小地方; 检查文件或契约确保书写正确.
例句: If you don't dot the i's and cross the t's on the contract, you'll risk losing a lot more money. (如果你不注意这个契约的细节, 你会担上损失更多钱的风险)

17. dot your i's and cross your t's, to
定义: 一丝不苟地注意细节或小地方; 检查文件或契约确保书写正确.
例句: It is critical to dot your i's and cross your t's before that "For Sale" sign goes up in your front yard. The first impression matters. (在你把"吉屋出售"的招牌竖立在你前院之前, 上面图文的细节是相当重要. 第一印象是具有决定性的)

18. dot-bomb, a
定义: 已经关门或正要倒闭网路企业.
例句: A lot of my friends worked at dot-bombs, and now they're looking for new jobs. (我许多朋友曾从事已经倒闭网路的企业, 现在他们都在找新工作)

19. dote on/upon, to
定义: 过分宠爱, 溺爱.
例句: Doting on him won't make him love you. Cooking for him, doing his laundry, giving him money just make you look dependent on him. (过份宠爱他不会让他爱你. 替他烧饭, 替他洗衣, 给他钱只会让妳看起来对他依赖)

20. double agent, a
定义: 双重间谍.
例句: The suicide bomber who killed seven CIA employees and a Jordanian officer in Afghanistan was a double agent recruited by the US agency. (这名在阿富汗炸死七名中情局职员和一名约旦官员的敢死炸弹杀手原来是个被美国情治机构招聘的双重间谍)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 268 访客