注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 362

帖子 royl » 周五 6月 08, 2012 3:01 am

二十笔实用成语 362

01. Fact or fiction?
[成语句型]事实还是虚构?

02. factor in, to
定义: 列入计算, 考虑, 基本元素.
例句: You have to factor in the deferred taxes when you are doing your financial planning; it means you will need more money than you thought you would for retirement. (当你在做财务规划的时候, 你必须要把递延所得税列入考虑; 也就是说你退休后你将需要比你估计还要更多的钱)

03. factored into, be
定义: 被作为因数计入, 被分解成.
例句: EAP courses are taken for a letter grade, and will be factored into your cumulative GPA. (学术英语课程的分数是字母成绩, 它们会被计入你的总平均分. 注: EAP=English for Academic Purposes; GPA=Grade Point Average=一学期的平均分; cumulative GPA=高中/大学一年级到今天的累积总平均分)
图片
字母成绩以及GPA图表

04. factored out, be
定义: 被排除于因素之外; 不列入为考虑的因素之一.
例句: All you need do is follow the plan and the short-term emotional risks and distractions are factored out. (你唯一需要做的是按计划进行, 别考虑短期的情绪风险和心烦意乱)

05. facts of life, the
定义: 人生必须要面对的现实; 涉及到性行为及生育的性知识.
例句: He seems to be a little too young to know about the facts of life. (他似乎太早知道性知识)

06. fad, a
定义: 流行风潮, 狂热.
例句: I don't even know what the latest fads are. I don't have TV, or read fashion magazines, or shop for clothes anywhere other than the thrift store. (我连最近的流行的风潮都不知道. 我没有电视机, 也不看时尚杂志, 除了只去二手商店去买衣服之外其他什么服装店都不去)

07. fade away, to
定义: 静静/渐渐地离开/消失.
例句: Over time, the pictures become faded and before you know it, those memories have faded away. (随着时间的飘逝, 这些照片不知不觉中褪色, 那些回忆也逐渐消失)

08. fade in, to
定义: 逐渐显现/增强, 淡入, 静静/渐渐地进入/出现.
例句: In the evening , sunlight faded in the western sky. (傍晚的时候, 阳光渐渐地进入西方天际)

09. fade out, to
定义: 逐渐退色/减低, 淡出, 静静/渐渐地离开/消失.
例句: As I drove the car into the tunnel, my radio signal faded out. (当我开车进入隧道时, 我的收音机讯号渐渐地消失)

10. fag/faggot, a
定义: [不尊重语]同性恋者.
例句: I hate it when Timmy acts like a fag. (当提米表现出同性恋的样子时候, 我很不喜欢)

11. fail in the clutch, to
定义: 在关键时刻失败.
例句: They simply failed in the clutch and backed themselves into a corner that is going to be very difficult to overcome. (他们就这样在关键时刻失败, 把自己逼上困境, 这将是非常困难克服)

12. fail to ..., to
定义: 没有做到...
例句: He didn't remember seeing any gold on that woman's finger and she'd just failed to mention that she was married or living with someone. (他不记得看到这女人手指上有任何金戒指, 而且她并没有提到她已经结婚或与别人同居)
图片
一对黄金结婚戒指

13. Failure is no option.
[成语句型]不准失败; 失败不是一个选择.

14. Failure leads to disaster.
[成语句型]失败将会引发灾难.

15. failure to act on ...
定义: 未能对...采取行动.
例句: According to the new Crimes Act, people are now liable for a maximum of 10 years in jail for failure to act on child abuse. (依据新订的犯罪法令, 未能对虐待儿童采取行动的人从今起将负最高至十年监禁的法律责任)

16. failure to observe
定义: 未能注意到/遵守/遵循.
例句: The thing here is the officer wrote my first ticket for failure to observe traffic signal when that wasn't the original reasoning for him to pull me over. (事情是这样的, 这个警官以未能遵守交通号志开了我第一张罚单, 可是那不是他原本要我停靠路边的原因)

17. faint of heart, the
定义: 胆小者. (注: 常用于不忍见到血腥暴力或不敢做艰难/危险事情的人)
例句: Skydiving is not for people who are faint of heart. (空中跳伞不适合胆小者. 注: 意指警告胆小者勿尝试空中跳伞)

18. fainting spell, a
定义: 短时间的晕眩.
例句: To revive people who have suffered a fainting spell, use an onion which has been cut in half and place this under the person's nose. (要复苏遭受短时间晕眩的人, 用一颗切了一半的洋葱放在患者的鼻头下面)

19. fair amount of time, a
定义: 不少时间.
例句: We have spent a fair amount of time trying to decide whether to buy a new car and finance it for 5 years at 2% interest or a used car costing $10000 at 7% for 3 years. (我们花了不少时间想办法决定是否买一部新车并以百分之二利率贷款五年或者买一部一万元的二手车并以百分之七利率贷款三年)

20. fair and fair alike
定义: 这样才公平, 对一人公平也应对另一人公平. (注: 公平的原则应使用在每一人身上)
例句: Mike stayed home to take care of your sister last night, so tonight it is your turn. Fair and fair alike. (麦克昨晚留在家里照顾你的妹妹, 因此今晚轮到你. 这样才公平)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 276 访客