注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 331

帖子 royl » 周一 4月 09, 2012 7:14 am

二十笔实用成语 331

01. Drop me an email.
[成语句型]写个电子邮件给我.

02. drop names, to
定义: 提供名字; 告发某人; 抛出显要人物的名字炫耀自己有办法.
例句: Mary always tries to impress people by dropping the name of some big-time executives she claims to know. (玛丽总是想尽办法炫耀她所宣称她认识的显要人物名字让别人羡慕她)

03. drop off, to
定义: 送交, 送货, 送人; 睡眠; 减少, 减缓.
例句: I'll drop off the parcel today. ​​What's your address? (我今天会送交这个包裹. 你的地址是哪里?)

04. drop on the floor, to
定义: [电脑术语]碰到错误状况将讯息或重要资料忽略或漏掉.
例句: I had a suspicion that one of our systems was dropping data on the floor. (我怀疑我们电脑系统之中的一个系统曾一直漏掉数据资料)

05. drop out of school, to
定义: 中途辍学, 退学.
例句: She dropped out of the class after three months. (她上了三个月的课之后就退学)

06. drop out of sight, to
定义: 躲起来, 消失.
例句: After the scandal, he dropped out of sight. I haven't seen him. (自从丑闻发生之后, 他就躲起来了. 我一直没看到他)

07. drop out, to
定义: 退出一个团体(例如学校).
例句: I have decided not to drop out of the taekwondo class. I'm going to continue. (我决定不退出这个跆拳道课程. 我还要继续上课)

08. drop over, to
定义: 顺道访问, 临时来访.
例句: Our friends dropped over last night for a cup of coffee. (昨晚我们朋友顺道来这里喝咖啡)

09. drop ship, to
定义: 宅配, 直接运送. (注: 中间商人或网路售货人接到订单后要求厂商直接将货品运送到客户手上)
例句: When a customer purchase the product, the online seller will contact their own supplier and in turn they are going to drop ship the item to your customers. (当一个客户购买这个产品之后, 网上销售商将会通知他们供应商再随后把货品直接运送到你的客户家里)

10. drop someone a hint, to
定义: 向某人暗示, 露口风, 建议, 打手示.
例句: I tried to drop her a hint and said it wouldn't be hard for her to find another boyfriend. (我曾试着暗示她并告诉她再找一个男朋友对她来说并不是件难事)

11. drop someone a line, to
定义: 给某人写短信.
例句: She promised that she would drop me a line when she gets to Singapore. (她答应我当她到了新加坡之后会写封信给我)

12. drop someone like a hot potato, to
定义: 赶紧抛弃/离开某人; 极欲除之而后快.
例句: If she finds out you're not rich, she'll drop you like a hot potato. (如果她发现你不是个有钱人的话, 她会赶紧离开你)

13. drop someone, to
定义: 不再与某人交往或约会; 绝交.
例句: She wouldn't quit smoking, so I dropped her. (她不肯戒烟, 因此我跟她不再交往)

14. drop someone/something like a hot brick/potato, to
定义: 赶紧抛弃某人, 事或物; 极欲除之而后快.
例句: I would suggest you buy from reputable folks and if something smells rotten, drop the deal like a hot potato. (我建议你跟有信誉的人购买, 如果你发现不对劲的话, 赶紧停止这笔交易)

15. drop the ball, to
定义: 犯错; 失败; 不负责​​任.
例句: Who dropped the ball? I'll tell you who! We dropped the ball – you and I. We need to take responsibility for our lives and our world! (谁犯了错误? 我告诉你们是谁! 是我们犯了错– 你们还有我. 我们必须要为我们的生命和我们的社会负起责任!)

16. drop the charges, to
定义: 撤销法律诉讼, 不再指控.
例句: Police claimed that Jackson had violated state wiretapping laws, but later dropped the charges and admitted the officers were wrong to arrest him. (警方声称杰克逊违反了本州窃听法律, 但后来撤销指控并承认这些警官逮捕他是错误的)

17. Drop the nonsense!
[成语句型]别扯淡! 别乱来!

18. drop the other shoe, to
定义: 已知道显然要发生事件; 预料某人准备要做的下一步; 结束悬疑.
例句: Tommy has just failed three classes in school. We expect him to drop the other shoe—quit altogether any day now. (汤米最近三门课没过关. 我们预料他准备要做的下一步—不久之后就完全退学)

19. drop your drawers, to
定义: [俚语]脱掉内裤.
例句: Don't you hate it when you have to drop your drawers for a nurse? (当你必须为一个护士脱掉内裤, 你不觉得很无奈吗?)

20. drop your gloves, to
定义: 放手一博; 真刀真枪地争吵或打架; 亳不留情地竞争或比赛.
例句: I'm tired of being Mr. Nice Guy here, I'm ready to drop my gloves against some of these bullies here. (我不想再作一个好好先生, 我准备要跟这里一些欺人太甚的恶棍放手一博)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] 和 289 访客