royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 369

帖子 royl » 周六 7月 07, 2012 12:11 am

二十笔实用成语 369

01. fan the fires/flames, to
定义: 煽动或挑起激烈情绪, 煽风点火; 恶化一个已经爆炸性的情况.
例句: If you truly want to be a proponent of peace as you claim, you will need to stop fanning the flames of hate as you frequently do. (如果你确实想要作为一个如你自己所称的和平拥护者, 你必须停止你经常所做的挑起仇恨情绪的行为)

02. fancy Dan, a
定义: 衣着华服的人; 华而不实, 爱卖弄的人/运动员.
例句: Time will tell how good a player he will be at the semifinal but he will need more than a fancy Dan like him to turn things around. (时间会证明他在准决赛时是否是个优秀的球员, 但他将需要比他这个爱卖弄球员更多的球技来扭转颓势)

03. fancy footwork, a
定义: 巧妙, 复杂的舞步; 灵巧的步伐移动; (达成目标或脱困所使用的)熟练, 灵活, 巧妙的运作, 技巧或手段.
例句: You did some fancy footwork to answer their questions. Bravo! (你确实使用了灵活的技巧回答他们的问题. 干得漂亮!)

04. fancy name, a
定义: 华丽的, 华而不实的名称.
例句: Some people put water in a fancy bottle, then gave it a fancy name, and called it medicine. (有些人把水装进一个漂亮瓶子里, 然后取一个华而不实的名称, 再把它称之为药品)

05. fancy restaurant, a
定义: 高级豪华餐厅.
例句: If you like seafood, then Tong's Kitchen is nice. It's not quite as upscale as several other fancy restaurants mentioned, but I like it. (如果你喜欢海产食物的话, 那么汤氏厨房的海鲜不错. 它虽然并不像所提到的其他几家高级豪华餐厅那样高档, 但我喜欢它)

06. fancy someone's chances, to
定义: 认为...会成功. (注: fancy在此是误信或一厢情愿地相信)
例句: I'll be rooting for Houston Rockets; I don't fancy their chances at all though. (我会替休士顿火箭队加油; 但我完全不认为他们会打赢)

07. fancy up, to
定义: 粉饰, 装饰, 穿着盛装.
例句: We fancied up her bathroom with a new rug, flamenco shower curtain, Avanti white bath towels and adjustable shower caddy. (我们以新浴垫, 佛朗明哥舞裙式浴帘, 阿凡提白色浴巾和可调整的浴洗用品架来装饰她的浴室)
图片
佛朗明哥舞裙式浴帘
图片
浴洗用品架

08. fancy-pants
定义: [形容词]故作高尚的, 矫揉造作的.
例句: We liked the restaurant's food but not the fancy-pants decor. (我们喜欢这家餐馆的食物但不喜欢它故作高尚的装潢)

09. fanny
定义: [美俚语]臀部, 屁股; [英俚语]女人生殖器官的外部.
例句: I'd love to give him a good kick in the fanny. (我真想踹他屁股一脚)

10. fanny pack, a
定义: 臀包, 腰包.
例句: If you wear a fanny pack, make sure the buckle is near the pouch in front so a pickpocket would have a more difficult time getting to the latch without your knowledge. (如果你穿戴腰包的话, 你要确定把带扣拉近钱包并放在前方, 如此扒手就比较困难在你不注意之下接近锁闩)
图片
臀包, 腰包

11. FAQ
定义: 常见问题. (注: FAQ是frequently asked questions的缩写)
例句: While the name may be recent, the FAQ format itself is quite old. For instance, Matthew Hopkins wrote a novel in 1647 as a list of questions and answers. (尽管这个字眼是最近才看到的, 常见问题的格式本身是相当老的. 举个例子, 马修•荷普金斯于一六四七年曾写了一部一系列问答的小说)

12. far afield
定义: 遥远地, 远距地, 幅度宽广地, 离题地.
例句: Hope this post isn't too far afield for this forum, but I wanted to alert everyone to a new travel related internet scam. (但愿这个贴文与这个论坛离题不远, 但我想要提醒大家小心一个新的与旅游有关的网上骗局)

13. far and away the best/greatest/worst, be
定义: 毫无比拟地最好的/最伟大的/最坏或最糟的.
例句: Fukushima is now far and away the worst nuclear disaster in all of human history. (福岛是全人类史上毫无比拟地最糟的核能灾难)

14. far and few in between, be
定义: 稀少的, 难得的.
例句: I visited a few of the local holistic pet food stores, which are far and few in between, and I was faced with outrageous prices that I just could not afford to feed my pet dog. (我去了本地几家稀少的全天然宠物食品店, 我面临了实在买不起饲养我宠物狗的昂贵价钱)

15. far and near
定义: 远近皆有地, 到处地, 四面八方地, 四处各地.
例句: People came here from far and near to pay their homage to him. (人们从四处各地来此表达对他的景仰)

16. far and wide
定义: 深远地; 远近皆有地, 到处地, 四面八方地.
例句: San Francisco is known far and wide as the "City by the Bay." This worldly, seductive city is full of culture, magnificent sights and outstanding food. (旧金山是个远近驰名的"依傍港湾的城市." 这个人世间的, 有魅力的城市充满了文化, 瑰丽的景色和超凡的食物)

17. far be it from me to
定义: 我不适当, 没资格, 不应当...
例句: Far be it from me to tell you what to do, but I think you should do it. (虽然我没资格告诉你如何做, 但我认为你应该做这件事)

18. far cry from ..., a
定义: 与...有巨大的差距, 有天壤之别.
例句: This new car is a far cry from the old bicycle I used to ride. (这部新车跟我以前骑的脚踏车有着天壤之别)

19. far from being OK
定义: 距离令人满意的情况还早, 一点都不好, 问题一大堆.
例句: I am proud of those moments where I could force a smile and try to look happy even though deep down inside I know that I am far from being OK. (我很自豪当我挤出笑容和尽力表现出快乐的这些时刻尽管在内心深处我知道我一点都不顺心满意)

20. far from it
定义: 才不, 一点不, 恰恰相反.
例句: Do I think you need a new car? Far from it, the old one is fine. (我认为你需要一辆新车吗? 恰恰相反, 你的旧车好得很)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 298 访客