royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 371

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 13, 2012 12:42 am

二十笔实用成语 371

01. fashion statement, a
定义: 时尚宣言, 表达观点或生活方式的新潮衣着.
例句: That new suit of yours is quite a fashion statement! (你这套崭新的西装真是个不错的时尚宣言!)
图片
崭新的西装

02. fashion victim, a
定义: 追求时髦的牺牲者或奴隶. (注: 意指盲目地大量花钱购买服饰与化妆品)
例句: Fashion victims are vulnerable to faddishness and materialism, two of the widely recognized excesses of fashion. (追求时髦的牺牲者很容易受到短暂流行狂热和物质追求的影响, 这两者被广泛地视为无节制的时尚追求)

03. fast and furious
定义: [形容词]高速与激情, 狂热或疯狂的. (注: 意指活动或生活方式)
例句: We often get going so fast and furious in our normal everyday lives and forget to appreciate some of the simple things in life. (我们经常过着高速与激情的日常生活, 却忘了享受生活中一些单纯的事物)

04. fast as anything, be (as)
定义: 非常快.
例句: This video card is far faster than the benchmarks indicate, at least twice as fast as anything else I've tested. (这片视频卡比基准测试所标示的速度要快多了, 至少超过我所测试​​的其他视频卡速度的两倍)
图片
一片GeForce 6600 Series视频卡

05. fast as never before, be (as)
定义: 从未有此的快, 比以前快多了. (注: 如果把形容词放置于as never before之前可以产生许多的变化例如scared as never before从未如此怕)
例句: You can make your Windows XP fast as never before by disabling indexing services which is a small little program that uses large amounts of RAM. (把你视窗一个小程式但使用大量随机存取记忆体的索引服务关掉,你可以使XP视窗系统速度比以前快多了)
图片
随机存取记忆体

06. fast asleep, be
定义: 酣睡, 熟睡.
例句: You have to knock a few more times because I'm fast asleep at that time in the morning. (由于我早晨这时候睡得很熟, 你必须要多敲几下门)

07. fast buck, a
定义: 快又容易赚到的钱, 不劳而获的钱, 不择手段赚来的钱.
例句: He is always trying to make a fast buck without really trying to work very hard. (他总是不想脚踏实地地努力工作而只想不劳而获地赚钱)

08. fast food
定义: 速食, 快餐.
例句: Fast food in particular is one of the primary reasons for the drastic health decline seen today. ​​(速食格外是一个我们现今见到的健康状况急遽下跌主要原因之一)
图片
美国典型的汉堡速食

09. fast friend, a
定义: 挚友, 好友.
例句: Sue and I became fast friends when we were in Grade 4. (苏跟我从四年级就成了挚友)

10. fast lane, a
定义: 快车道; 自我放纵的生活方式; 快速成长.
例句: I was driving on the fast lane and going 80 miles when I got pulled over by the cop. (当我被警察拦下来的时候, 我正在以八十英哩的时速在快车道冲刺)

11. fast track, a
定义: 快车道; 快速成长或快速成功的捷径.
例句: There is no fast track to success in the field of photography. (摄影的领域里没有快速成功的捷径)

12. fastball, a
定义: [棒球术语]快球, 高速球; (抢得)先机.
例句: I'm sorry, I didn't get the contract. Their team threw a fast ball. (我很抱歉, 我没拿到这份合同. 他们团队抢得先机)

13. Fasten your seat belt.
[成语句型]系好你的安全带.

14. faster than a speeding bullet, be
定义: 极快(比子弹还快的).
例句: Who changes clothes in a phone booth and flies faster than a speeding bullet? (是哪一个人在电话亭内换衣服以及飞起来比子弹还快? 注: 这句话是指美国漫画中的虚构英雄: 超人,也就是Superman)
图片
漫画中的虚构英雄: 超人

15. faster than a speeding train, be
定义: 非常快.
例句: It hovered for a minute or so, then disappeared. It's faster than a speeding train. (它在空中悬浮一分钟左右, 随后就消失了. 它的速度非常快. 注: 这句话意指传说中的飞碟或不明飞行物)
图片
飞碟或不明飞行物

16. fast-food chain, a
定义: 速食连锁店, 连锁速食店.
例句: Wendy's edged out Burger King and became number 2 fast-food chain in US sales volume for the first time last year since Wendy's was founded in 1969. (温蒂汉堡自从它于一九六九年创业以来于去年第一次以其销售量取代汉堡王成为美国第二大速食连锁店)

17. fast-food restaurant, a
定义: 快餐店, 速食餐厅.
例句: When I need a bite to eat, I often drop by a local fast food restaurant and buy a quick meal. (当我想要吃点东西的时候, 我经常顺便到本地的快餐店买一份便餐)
图片
位于北卡罗莱纳州希尔斯伯洛市的温蒂汉堡快餐店

18. fast-forward to the future, to
定义: 快速地推进到未来或未来某一时间点.
例句: I wish I could stop time right now and fast-forward to the future so I can come back to the present and tell myself what to do right now. (我真希望我现在能够停止时间并把它快速地推进到未来, 如此我可以再回到这一刻, 告诉我自己目前该如何做)

19. fastidious workmanship, the
定义: 一丝不苟, 讲求细节的手艺.
例句: I looked at various unfinished jobs as I walked in the workshop, most of which marked by the slow progress of carpenter's fastidious workmanship. (当我走进这个工场我看到各种未完工的作品, 大部分的作品显示出木工们一丝不苟手艺的缓慢进程痕迹)

20. fast-moving flames, the
定义: 迅速移动的火势.
例句: Wildfires continue to rage in the Western US, with fast-moving flames forcing evacuations, engulfing structures and shutting down highways in some states. (野火继续疯狂漫延美国西部, 以其迅速移动的火势强迫居民撤离, 吞噬建筑物以及关闭某些州的公路)
图片
美国西部科罗拉多州的野火

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 300 访客