royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十筆實用成語 341

帖子 royl » 周二 5月 01, 2012 12:11 am

二十筆實用成語 341

01. easygoing manner, an
定義: 隨和的, 輕鬆的, 不急的態度或舉止.
例句: He does all this with an easygoing manner and offbeat humor that make him utterly approachable and likable. (他以隨和的態度和另類的幽默把這件事處理完, 讓人覺得他十足地平易近人和令人喜歡)

02. easy-peasy, be
定義: 極簡單的.
例句: Now, now Benny, don't whine about it, learning how to add and subtract fractions is easy-peasy! (好啦, 班尼, 別哼哼唧唧地訴苦啦, 學習如何加減分數是很簡單的!)

03. easy-to-use, be
定義: 容易使用的.
例句: This software was quite easy to use and intuitive, so I downloaded it and tried it. Did I mention it was love at first sight? (這個軟件相當容易使用而且憑直覺就可以學習的, 因此我下載了它並試用了它. 對了, 我有沒有提到我一見到它就喜愛它?)

04. eat a fig, to
定義: [俚語]偷竊, 闖空門.
例句: I hadn't picked a lock or ate a fig or been anywhere uninvited since I'd first set foot in this country. (自從我踏進了這個國家我就再沒幹過撬鎖或偷竊或闖空門等壞事)

05. eat and run, to
定義: 吃完就匆匆離開.
例句: We have to eat and run tonight because we have to get to the store before it closes. (我們今晚非得吃完就馬上離開因為我們必須要在打烊之前去這家店)

06. eat away at, to
定義: 不斷地腐蝕, 損耗; 不停的煩擾某人.
例句: These bank fees eat away at my savings every month. (這些銀行費用每個月不斷地損耗我的儲蓄)

07. eat bull beef, to
定義: 變為強壯, 兇猛.
例句: She looks as big as if she had eaten bull beef. (她看起來似乎十分強壯兇猛)

08. eat crow, to
定義: 被迫認錯, 認輸.
例句: He was forced to eat crow when he found out that what he said was totally wrong. (當他發現他所說的完全錯誤的時候, 他被迫承認錯誤)

09. eat dirt, to
定義: 被迫認錯, 認輸; 受屈辱; 輸得灰頭土臉; 摔趴下(跌個狗吃屎).
例句: The skater ate dirt when he fell off his board. (當他從滑版摔下來, 這個玩滑版的人跌個狗吃屎)

10. eat drink and be merry, to
定義: 吃喝玩樂; 人生苦短, 及時行樂.
例句: Before we get down to business, let's eat, drink and be merry. (在我們辦正事之前, 我們先去吃喝玩樂)

11. eat dust, to
定義: 被迫認錯, 認輸, 吃灰塵, 受屈辱, 輸得灰頭土臉, 被殺, 旅行.
例句: If you don't pace yourself, your closest competition will make you eat dust. (如果你不調整你步伐的話, 跟你實力接近的競爭者會要你輸得灰頭土臉)

12. eat high off/on the hog, to
定義: 吃喝享受, 過著豪華富裕的生活.
例句: Who would have thought five year ago that we would be eating high off the hog drinking brandy and smoking Cuban cigars. (五年前誰會想到我們會過著豪華日子, 喝著白蘭地酒和抽著古巴雪茄)

13. eat humble pie, to
定義: 被迫認錯, 認輸, 受屈辱.
例句: Tom had to eat humble pie after he finished fourth in the race. (在他得到比賽第四名之後, 湯姆不得不被迫認輸)

14. eat it or wear it, to
定義: 一定要吃完. (注: 不然廚師要把食物扔在你身上)
例句: His father warns him, "Eat it or wear it!" Five-year old Jack chooses to "wear it", so his father takes him into the bathroom and dumps a bowl of cornflakes over his head. (他父親警告他, "你一定要吃完它否則就扔在你身上!" 五歲大的傑克選擇"戴在身上", 因此他爸爸帶他去廁所, 把一碗玉米片扣在他頭上)

15. eat lead/eat hot lead, to
定義: 中槍, 吃我一槍. (注: lead是鉛也就是子彈的彈頭)
例句: "Eat lead!" yelled the bank robber, as he fired his gun at the police outside. ("吃我一槍!" 這個銀行搶匪大喊道, 同時對著在外面的警察開槍)

16. eat light, to
定義: 飲食清淡. (注: 意指因為飲食清淡, 不易變胖)
例句: Let's get sushi. I want to eat something light. (我們吃壽司吧. 我想吃一點清淡的食物)
图片
壽司拼盤

17. eat like a bird, to
定義: 吃得很少.
例句: He must be sick as he has been eating like a bird during the last few weeks. (他肯定生病了因為他過去的幾個禮拜裡一直吃得很少)

18. eat like a horse, to
定義: 吃得很多.
例句: He is thin as a rake but eats like a horse. (他瘦得像根竹竿但吃得很多)

19. eat like a pig, to
定義: 吃得太多, 吃相難看.
例句: He eats like a pig and he looks like one too. (他吃相難看而且看起來也像頭豬)

20. Eat my dust!
定義: [奚落語]要你輸得灰頭土臉! (注: 贏家消遣輸家奚落語)
例句: Eat my dust, boy! Catch me if you can! (小子, 我要你輸得灰頭土臉! 有辦法來抓我呀!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 301 访客